Italian FF

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killinstinct
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Italian FF

Intro:
Italy has a super good FF, you are in Fortress in around 6 minutes (on Great Plains).
Their FF is good because they can get shipments very fast and they have a good early eco.

Deck:

My level is between 25 and 40, so I don't have all cards, however I do have the most important cards. Put 12 xbows instead of Genoa.

Card order:
-Your first card is the coin trickle (1.25) in age I, coin is very important in this strategy
-Your second card will be in age II and is 700 gold, you must send it DIRECTLY
-Your third card will be in age III and is the Fort, make your Fort the HC point, you can also choose to send 2 towers in age II
-You have multiple options for your fourth card: 1 falconet + artillery foundry is my favorite, but you can also pick 12 x-bows or 4 conditieres
-After this your cards will mostly be Little Hat's Company and Great Company. If you want you can send other cards but that is not really necessary

Build order:
Age I
Collect the crates, after that all (new) merchants on food. Make a market + 1 house with your architect. Get the hunting upgrade and the faster crate upgrade. Age with 7 merchants and pick the 1 merchant + 300 gold politican.

Transition
Still all merchants on food

Age II (around 3.30)
Make 1 merchant and send 700 gold DIRECTLY. Gather the 300 gold crate with the merchant from age up. Still all other merchants on food. If your crate-merchant is done, let him mining/woodcutting near your TC till the 700 gold arrive. The merchant you make in this age should also help gather the 700 gold. You can age with 8 xbows or the Utilis. I prefer the 8 xbows.

Transition
put 2 vills on food, 4 wood rest on gold, put all new merchants to gold.

Age III (around 6.00)
Send Fort and make that your FB (optional: you can also send the 2 tower shipment in age II). Keep making merchants and put them on gold. Send your fourth card (see above). If you chose for the artillery foundry make 1 or 2 extra falconets.
After this it is easy:
Keep making houses with your architect, if you have enough wood make a Trading Post, if you have a surplus of gold (more than ~800) make the research in your market that your merchants gets faster XP.
Keep sending the Little Hat company and the Great company.
Finish it Smile

Notes:
-If you have a shipment ready in age III but you dont have 500 coin, send 12 xbows/4 conditiere, 1000 coin or a upgrade card instead.
-If you must defend against a rush send 8 xbows in age II. You are way faster in age II than your opponent. It is important to scout him.
-Do not forget to keep making merchants. More merchants = more XP + more Gold = More Company Shipments
-If you have 250 wood in the transition between II and III you can choose to make a forward tower with your architect and skip the Fort-card. However you won't be able to make units (because you dont have a rax/stable/fort) and it is hard to make the 1/2 extra falconets.
-If you dont find good food treasures in the first age you will have some iddle TC time. In this case you can choose to make an extra merchant if you want, however this will delay your FF time.
-In age III you may want to research faster mining and faster woodcutting. It is not necessary to research the faster food thing.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Hm Confused I'll try it.

Losinal
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject:

This looks like a very promising Italian deck, I'll try it when I actually play the Italians again. I've been busy with the British and French.

Killinstinct
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Ok let me know if you have some improvements Wink
fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject:

6 minutes....nice
When I played dutch i was in 9 minutes in Fortress(On Himalayas), and defeated a moderate on 12-16 min.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1