The Forgotten Empires Beta 1.0 released

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meister_Wolo
TFE Mod
TFE Mod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: The Forgotten Empires Beta 1.0 released

We have done it just in time. Our beta version of "The Forgotten Empires" is ready for downloading now. We hope you enjoy the new era of age of empires.

http://acronico.de/gnrc/tfe_1_00_beta_all_lang.rar

How to install our mod:

Step 1:
Run the installer like any other program. Vista-Users need to run the installer as in administrator, you find that option by right-clicking on the installer-file. Then you follow the installing instructions.
Step 2:
After that you will find a new icon on your desktop, which is named “The Forgotten Empires”. You run that application as usual. Vista-Users need to run the installer as in administrator, you find that option by right-clicking on the installer-file. The ModEnabler will be started.
Step 3:
You need to pull the folder „The Forgotten Empires“ from the left to the right side by clicking the button. This may take a while and should NEVER be interrupted.
Step 4:
Now you start your “Asian Dynasties” as usual. You can see that the mod has been activated, if there is a different loading screen.
Step 5:
If you want to deactivate the mod, you need to pull “The Forgotten Empires” from the right to the left side by clicking the button. This may take a while and should NEVER be interrupted.

For support and questions, discussions and guides just visit http://gnre.de/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Index

best regards

Wolo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name ESO
BafanaBafanaBoks
Swiss Guard
Swiss Guard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject:

Congratulations on the benchmark! It's a lot of time and a poorly-understood but nevertheless gratuitous amount of effort that goes in to reaching this stage of a project, and you've got a tip of my hat for that alone. Additionally...it looks like I may have to pull The Africa & Italy Mod from its currently-installed place for the moment. I've kept tabs on this project's progress for some time, now, but with an opportunity to actually test the fruits of your labour...well, it would be tough to turn it up, to be honest.

Give me some time, and I'll let you know what I think. I'm going in with excitedly high expectations, though, unfortunately; never easy to live up to those.

But boy is it sweet when those expectations are right on the mark. Cool
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject:

Sweet Smile
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I would be very interested to try it, but where should a install it? Becoz i did the thing with right-left, nothing happened..Sad
Meister_Wolo
TFE Mod
TFE Mod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Just run the enabler as admin:)

please check our board next time.many questions are already answered Smile thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name ESO
aias
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject:

tried it....dissapointed.

it was very clever how you managed to get all the civs in, but why set it up for online only? im guesssing its bc the AIs arent ready yet. beyond that, the maps have invisible walls all over the place and the new civs are dissapointing. there arent many new units, and those that are new are barely visually modified (railroad police, for example). i hope the next release is better.
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Aias: This one is made to revive online gaming a bit, and is not done for single player purposes.
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject:

@Wolo: i m admin (i ve only one session), and it doesnt work :/
aias
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
aias: This one is made to revive online gaming a bit, and is not done for single player purposes.
is there a version that is sigle player?
Page 1 of 1