Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Julio
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject:

As for Ordenanças were troops of the 3rd line of the Portuguese Army
You can find more information here:http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordenan%C3%A7as and here http://www.arqnet.pt/exercito/orgorden.html unfortunately in Portuguese.
But the basic idea is that were one unit.

Engman
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: [Public Work] Militia / National Guards

Tilanus Commodor wrote:

SWEDEN
"Lantvärn" / "Hemvärnet" / Home Guard
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ziy0zo.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/f260s8.jpg

Lantvärnet was formed in 1807 and was the first conscription in Sweden. Although it only lasted until 1809 and was only to be formed in case of war. In 1812 the law was slightly changed and lantvärnet was called "Beväringen", which made it an organization that would exist during peace time as well. It was still very poorly trained though, only 12 days. So I suggest it should be called "Beväring" instead of "Lantvärn". (Beväringen existed until 1901.)
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject:

Well, for a National Guard/Minutemen/whatever i though when i started playing US that the Marine was more of a national guard than a full-on battle unit like the US Ranger or Mounted Rifleman. The Marines can be trained from dock which is pretty nice and from the barracks. The marines have a low attack (16 i think at beggining) and a good seige, so i would always accompany them on an attack. But the reason they felt more of a minuteman to me is because of Semper Fi ability because they are a bit better for a small time, almost like a minuteman group.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Gunther
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
Well, for a National Guard/Minutemen/whatever i though when i started playing US that the Marine was more of a national guard than a full-on battle unit like the US Ranger or Mounted Rifleman. The Marines can be trained from dock which is pretty nice and from the barracks. The marines have a low attack (16 i think at beggining) and a good seige, so i would always accompany them on an attack. But the reason they felt more of a minuteman to me is because of Semper Fi ability because they are a bit better for a small time, almost like a minuteman group.

Maybe, instead of a special militia for the U.S., they could have a Minuteman trainable from the barracks? And Marines could be changed? Confused

I'm not really sure, but it would be nice to see more of a variety in the U.S. infantry. Perhaps the Minutemen could be trained only with the shipment of a special Weapons Depot that can only be built near the Town Center? I'd say make the Minuteman a soldier who can gather slowly (so put a few on a mill, plantation, with your lumberjacks, etc.) but I feel that has the possibility of removing the French, HRE and Prussian unique villagers. Just a few ideas to throw out there. coffee

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." -Napoléon Bonaparte
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity." -Thor Heyerdahl
"A house divided against itself cannot stand." -Jesus and Abraham Lincoln
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: [Public Work] Militia / National Guards

Engman wrote:
Tilanus Commodor wrote:

SWEDEN
"Lantvärn" / "Hemvärnet" / Home Guard
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ziy0zo.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/f260s8.jpg

Lantvärnet was formed in 1807 and was the first conscription in Sweden. Although it only lasted until 1809 and was only to be formed in case of war. In 1812 the law was slightly changed and lantvärnet was called "Beväringen", which made it an organization that would exist during peace time as well. It was still very poorly trained though, only 12 days. So I suggest it should be called "Beväring" instead of "Lantvärn". (Beväringen existed until 1901.)

I think for exactly these time sets Lantvärn is better suited than Beväringen. 1807-1812 are kind of representing Age V and since revolution is kinda "late", it fits.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject:

gunther wrote:
I'm not really sure, but it would be nice to see more of a variety in the U.S. infantry

agreed. this describes my comment: http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1755#98645

Feel free to add me.
dietermoreno1
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Yes I want it. I suggested that I would texture and code almost exactly the same thing as this I presented to WotTA forums and they thouroughly rejected it bc they said it wouldn't effect the gameplay and if it did effect the gameplay then it would be OP.

Well I think some civs should be better at defense then other civs even if OP defensive civs bc of the greater historical accuracy I think it would make gameplay more interesting.

Tilanus in your potential militia list, don't forget the U.S. I would suggest for the timeframe of your mod ending in 1815 it wasn't called the National Guard untill 1903 so it would just be called "State Militia".

For the French don't forget their French Revolutionary militia was called the National Guard in 1789.
DSFSADFS
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject:

Also, I think the technology should recharge after use, so that you can use it again after some time, maybe 2 mins. The card that grants you an extra purchase of a larger force of minutemen should be changed to either a faster regeneration of the "muster-minutemen-button", or add on to the number of units you get when you press it.

As for a name for the Swedish unit, I bring forth "Lantvärn". (See any similarity with "Landwher"? )
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, i have left many of my main conecpts behind about the US, i care more of the italians. i like the new way the italians will be in the new update.
also i think that the us should get more minutemen, even though; thru a card, they have the ability to train 8 minutemen out of houses. Maybe a slower - generation of hp, or more massed minutemen.

Feel free to add me.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Spoiler:

Tiroler Schützen

Tiroler Schützen were founded in 1511 due to the Landlibell (not to be confused with the Kaiserjäger which were founded around 1815). Tiroler Schützen have a very long and proud tradition, mainly because they were able to beat the regular French and Bavarian Army three times at Bergisel. They also were able to hold the front to Italy during WW1 until regular troops arrived. I think they would fit as mm as well as cm-replacement. Although the are some sort Landwehr they are unique to Tyrolia and Vorarlberg. So you can still give Austria a normal Landwehr (probably shared by all three german states).
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I updated the list.

All civs have at least one plausible unit suggested for Revolution now. Also, the main idea changed: Minutemen will become Militiamen, whose role will be redefined soon. They don't get civ dependent designs, but UUs and upgrades may be worth a shot.

The ColoMilitia will be civ-dependent in all its shapes, that means design and stats.

Hope you like it Smile

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Nice! Smile

caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I like it Mr. Green
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject:

O-oh, very nice indead.
peugeot407
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I do believe Vrijkorps, with a K, would be a better spelling, but considering the C and K were used almost interchangably in Dutch before the 20th century, it doesn't really matter.

peugeot407

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Which of the units makes most sense to you (or was most relevant)? I read this was actually the time of the Orangist movement (is Orangist a valid native term for a single member of it?)

I just put there Vrijkorps for completeness there, but a Freecorps is already planned for Prussians.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5