9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 86

Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject:

checanos wrote:

if you play against Britain or Germany in a treaty game, Britain (or any other stronger economy) can last longer if you fight straight on (maps like orinco, ne alps ....) where you have to kill the enemy units to get to their town center and city. That is why Sweden's unit are very strong (and more expensive). Also Swedish settlers have to support more military (50-150) as opposed to Britain (99-101)

You cannot compare Germany to any other civ. They already had the strongest eco in TAD but with NE (+20 Settlerwagons) they are even stronger.

The main thing is that with Swedes you only have to collect one ressource and that's gold from mines (for mercenaries+canons). Sweden has several cards that increase the gold gather rate from mines (even one in age IV with 45% increase if I'm right) and these are the only economc cards you need in your deck (+the one that increases torps' wood production).

Your units are stronger than any other units (+you can use more cards to increase your soldiers combat ability) and you can have even more of them (150 compared to 101; +natives). So it's even possible to destroy your enemy with the first strike.

If you do not believe me I suggest to challenge me on ESO...
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you do not believe me I suggest to challenge me on ESO...

I am not saying that you are a bad player or that you are lying all I am saying is that swedens economy is small compared to some nations.

In fact I agree Sweden is OP (but who does not know that already) I just don't like it when people just look at the military of a civ rather than its overall
wining a game you have use strategy, use full military (not like currasiers spammers that think its the best unit and can beat everything)use your economy and use your benefits that excel from your civ

Quote:
(150 +natives)

50 setters supporting 150 army + natives won't last very long though (also considering that Swedish units are more expensive) lol

Google+YoutubeAoEIII Heaven
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject:

checanos wrote:

I am not saying that you are a bad player or that you are lying all I am saying is that swedens economy is small compared to some nations.

In fact I agree Sweden is OP (but who does not know that already) I just don't like it when people just look at the military of a civ rather than its overall
wining a game you have use strategy, use full military (not like currasiers spammers that think its the best unit and can beat everything)use your economy and use your benefits that excel from your civ

50 setters supporting 150 + natives won't last very long though (also considering that Swedish units are more expensive) lol

And I said that they have the best gold production in game. I believe if you send a fully upgraded swedish villager to gather gold from a mine he gathers as fast as two normal villagers gather from a plantation. And if you play Sweden you only need coin.

And read carefully. I did not say that 50 villagers support 150 natives. I did say that-because you can only train 50 villagers-you can create an army of 150 soldiers+natives (if there are any on the map). And if you act smart it's possible to destroy your enemy with the first strike . If you do not use any strategy, but spawn useless units it may be right that the british economy will last longer. Otherwise it's pretty clear that Sweden will win. But I think Swedish mercenaries will be nerfed in the final version, so it will be more difficult for Sweden to win a treaty game.
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject:

You know, it's a warm and cuddly feeling everytime people find out the concept behind one of your civs ^^
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject:

You cannot compare Germany to any other civ. They already had the strongest eco in TAD but with NE (+20 Settlerwagons) they are even stronger.

Lol, if you got 99 setts + 40 sett wagons takes up 180 pop, and u will get ulhans from each shipment, so 10 uhlan army xD

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject:

lol you keep 40 settler wagons and 19 settlers. Then you have space for TONS OF DOPPELSOLDERS lol

Google+YoutubeAoEIII Heaven
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Yea, dopples are sooooo fun to use

Then again, war wagons.....lol xD

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Heathen678
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
I thought we were only talking about NE civilizations. Anyway, my fav civ to "get the job done" is sweden, for a fun civ is japan or italy, and my favorite eco civs are france or prussia

I'm curious about why you list Prussia as one of your favorite eco civs. I was just playing them earlier today and I was struggling to get their economy very strong. What do you do with them?
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I know that this is an old post, but what qualifies as best? Do you mean, "What is the most fun civilization to play as?" Or is it, "What civilization is the strongest to play as?". Or is it, "What civilization has the strongest AI?"
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

No one can answer?
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject:

Crazy Crusher wrote:
"What civilization is the strongest to play as?"

That one. What civ is the strongest (or "best") at most [if not all] stages of the game.

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Ande59 wrote:
What civ is the strongest (or "best") at most [if not all] stages of the game.

Then it's easy Swedish.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

Actually now that I think about it, what I said may not be true. "Best" Civ may be suggesting "Most Balanced NE civ" or "Easiest NE civ to play for beginners", or even "Best designed civ." It's quite vague actually. Razz

In my opinion "Best civ" is the Prussians. Their unique and versatile army in 2.1.7b allows them to easily fend off almost any army. Their economy, whilst not as great as other civs pre-age 4, is nice. The economy compliments their army's cost... (... that last part probably made no sense)

The only thing I dislike about the Prussians the amount of cards and technologies that can allow the Death Head Hussars to have a staggering 10.74 speed, (WITHOUT native upgrades) allowing them to catch any heavy cavalry unit (which, I know, is their purpose).

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Ande59 wrote:
Actually now that I think about it, what I said may not be true. "Best" Civ may be suggesting "Most Balanced NE civ" or "Easiest NE civ to play for beginners", or even "Best designed civ." It's quite vague actually. Razz

I think for most people it means none of that. ^^ The best civ for people is usually their most victorious one, which in many cases is a civ that is too dominant by design because it's imba or OP.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject:

Ehe... I'm thinking outside the box too much Razz

stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Agreed...it likely means which Civ is the most powerful/easiest to win games with irrespective of the opponent/gives a fundamental advantage just through the selection of that nation.

In an ideal scenario, all Civs would be equally powerful and the deciding factor would be the players skilled use of the Civ with no in built factors making one Civ fundamentally stronger than another.

I think what is being asked is: Which Civ has a vastly OP economy, which Civ has a unit you can mass and then no one can counter, or other such anomalies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6