Favorite Nation in the Napoleonic Era.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite nation in the Napoleonic Era?
Americans
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Austrians
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
French
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Germans
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Italians
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Poles
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Prussians
18%
 18%  [ 11 ]
Swedes
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Swiss
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

some peoples have own strategies........ as me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
some peoples have own strategies........ as me!

as most of us.

Quote:
And you can always mow them down with artillery that can batter their cavalry until they cant stand the pressure Razz Grenzers might some times be sitting ducks, but anyway. With Line inf and mercenaries like the Jaeger and grenadiers theyre unstoppable. Austria is not weak, its just a complicated civ.

True, but it mainly depends on your strategy if it works for you, or if it just doesn't
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject:

Every one has there own strategy. Commanding units to going around the fort and attacking the enemy trade centers and factory to cut off there supply lines is a strategy and a not very difficult one too.

-Julius Caesar

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I like sea based sieges with monitors. That allows you to take out their ships at first, after that their factories if present, Town centre, outposts, military buildings. Then let them waste some resources on building new stuff that you raze right away and then storm them with musketeers. For Russia... oprichinki.
President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject:

(yawn) Monitors are indeed great siege weapons, but they have such a limited range. You have to hope that your enemy was such a fool to build their whole town along the coast. I usually build them to take out Docks and coastal defenses that prevent seaborne invasions.
arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject:

....... i agree, but i use outpost and town center for a better def
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject:

I like to first cut there supply lines. Then destroy any forts. After that I have a small band of units go in the center of the enemy colony then my main army marches is from the left or right. Finally release the dogs on the settlers! lol

-Julius Caesar

arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

...... is your strategy personal?
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject:

the dude from neverland wrote:
I like to first cut there supply lines. Then destroy any forts. After that I have a small band of units go in the center of the enemy colony then my main army marches is from the left or right. Finally release the dogs on the settlers! lol

I undermine their trade posts, native settlements and millitary settlements (forts), then I mass a large 150 pop army to strike directly on the enemy base's surroundings, using mortars to destroy any defences in it.
President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject:

I use Petards (non-modded game) to destroy Forts. Sometimes I'll take 20 and destroy buildings in the town with them.

On the Caribbean map I will build my town a little inland, and establish a small "settlement" along the coast to provide support for my docks.
I'll try especially defending my town, but I like to fortify the ENTIRE COASTLINE. I'll build my Outposts and Forts at equal intervals so that the areas I don't have "eyes on" are being guarded, and hopefully the enemy will never even land troops.
Once, I built two walls, one behind the other, along the entire length of my island.

I also once played a Deccan map where I faced a SUPER-powerful enemy. That was the hardest game I ever played, but it was the most fun. To defend myself, I had an intricate layout. Had I been playing against a human, it might have turned pretty interesting.

I was the "middle" member of my team, the British. The Japanese ally lay just south of me. The mostly-defeated Dutch lay north of me. I had grown together with the Japs.

The enemy was mostly coming through one of the mountain passes, which emptied into my town. This was a very powerful army, so I lay out a series of four walls and Outposts on my northern border, the shoddiet series of defenses since attacks rarely came there. The Japanese acted as a "sponge" for damage, taking the blunt of any southern attacks, but I want to keep my sponges alive as long as possible so I constructed a grandiose wall along their southern border. It was double-layered and compartmentalized, gates in every compartment, backed up by Outposts behind the second wall. The mountain pass was walled off and guarded by two Forts.

The concept was that if the enemy broke the first wall they would be held down in that area. Meanwhile, the Outposts would be gunning them down and I could send patrols stationed throughout the wall to intercept them. It worked extremely well, though they began creating lots of trouble for me when they began churning out Heavy Cannon.

----------------------------------------

Here's a good strategy: I found out, from one of the official forums, that there was originally a special "Frenzy" ability for Musketeers, raising their attack by 300% and making them invincible for 30 seconds. They disabled the ability's "button", but the hotkey still works.

Here's the strategy:
1. Boom
2. Build 100 Veteran Musketeers
3. Charge the enemy base
4. Press Alt + F4
5. This has no affect, but to fully savor your victory take your shirt off and yell, "I am victorious!"
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject:

There is a hot key that in increases musket damage with 300%? Surprised

I've gotta try that.

chris17
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject:

i do not think that this works pff..

and talking about strategies,i personally do not have one...i just like focusing on wood and food and many times i do not gather any gold until i want to age up.for this reason i hate prussia,because all inf cost coin.and this is the reason why i love austria,because massing grenzers is sooooo good.before NE i used to play with the french together with my bro in ESO.i created crossbowmen,he created muskets and we attacked together to the one of our enemies that had the smallest rank.then he defended both of us and i started collecting gold to age up and start making cuirassiers(i forgot to tell:he had portugal).i created cuirassiers and hacked the enemies' villagers and he had time to age up then and created a powerful army of cassadores and organ guns and together with my cuirassiers we destroyed our enemies.i had a great team with my bro...we also had a clan called $low(spartan lord of war) which had 40 greeks and became the largest clan(because we took many members from the other big greek clan which was called Glos(greek lords of strategy) but now i never play online:(only my bro does
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Here's the strategy:
1. Boom
2. Build 100 Veteran Musketeers
3. Charge the enemy base
4. Press Alt + F4
5. This has no affect, but to fully savor your victory take your shirt off and yell, "I am victorious!"

It will mostly send you a square asking you if you want to close the game, Alt + F4 is the hotkey for closing running applications Rolling Eyes
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I use around 50-60 villagers, so no spamming for me. I prefer gathering a 50 man large musketeer group+cav+arty. British for the win Razz
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject:

So you figured it out ^^

I didn't lol Even though I've used the command loads of times before.

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people walks around in MMO's and tells you to press Ctrl-W to get loads of money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10