Swedish artillery run - ( 9 minutes)

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Swedish artillery run - ( 9 minutes)

Sweden have unique advantages: Torps support big population ( Like China) and generate wood, unique weapon against all military units -bronze cannon, very very powerfull troops, very good ( indeed!) pikeman, fast and chip age up and 1 age earlier horse artillery! .
Your main goal is to go to fortress and make 2 or 3 horse artillery + 12-15 bronze cannons + 1 priest and attack the opponent.

Run/Rush order:
1. Make 3 villagers, build copper mine.
2. Go with explorer build trade post and hunt treasures.
3. Take card " Stockholm blood bath"
4. Take the card "Team Early Horse artillery" ( or take later)
4. Advance in colonial with option "2 villies +priest"
5. Put all initial villies to copper mine when the bell ring colonial and you have food for fortress, or redistribute.
6. Take next card "4 villagers", put them also in gold.
7. Gather some wood for 1 torp and continue gather mainly gold , but from copper mine.
9. Try to build meanwhile 2 nd trade post with some few help from explorers hunting treasures.
8. Go for fortress with card " 4 bronze cannons"
9. When in fortress put all vills to gold except 1 at wood and 1 at food.
10. Take the card " 4 bronze cannons", take the card "5 bronze cannons", build 2 horse artillery - attack!
Recapitulation: You attack with force 13 bronze cannons, 2 horse artillery and a priest. In this stage from game, you cannot be stopped . You need priest to heal bronze cannons when they are hit.

Times:
4,15 minutes to colonial.
8,08 minutes to fortress.

Remarks:
-Keep in mind that real opponent can try to hit you in transition period between colonial and fortress ( between 5 to 8-th minute) from begining the game. Thats way you need 1 card always to wait until the last. Card is "8 pikeman", if something goes wrong and you receive attack, those pikeman should be enough. Once you reach fortress , it si difficult for opps to stop you.
-Priest should be always with army! When you fight you should heal the cannons, they are with low HP.
-Also, Sweden indeed has remarkable good pikemans. Good tip is to build church and pick-up Swedish unique church techs if the map is rich with treasures and if you have 2 trade post's. There are tech which makes your pikes very tough and gives you pikemans.
-Crucial are 2 cards: " Horse artillery" which delives to you foundry also and "Stocholm blood bath" which reduce cost and time to age up( it takes only 650 food for colonial)

Strategy is tested many many times. Work just great, around 9 minutes after the game start there are no possibility someone to stop 13-15 bronze cannons and 2-3 horse artillery. If he stop it will cost him entire his army + some buildings.
Musketeer Long
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject:

My version takes a bit longer but I build 50 Musketeers,20 Drabants, 5 Horse Artillery.Artillery on it own is to weak against Horsemen!Need some kind of Backup Smile

Takes about half an hour!
khoin1
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject:

Bronze cannon have bonus against cavalry ( does it? I forgot), so it will not be a big problem. Still better to have some pikemen stick in front of the cannon in case of emergency.
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject:

The bronze cannon has a bonus vs heavy inf and cav. (not light cav) it has 50 % melee resistance. its weakness are ranged units.

Google+YoutubeAoEIII Heaven
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject:

checanos wrote:
The bronze cannon has a bonus vs heavy inf and cav. (not light cav) it has 50 % melee resistance. its weakness are ranged units.
Another weak point is its crappy attack, bonus or not. It makes up for some of that by being cheap with low pop cost though.

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject:

You sure that that's a bonus and not a malus? aka *0.75 or 0.5 a common malus for artillery or ranged units.

The Melee resitance is a fun little change it makes them much more vunerable to dragoons(aka light cav) and slightly more resitant to Hussars(aka heavy cav). In essence it's made to counter early infantry formations(with pikemen) rather than lategame Skirm/musk armies.
experiments with resitances are fun, they can change the whole character of a unit.
However at the end of the day I prefer the much more realistic model of Hack/Pierce/crush (tho I think hack is stupid and should be renamed Slash). The Armor system of AoeO is strange aswell but I have to admit that it's still better than that in aoe3.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject:

It's a bonus. Leather cannons destroy all heavy units. Heavy infantry as well as heavy cavalry. I guess they are the only piece of artillery good against cav and I always thought this was done intentionally.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject:

Silmariel wrote:
It's a bonus. Leather cannons destroy all heavy units. Heavy infantry as well as heavy cavalry. I guess they are the only piece of artillery good against cav and I always thought this was done intentionally.

Yes, they are intentionally supposed to kill all heavy cav. For some reason, they do easily slaughter light infantry packed in groups, and somewhat great vs cannons, as long as they are in a large group. I also never really understood why they said Reductfar...STLEAKED...must be something in swedish. xD

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1