The Romance Thread
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject:

Sexy vampires with purple eyes? Hey, I told you they were weird anime nerds. They were talking about Sebastian Michaelis from that "Black Butler" show. I did a little research on it. It seems.... okay. Aside from the most god-awful anachronisms, like television in Victorian England.

Anyways, Happy Friday! lol

Happy Friday is apparently this thing eight graders have been doing where the boys smack the girls on the butt and say "happy Friday" (if it's Friday). While going to classes, not during class. The teachers found out, and yelled at us a little, interrogated some students, and found out that there was also Happy Other-Days-Of-The-Week. You should heave heard our math teacher yell. lol If I did that to a girl I would probably end up smacked....
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Curious, that actually happens in my school quite frequently...
Confused Fascinating Confused

Quote:
Happy Friday is apparently this thing eight graders have been doing where the boys smack the girls on the butt and say "happy Friday" (if it's Friday). While going to classes, not during class. The teachers found out, and yelled at us a little, interrogated some students, and found out that there was also Happy Other-Days-Of-The-Week. You should heave heard our math teacher yell.
Frankly, it does sound a bit... dangerous. I mean, no harm done if all parties appreciate it, but that is very doubtfully the case.

To be smacked on the butt against your will can make you feel very insulted, demeaned and violated. So unless you are entirely sure that the person is up to it, it is not an acceptable thing to do. It's even a crime called 'sexual harassment'.

Since we all know how teenagers work, one must always seek extra precaution in dealing with what they think is OK and not. The chance of them accepting behaviour they would normally not accept or behaviour that makes them feel bad is greater from pressure of the group and the wish to be accepted.

I had a similar episode a few years ago, and it is frightening how fast things can go and how unexpected they can come. A guy I used to eat lunch with sometimes were exposed to these kinds of seemingly harmless gags, as were others (but not me). He seemed to be totally fine with it.

But one day, there was a suicidal letter. I haven't seen him since, but I know he didn't die. I can only imagine what the harmless jokers felt, though. It really made me take these kinds of things seriously, because it was a really shaking experience.

President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject:

I agree. Actually, the teachers did tell us about it being harassment. (laughs like Beavis and Butthead) HarASSment...

Anyways, I don't know if it was against their will or not, and really don't give a damn. If the girls don't like it, they can kick the guy in his gonads. (And if I'm around, I'll back them up.)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sad
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Anyways, I don't know if it was against their will or not, and really don't give a damn. If the girls don't like it, they can kick the guy in his gonads. (And if I'm around, I'll back them up.)
>.< Ohhhh isn't clawing the face or something better? Go for the zits! lol

A kick down there can both make people faint and throw up, so it does feel like a bit of exaggerated violence just for vengeance. You'll probably learn your lesson though Razz

The point was that you can't presuppose that the girls will take action if they dislike the behaviour, despite if they should or not. People, and especially teenagers, have a way of bottling things up.

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject:

And why don't they just throw up on ya?
President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject:

I realized what's wrong with me! I'm love-shy. Not with that whole bunch of stereotypes about being socially awkward in general, just shy around people I "luv".
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject:

And that's so abnormal it can be regarded as something 'wrong'?

sennacherib
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject:

President Washington wrote:
I realized what's wrong with me! I'm love-shy. Not with that whole bunch of stereotypes about being socially awkward in general, just shy around people I "luv".

i'm also like that, but with the years, this becomes a +. because the girls (after 25 years old) love men who aren't just motivated by theirs hormones, but who are also romantic. In france, we say "fleur bleue", this is impossible to translate litteraly.

i just hope for you, that you have more 25 years old. lol

in fact all is more interesting after 30 years old lol
President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject:

Well, it's a benefit if you can muster the courage to go beyond just wishing you had a girlfriend. Actually, I had two plans, and my mother shot down both (she explained the ridiculousness of them).

Fleur bleue. I figure "bleue" means "blue", but I doubt cordon bleue is blue chicken. If cordon means chicken; I think it does.

I suppose I could be considered fleur bleue; I never considered myself a romantic, but I never did understand why boys and girls would date for a few weeks and then just break up, for no real reason at all. And, I usually try to think of ways to impress people....

BTW, I'm a 14-year-old boy. lol I have the impression you are an adult.

---------------------------------------

Yes, it can. If something maims you in some way, it is "wrong".
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Actually, I had two plans, and my mother shot down both (she explained the ridiculousness of them).
The saxophone serenade and...?

Quote:
Fleur bleue. I figure "bleue" means "blue", but I doubt cordon bleue is blue chicken. If cordon means chicken; I think it does.
No ^^ Poule is chicken, if I got the spelling right. Fleur is flower, if you didn't know that Razz

Perhaps you should learn some French, it's said to be the language of romance, you know.

Quote:
Not if it happens to everyone as a part of a biological process. Sometimes wrong can be right, so to say. Wink

President Washington
Saxon Cavalry
Saxon Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I had two plans, and my mother shot down both (she explained the ridiculousness of them).
The saxophone serenade and...?

Quote:
No ^^ Poule is chicken, if I got the spelling right. Fleur is flower, if you didn't know that Razz

Perhaps you should learn some French, it's said to be the language of romance, you know.

Quote:
Not if it happens to everyone as a part of a biological process. Sometimes wrong can be right, so to say. Wink

No, I'm going to learn Spanish, and maybe Latin. French afterwards, if I get around to learning the previous languages in the first place. I've been using my Effeminate Friend as a tutor.

Blue flower..... I suppose it's symbolic.

----------------

(mind melts) Huh?

------------------

My mom explained to me that a serenade would most likely freak a girl out if public. She had no problems with a private serenade, but I pretty much abandoned the idea due to not having music class this semester (music class is my best opportunity).

The second idea was just to leave roses in her locker; like so, so many kids, she doesn't have a lock. I got that idea straight from my dad's playbook; when he met my mom, he was working as a security guard at the department store where my mom worked. One day he left roses on my mom's car.

My mom advised me that roses would be for a more serious relationship. Of course, that defeats the entire purpose if I'm ALREADY her girlfriend....

Somebody fat and unpopular such as myself needs an advantage.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
My mom advised me that roses would be for a more serious relationship. Of course, that defeats the entire purpose if I'm ALREADY her girlfriend....
I'm not quite following what you mean. Especially that bit where you are a girlfriend.

sennacherib
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject:

sorry double post Embarassed
sennacherib
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Somebody fat and unpopular such as myself needs an advantage.

just be yourself, and use your sense of humor, and try to be attentive to what she says; if you can understand her, half of the job is done.

Quote:
I have the impression you are an adult.

yeah; I was a teenager a long time ago.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Don't you lie sennacherib! You're still a teen! hahaha Devil

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
sennacherib