Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: TAA Bug Diary

The TAA Bug Diary

"Dear diary, today I found a bug .."

KNOWN BUGS

- Missing unit sounds
- Missing art (icons, portraits, UI graphics)
- Masses of missing maps
- Native units have placeholder textures
- Suboptimal "Campaign"
- features like Taxes are still missing
- HC "Build Limit" Bug: At least one card can not be sent (most likely '12 Auxiliares')
- TP building bug
- Yes, the coin of the loadingscreen looks a bit weird

You found other "cool bugs"? Post it/them right here! lol

Ah yes yes, before I forget to mention that ..

.. this version does officially only include Romans, so if you noticed the other civs are completely missing or incomplete, then it's NOT a bug.
Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Dear freaky diary...nah, I can't do this!

Bugs I found after 3 games:
Arrow The Antesignani cards have the descr: "Delivers x Swiss Pikemen", and the other mercs have "Deliver x Antesignani" lol
Arrow Athina? Wasn't it Athens or Athena?
Arrow Merchants and Philosophers are "Priest, heals units"
Arrow Pax Romana and many other cards don't have descr
Arrow The coin doesn't look weird, it just dances Banana!
Arrow Nomad Age is impossible to play, because the TC can be constructed in Age 3...Plz make a copy of the Tc special for the Covered Wagon.
Arrow Signifier can't be selected together with other units, and when it dies the Mother Nature owns it. But, even if he's dead, his "stick" isn't, and it looks strange, a big thing staying up between his legs...
Arrow The Trading Post dissapers after Age IV. Although on the mini-map it's shown as yours and you can train allies through the Embassy, you can't select the TP, which practically doesn't exist.
Arrow The Harbour get's a freaky texture after Age IV, although you can still select it.

I think that's all.

Great mod and so few bugs. Good job and hope you'll make it 'till the 5th civ!
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject:

Ok the Romans have some issusies. Temple is actulay says Inf Fussilers and something same with the livestock pen. Citzins speack Spanish (bien for my Spanish teacher) when I build a temple they dance in it looks creepy when I slect Rome it says London same cards and city and when I make my own it's all black and there are roman cards but there all unlocked. Ok I'm deleting at the time the mod is good it has potentiol but to many. Bugs for me I know your busy but just saying. I can totaly undersand this. I'll download it again when there are less bugs and a setup. But nice job. There maybe lots of bugs but I have to say the textures were thee best. The new building sounds were pretty cool to.

-Julius Caesar

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject:

I just have one sentece: Did you read the installation instructions completely and did you understand and follow them?

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
I just have one sentece: Did you read the installation instructions completely and did you understand and follow them?

I got confused after my games part

-Julius Caesar

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it seems so Rolling Eyes So this is not a bug, obviously you failed at installing it properly or does anyone else have these problems?

the dude from neverland wrote:
Ok the Romans have some issusies. Temple is actulay says Inf Fussilers and something same with the livestock pen.

What do you mean? Could you explain that a bit further?

Quote:
Citzins speack Spanish (bien for my Spanish teacher) when I build a temple they dance in it looks creepy

Yeah, Slaves are still dancing.

Quote:
when I slect Rome it says London same cards and city and when I make my own it's all black and there are roman cards

That's cause the old british AI was replaced by Romans. Your old HCs wont work cause they do have cards either from original AoE3 or another mod. Does that make sense for you? You either need to use "Athina" and "Roma" or create new ones.

Quote:
but there all unlocked.

It's not a bug, but a feature. Rolling Eyes Devil

Quote:
Ok I'm deleting at the time the mod is good it has potentiol but to many. Bugs for me I know your busy but just saying. I can totaly undersand this. I'll download it again when there are less bugs and a setup.

Too dumb to follow easy installation instructions and calling the own failures general bugs of the mod. That is a bit cocky lol

Quote:
But nice job. There maybe lots of bugs but I have to say the textures were thee best. The new building sounds were pretty cool to.

Thanks Wink

The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject:

I meant it doesn't say temple it says INF Fusilier there is some thing smiler with the livestock pen. I will install the mod again in the future but a the moment I'm busy I just got off break so I have less time on the week days. I might try again Saturday.

-Julius Caesar

Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject:

T said the sounds aren't made yet Wink Although the Slave sounds quite good. Was u the slave, T? Devil
phil44
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject:

A lot of the sounds for the buildings and the slave are from previous aoe's (they sound like aoe1 but i'm not totally sure). While it sounds awesome, i'm not sure it's entirely legal, so you might want to be a bit careful with that, or are they just temporary sounds?

Anyway, back to bug reporting. The most notable bug i have seen so far is with the farms. The main problem is how much they're able to overlap, it results in flickering as the farms 'fight' to be seen as you scroll. They are also very difficult to select, and task villagers/slaves to, as you have to click the very middle of it. I'm guessing these issues are related, was the overlapping a deliberate design decision? I think it's ok to have, but right now you can overlap them completely, which serves no real purpose, and just causes the flickering issue as i said.

Now i havn't really played it that much so thats the only bug i've seen, but it all seems very solid so far.
Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject:

They're from Aoe2. But I think the copyright for them expired long ago (game is from '98 or something).

T already said the sound and UI aren't finished. Rolling Eyes

Buuuugs:
Arrow Ships don't attack in "melee". They just continuer firing.
Arrow The Water Flag has as description (in the box where it's written improve, train, etc.): 0 Rom Voluntarius... lol
Arrow Hippotoxotai aren't trainable, never. Might be because I went on Age V with the Magister of Inf...
Arrow You don't have any techs researched in Post-Late Antiquity and such
Yomgui
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Beware, almost every string issues are the result of a conflict with NE's string files.
Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I reinstalled Aoe3, and just after I installed TAA, so NE has nothing to do with it.

Bugs, part 3:
Arrow Cataphracts, Scorpios and Spartiates have freaky textures (the original Turkish ones and a Sioux Warchief one). Didn't observed that yesterday, but I saw it today, after I entered in Scen. Editor Confused
Arrow Counter infantry Tactics refer to peltasts and slingers in the descr but don't upgrade Sphenedentis and Funditoris
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:

phil44 wrote:
A lot of the sounds for the buildings and the slave are from previous aoe's (they sound like aoe1 but i'm not totally sure). While it sounds awesome, i'm not sure it's entirely legal, so you might want to be a bit careful with that, or are they just temporary sounds?

They're from AoE1, AoE2 and RTW. TAA is not a commercial product, so I dont have to care. I mean, I'm not releasing AoE1 with another name, but I use parts of it. I think the mix of foreign media and own media is original enough, so that nobody feels robbed.

Quote:
Anyway, back to bug reporting. The most notable bug i have seen so far is with the farms. The main problem is how much they're able to overlap, it results in flickering as the farms 'fight' to be seen as you scroll. They are also very difficult to select, and task villagers/slaves to, as you have to click the very middle of it. I'm guessing these issues are related, was the overlapping a deliberate design decision? I think it's ok to have, but right now you can overlap them completely, which serves no real purpose, and just causes the flickering issue as i said.

Yes, the farms are sorta complicated, there are actually ways to limit that, but it just doesnt work in the game. The main problem is that the fields dont have - like all other buildings - a 3d model as base. You should be able to overlap them A BIT. When building new fields you should see red circles under the buildings, these are build radius limits. Do these ones appear?

Quote:
Now i havn't really played it that much so thats the only bug i've seen, but it all seems very solid so far.

Thank you. =)

Drago wrote:
They're from Aoe2. But I think the copyright for them expired long ago (game is from '98 or something).

T already said the sound and UI aren't finished. Rolling Eyes

No, the copyright expires after 70 or 80 years in case the owner doesnt change the legal position.

Quote:
Buuuugs:
Arrow Ships don't attack in "melee". They just continuer firing.

You have to insert people to fight, mastermind.
Quote:
Arrow The Water Flag has as description (in the box where it's written improve, train, etc.): 0 Rom Voluntarius... lol

The water flag? You mean the tiny buoy? Confused What the heck is the water flag? Make a screen please.

The names you mention are Editor names, all of our units start with an 0 in Editor, so they are on top of the list (no scrolling). The next three letters are a class, like ROM for Romans and HEL for Hellenes.

Quote:
Arrow Hippotoxotai aren't trainable, never. Might be because I went on Age V with the Magister of Inf...

Correct, you have to choose either the Dux or the Cavalry commander.

Quote:
Arrow You don't have any techs researched in Post-Late Antiquity and such

Possible, but seriously, who plays Post games? ^^

Yomgui wrote:
Beware, almost every string issues are the result of a conflict with NE's string files.

Thanks for the tip! I'll put the randomnamesy.xml into the next version.

Drago wrote:
I reinstalled Aoe3, and just after I installed TAA, so NE has nothing to do with it.

Simply make a screen, but please only post the link.

Quote:
Bugs, part 3:
Arrow Cataphracts, Scorpios and Spartiates have freaky textures (the original Turkish ones and a Sioux Warchief one). Didn't observed that yesterday, but I saw it today, after I entered in Scen. Editor Confused

Yes, that can happen, the Scorpiones should be right though. The Spartiates textures might not be in, I'm gonna check that. Make a screen for that too please. There are 2 Cataphracts, did you notice? One of them is old turkish one, the other one the Roman one.

Quote:
Arrow Counter infantry Tactics refer to peltasts and slingers in the descr but don't upgrade Sphenedentis and Funditoris

I'll check.

Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I had little probs selecting the famrs, too, but it's possible. lol

Oooh, I see. But you should put crews on remes, too. If it's possible, ofc.

The water flag that you get every time on a with-water map. And where ships sent from the HC appear.

Didn't searched...

Screens can be posted:...
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject:

This isn't a bug I need help installing it. I did every thing it said but when I open the My Games folder it says Age of Empires III And all that's in there is RM3 and Save game. And should i merge it with the one already in my docs? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

-Julius Caesar

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject:

You got an answer via PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4