NE Recruitment thread
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject:

Sorry for doublepost, just posted the full post again to see the changes Tilanus Mr. Green

Hi everyone

This post is posted to show Tilanus that I'm ready to research. My task was to make the Vlach natives more historic.

Exclamation Under construction -- I'll delete this line if its not Mr. Green Exclamation

Vlachs are a large ethimology on the Balkan, nowadays their population is about 25 million. They mostly live in Romania(20 million), Moldavia(3,5 million). The remaining population is scattered across the balkan.

First of all, the soldier(s) able to replace vlach pikemen. I've collected several units, so it's possible to choose of them.

Because in the Napoleonic ages, Vlachs mostly lived in Romania's Wallacia region and Moldavia, I've chosen soldiers from the Wallachian military(otherwise, most of the Balkan was under Turkish rule, so didnt have so much military strength).

Units

1. Wallachian Calarasi horsearcher

Good ingame names instead of horsearcher(for the request of Tilanus):
Spoiler:

-Cavalry archer
-Mounted archer
-Bow rider
-Mounted bowman

First appeared in the Medeval age, they were the primary forces of the Wallachian army until 1600, although they were commonly used later as well. They carried Wallachian Composite bows(Wallachians were the masters of bows) nad sabres, sometimes lances. They wore little to no armor, and were able to fight both mounted and dismounted. They got land for service, therefore they were always avaiable.
In equipment and appearance, the Vlachs were similar to the Hungarians and Russians; they wore large fur capes decorated with feathers, and sported the characteristic long, rounded beards. After their victory over the Turks at Calugareni in 1595, Vlach armies became almost completely cavalry forces. Several contemporary engravings by de Bruyn, made between 1575 and 1581, help us to reconstruct the appearance of the Wallachian cavalrymen.

They belonged, for the most part, to a type of light cavalry (calarasi), who acquired much of their equipment and equestrian skills from the Ottomans. Besides training their horses to walk, trot and gallop, the Vlachs taught them to walk like camels, moving both legs on one side at the same time. Today one can find horses walking that way, but it is considered a bad trait.

From the end of the sixteenth century, Wallachians served as mercenary horsemen to both the Ottoman Empire and its enemies - Poland, Hungary and Russia. They were organized in squadrons (sotnia, from the Russian word for 100) of about one hundred men. At one time there were 20 sotnias in Polish service in the Ukraine, and one of the frequent motifs on their flags was a bull's head. Like the Ottomans, they refused to use firearms for a long time; their main weapons were spear, sabre and composite bow. For protection, they wore mail shirts and used a light round shield.

2. Seimeni(=lefegii) musketeer(singular is seimen)--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seimeni

They were mercnaires fight in large numbers in both the Wallachian and Moldavian army in the 17-18th century. They had muskets, and wore mostly no armor. Seimeni (plural of Seimen) designates the group of flintlock-armed infantry mercenaries charged with guarding the hospodar and his Court in 17th and 18th century Wallachia and Moldavia. They were mostly of Serb and other Balkan origin.

The designating term is of Turkish origin: seğmen means "young armed man". In modern transcriptions of Slavonic, it may also appear as simén (plural: siméni) or siimén (siiméni).

Spoiler:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/903/scan00087sg.jpg

Possible units

These units werent used so commonly, or a bit archaic, although I included them so you can choose from these as well.

1. Curteni
Not armored cavalry that was mostly used in the medieval ages, and occessionally in the 1500 years. They fought from horseback with lances or bows. Exclamation They are a bit archaic, therefore not recommended

See cavalry in the upper line:

2. Panduri

Used from about 1700, and reorganized in 1806, they fought in Large numbers (50000) in the Russo-Turkish war. Their colthing was like the same to other this-aged soldiers(like Hajduks or seimeni).

Exclamation Hajduk is also used at another mod, as Tilanus mentioned, so if you need another soldier like this, I higly recommend Seimeni(see upper) Exclamation

3. Hajduk(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajduk_(soldiers))

The word hajduk entered the Polish language from Hungarian in the late 16th century. It was initially a colloquial term for a style of footsoldier, Hungarian or Turco-Balkan in inspiration, that was introduced by King Stephen Bathory in the 1570s, and who formed the backbone of the Polish infantry arm from the 1570s until about the 1630s. Unusually for this period, Polish-Lithuanian hajduks wore uniforms, typically of grey-blue woollen cloth, with red collar and cuffs. Their principal weapon was a small calibre matchlock firearm, known as an arquebus. For close combat they also carried a heavy variety of sabre, capable of hacking off the heads of enemy pikes and polearms. Contrary to popular opinion, the small axe they often wore tucked in their belt (not to be confused with the huge half-moon shaped berdysz axe, which was seldom carried by hajduks) was not a combat weapon, but rather was intended for cutting wood.

In the mid 17th century hajduk-style infantry largely fell out of fashion in Poland-Lithuania, and were replaced by musket-armed infantry of Western style. However, commanders or hetmans of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth continued to maintain their own liveried bodyguards of hajduks, well into the 18th century as something of a throwback to the past, even though they were now rarely used as field troops.

Spoiler:

http://nov.lkg-bp.sulinet.hu/~aaa/habs/Mgyalog.gif

See left infantry:

Spoiler:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4262/scan00064ut.jpg

4. Puscaasi(or Dorobanti)(Hungarian:puskás=rifleman):
Infantry musketeers/ fusilers inherited from the XVIIth century. See other pictures for infantry stereotypes.

Spoiler:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=4431&pictureid=49954

5. Dragonii (drăgani in Moldavia) - dragoons of western inspiration, trained to serve both on horse and on foot. The former category of mazili/mazâli (medium cavalry of noble descent) was transformed into a new light cavalry type responsible with guarding the supplies&army camps and securing the communications during the wars.

6. panţârii (probably an inspiration and adaptation from the Polish armoured XVI-XVII century hussars), which were considered effective especially against the Tartars and until towards mid-XVIII centry were organized as armoured (long mail coat, metal helmet) cavalry

Techs

First, I put here my opinion of the existing techs(thanks Tilanus for the list)

1. Morlach shepherds: Historically good, Morlachs were truly shepherds(who often held their sheeps in their houses). Also, they were quite agressive people. In the Napoleonic times, their estimated population was about 150000, therefore they could fit NE.

In-game: I also suggested a Shepherding tech, so the best would be to let this tech stay, or replace it with Wallachian shepherds.

2. Suditi : True, in the late 18th century, Suditi was "avaiable".

The Sudiţi were inhabitants of the Danubian Principalities (Wallachia and Moldavia) who, for the latter stage of the 18th and a large part of the 19th century — during and after the Phanariote period of rule, were placed under the protection of foreign states (usually the Habsburg Monarchy, Imperial Russia, and France) as reward for particular services or in exchange for payement. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suditi)

In-game: I think it is good to have them in the game, because they really fit the 1500-1815 times.

3. Heirs of Dracul: Well, this is the tech that could not fit the NE, because Dracul(Vlad Tepes) ruled in the mid-15th century, so it's too early. Also, because Vlach pikemen will be replaced, their in-game use is also questionable.

In-game: I think this should be replaced with one of the techs listed below

I've collected several techs, which are really Wallachian. I'll recommend and in-game use for them, but you can change it. Choose the best 3 of them.

1. Wallachian sheperds(only include, if you want to change it to Morlach shepherds)

Many wallachians were sheperds in these ages, so I recommend this tech from them.
In game use: You might get some sheeps(this is my best suggest)

2. Cereal harvest

Cereals were growed in wallachia in large amounts.
In game use: Might be farm gather incrase, or less farm cost

3. Puscaasi tufecci(this tech should be only used if the new Vlach unit is puscaasi)

Puscaasi tufecci was a subtype of Puscaasi, who were better payed, and used in smaller numbers, although they fought better.

In-game use: Possibly Puscaasi build limit decrased, and their attack/HP increased, as well as their cost.

4. Habsburg expansion
In 1699, Transylvania became a territory of the Habsburgs' Austrian empire, following the Austrian victory over the Turks. The Austrians, in their turn, rapidly expanded their empire: in 1718 an important part of Wallachia, called Oltenia, was incorporated to the Austrian monarchy and was only returned in 1739. In 1775, the Austrian empire occupied the north-western part of Moldavia, later called Bukovina, while the eastern half of the principality (called Bessarabia) was occupied in 1812 by Russia.

In-game use: Cheaper Vlach unit cost(because of superior Austrian technologies)

5. Transilvanian Diet(goverment)
Transylvania was governed by princes and its Diet (parliament). The Transylvanian Diet consisted of three Estates: the Hungarian nobility (largely ethnic Hungarian nobility and clergy); the leaders of Transylvanian Saxons—German burghers; and the free Székely Hungarians.

In-game use: Parliamental organization should give your settelrs better gathering rates.

6. Edict of Turda(=Torda)
The Edict of Torda (modern name: Turda) in 1568, also known as the Patent of Toleration was an early attempt to guarantee religious freedom in Christian Europe, that was born due the special polithical, social and religious situation in the Kingdom of Hungary in the 16 Century.
King John II Sigismund of Hungary, encouraged by his Unitarian Minister Francis David (Dávid Ferenc), during the Diet of 1568 issued the following proclamation (roughly translated into English):

"His majesty, our Lord, in what manner he – together with his realm – legislated in the matter of religion at the previous Diets, in the same matter now, in this Diet, reaffirms that in every place the preachers shall preach and explain the Gospel each according to his understanding of it, and if the congregation like it, well. If not, no one shall compel them for their souls would not be satisfied, but they shall be permitted to keep a preacher whose teaching they approve. Therefore none of the superintendents or others shall abuse the preachers, no one shall be reviled for his religion by anyone, according to the previous statutes, and it is not permitted that anyone should threaten anyone else by imprisonment or by removal from his post for his teaching. For faith is the gift of God and this comes from hearing, which hearings is by the word of God."

This edict was given at the city of Torda/Turda. Torda (now part of Transylvania in Romania) was in 1568 at the center of a maelstrom of power struggles between cultures, religions, and thrones. The edict, appearing during the counter-Reformation and during a time when national churches were being established,[4] represented a move toward religious toleration and a direct renunciation of national establishment of a single religion.

In-game use: Might be cheaper techs, or better market excanges

Please note that in-game uses are just recommended by me, if you have better ideas, use them then.

I hope this will be enough to show the History's importance for me.

Sources(If you can't find anything written upper at these links, just ask)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?albumid=4349&pictureid=49633
http://www.warandgamemsw.com/blog/466026-wallachian-cavalryman-c-1575/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seimeni
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?49685-OiM-Balcan-factions/page2

Thanks for reading this Mr. Green
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject:

fendre wrote:
Sorry for doublepost, just posted the full post again to see the changes Tilanus Mr. Green

Hi everyone

This post is posted to show Tilanus that I'm ready to research. My task was to make the Vlach natives more historic.

Exclamation Under construction -- I'll delete this line if its not Mr. Green Exclamation

Vlachs are a large ethimology on the Balkan, nowadays their population is about 25 million. They mostly live in Romania(20 million), Moldavia(3,5 million). The remaining population is scattered across the balkan.

First of all, the soldier(s) able to replace vlach pikemen. I've collected several units, so it's possible to choose of them.

Because in the Napoleonic ages, Vlachs mostly lived in Romania's Wallacia region and Moldavia, I've chosen soldiers from the Wallachian military(otherwise, most of the Balkan was under Turkish rule, so didnt have so much military strength).

Such explanations are always good, thanks.

Quote:
Units

1. Wallachian Calarasi horsearcher

Good ingame names instead of horsearcher(for the request of Tilanus):
Spoiler:

-Cavalry archer
-Mounted archer
-Bow rider
-Mounted bowman

You didn't fix the names even though I adviced you to do it. It'd have been good to know what "Calarasi" means. What is it? Is it a group of people? A social/military rank in Wallachian society? Just a descriptive word? Maybe it's a term that's also has been used just to describe Wallachian horse archers primarily. Then the unit name could've been just "Calarasi" (if that is the correct singular).

Quote:
First appeared in the Medeval age, they were the primary forces of the Wallachian army until 1600, although they were commonly used later as well [for how long?]. They carried Wallachian Composite bows(Wallachians were the masters of bows) nad sabres [image would've been good], sometimes lances. They wore little to no armor, and were able to fight both mounted and dismounted. They got land for service, therefore they were always avaiable.
In equipment and appearance, the Vlachs were similar to the Hungarians and Russians; they wore large fur capes decorated with feathers, and sported the characteristic long, rounded beards. After their victory over the Turks at Calugareni in 1595, Vlach armies became almost completely cavalry forces. Several contemporary engravings by de Bruyn, made between 1575 and 1581, help us to reconstruct the appearance of the Wallachian cavalrymen.

They belonged, for the most part, to a type of light cavalry (calarasi)[I assume it's plural then. That translation would've belonged to the beginning of your suggestion.], who acquired much of their equipment and equestrian skills from the Ottomans. Besides training their horses to walk, trot and gallop, the Vlachs taught them to walk like camels, moving both legs on one side at the same time. Today one can find horses walking that way, but it is considered a bad trait.

From the end of the sixteenth century, Wallachians served as mercenary horsemen to both the Ottoman Empire and its enemies - Poland, Hungary and Russia. They were organized in squadrons (sotnia, from the Russian word for 100) of about one hundred men. At one time there were 20 sotnias in Polish service in the Ukraine, and one of the frequent motifs on their flags was a bull's head. Like the Ottomans, they refused to use firearms for a long time; their main weapons were spear, sabre and composite bow. For protection, they wore mail shirts and used a light round shield.[That last paragraph is part of the Vlach's description and does not belong to the Calarasi in first line]

Flaws/Comments in red. That unit looks promising even though I'd have appreciated more unit history, that means battle involvements, tactical usage, etc., that's important to make realistic stats. Worst part of that unit presentation is the clearification of the name. You also didn't provide any links to sources.

Quote:
2. Seimeni(=lefegii) musketeer(singular is seimen)--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seimeni [I'd always put the unit name in singular in bold characters. If you provide a second name (here obviously "lefegii") you also need to add/mark the singular]

They were mercnaires fight in large numbers in both the Wallachian and Moldavian army in the 17-18th century. They had muskets, and wore mostly no armor. Seimeni (plural of Seimen) designates the group of flintlock-armed infantry mercenaries charged with guarding the hospodar [What is this? Explanation missing.]and his Court in 17th and 18th century Wallachia and Moldavia. They were mostly of Serb and other Balkan origin.

The designating term is of Turkish origin: seğmen means "young armed man". In modern transcriptions of Slavonic, it may also appear as simén (plural: siméni) or siimén (siiméni).[As I already told you, there is the "Seymen" unit in the Ottoman Empire, it'd have been good to add some kind of disambiguation and/or historical differentiation to avoid confusion]

Spoiler:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/903/scan00087sg.jpg

[This image URL is not clickable. And it's not clear are they all seimeni or just a few of them? Also: Why does the word "seimen" not appear in the image if you want to make me believe that this image does contain a "seimen"?]

Seems like an option, but the unit still remains kinda foggy. Lacks several important details.

Quote:
Possible units
[That's a bad title, cause that would actually suggest that all other units were "impossible units" .. ]
These units werent used so commonly, or a bit archaic, although I included them so you can choose from these as well.

1. Curteni [Meaning? Plural or singular?]
Not armored cavalry that was mostly used in the medieval ages, and occessionally in the 1500 years. They fought from horseback with lances or bows. Exclamation They are a bit archaic, therefore not recommended [in spite of their unsuitability their history could've been described more detailed, sources are missing too. If you already see that this unit is not in our timeline, don't post it. Wink]

See cavalry in the upper line:

Useless + unsuitable + poor research.

Quote:
2. Panduri [Meaning? Plural or singular? Are they close to the "Pandour" in any way? ..]

Used from about 1700, and reorganized in 1806, they fought in Large numbers (50000) in the Russo-Turkish war. Their colthing was like the same to other this-aged soldiers(like Hajduks or seimeni).[No images? No sources. Hardly anything that could be called "details".]

Poor.

Quote:
Exclamation Hajduk is also used at another mod, as Tilanus mentioned, so if you need another soldier like this, I higly recommend Seimeni(see upper) Exclamation [That is simply wrong. The Hajduk is not used in another mod, but is already a part of NE!]

3. Hajduk(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajduk_(soldiers)) [URL not clickable, also is that your only source?]

The word hajduk entered the Polish language from Hungarian in the late 16th century. It was initially a colloquial term for a style of footsoldier, Hungarian or Turco-Balkan in inspiration, that was introduced by King Stephen Bathory in the 1570s, and who formed the backbone of the Polish infantry arm from the 1570s until about the 1630s. Unusually for this period, Polish-Lithuanian hajduks wore uniforms, typically of grey-blue woollen cloth, with red collar and cuffs. Their principal weapon was a small calibre matchlock firearm, known as an arquebus. For close combat they also carried a heavy variety of sabre, capable of hacking off the heads of enemy pikes and polearms. Contrary to popular opinion, the small axe they often wore tucked in their belt (not to be confused with the huge half-moon shaped berdysz axe, which was seldom carried by hajduks) was not a combat weapon, but rather was intended for cutting wood.

In the mid 17th century hajduk-style infantry largely fell out of fashion in Poland-Lithuania, and were replaced by musket-armed infantry of Western style. However, commanders or hetmans of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth continued to maintain their own liveried bodyguards of hajduks, well into the 18th century as something of a throwback to the past, even though they were now rarely used as field troops.[If you recommend the Hajduk as Wallachian unit you need to connect it to Wallachia or the Balcan at least. Now I mainly read how the Poles used them, that's a lil pointless.]

Spoiler:

http://nov.lkg-bp.sulinet.hu/~aaa/habs/Mgyalog.gif

See left infantry:

Spoiler:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4262/scan00064ut.jpg

[2 URLs not clickable. WHY do you make for each url an own spoiler? The spoilers don't really make any sense at all. You use spoilers if you want to separate a large part of optional content]

Kinda useless as you were not doing what you were told (trying to find different types [not solely images] of Hajduki). Some stuff was interesting, but in the end I can't work with that.

Quote:
4. Puscaasi(or Dorobanti)(Hungarian:puskás=rifleman) [So what? I need the singular of all name suggestions, they look like plural to me.]:
Infantry musketeers/ fusilers inherited from the XVIIth century. See other pictures for infantry stereotypes. [Which "other pictures"? It's your job to provide the images! Poor research and presentation here.]

Spoiler:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=4431&pictureid=49954

[URL not clickable. Which unit is the Puscaasi?]

Lacks too much details.

Quote:
5. Dragonii [I'm quite sure that this is plural.] (drăgani in Moldavia) - dragoons of western inspiration, trained to serve both on horse and on foot. The former category of mazili/mazâli (medium cavalry of noble descent) was transformed into a new light cavalry type responsible with guarding the supplies&army camps and securing the communications during the wars.

So you basically want to suggest a simple dragoon without any special traits? No sources, no images. Is that poor or poor?

Quote:
6. panţârii [ ... ] (probably an inspiration and adaptation from the Polish armoured XVI-XVII century hussars), which were considered effective especially against the Tartars and until towards mid-XVIII centry were organized as armoured (long mail coat, metal helmet) cavalry

No sources, no images. Too few details.

Quote:
Techs

First, I put here my opinion of the existing techs(thanks Tilanus for the list)

1. Morlach shepherds: Historically good, Morlachs were truly shepherds(who often held their sheeps in their houses). Also, they were quite agressive people. In the Napoleonic times, their estimated population was about 150000, therefore they could fit NE.

In-game: I also suggested a Shepherding tech, so the best would be to let this tech stay, or replace it with Wallachian shepherds.

2. Suditi : True, in the late 18th century, Suditi was "avaiable".

The Sudiţi were inhabitants of the Danubian Principalities (Wallachia and Moldavia) who, for the latter stage of the 18th and a large part of the 19th century — during and after the Phanariote period of rule, were placed under the protection of foreign states (usually the Habsburg Monarchy, Imperial Russia, and France) as reward for particular services or in exchange for payement. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suditi)

In-game: I think it is good to have them in the game, because they really fit the 1500-1815 times.

3. Heirs of Dracul: Well, this is the tech that could not fit the NE, because Dracul(Vlad Tepes) ruled in the mid-15th century, so it's too early. Also, because Vlach pikemen will be replaced, their in-game use is also questionable.

In-game: I think this should be replaced with one of the techs listed below

I've collected several techs, which are really Wallachian. I'll recommend and in-game use for them, but you can change it. Choose the best 3 of them.

That looks good.

Quote:
1. Wallachian sheperds(only include, if you want to change it to Morlach shepherds)

Many wallachians were sheperds in these ages, so I recommend this tech from them.
In game use: You might get some sheeps(this is my best suggest) [this is just lame]

2. Cereal harvest

Cereals were growed in wallachia in large amounts.
In game use: Might be farm gather incrase, or less farm cost

1. It makes no sense at all to keep a double of an existing tech, you don't really suggest two "sheperds" techs, do you? 2. Cereal harvest is a damn boring tech. The name is boring and unspecific, the effect works but is very lame to be honest.

Quote:
3. Puscaasi tufecci [this just makes me believe once again it's plural as it does not make sense to use singular if you describe a larger amount of a unit in general] (this tech should be only used if the new Vlach unit is puscaasi)

Puscaasi tufecci was a subtype of Puscaasi, who were better payed, and used in smaller numbers, although they fought better.

In-game use: Possibly Puscaasi build limit decrased, and their attack/HP increased, as well as their cost.

Could work.

Quote:
4. Habsburg expansion [The point of view is wrong here. The name does not hit the nail on the head. The expansion was just the beginning but not the core action for the Wallachian benefits]
In 1699, Transylvania became a territory of the Habsburgs' Austrian empire, following the Austrian victory over the Turks. The Austrians, in their turn, rapidly expanded their empire: in 1718 an important part of Wallachia, called Oltenia, was incorporated to the Austrian monarchy and was only returned in 1739. In 1775, the Austrian empire occupied the north-western part of Moldavia, later called Bukovina, while the eastern half of the principality (called Bessarabia) was occupied in 1812 by Russia.

In-game use: Cheaper Vlach unit cost(because of superior Austrian technologies) [that really is a poor tech effect. You rather should've described the technological benefits in particular, these ones would be the base to use to extract tech effects.]

Quote:
5. Transilvanian Diet(goverment) [Orthograpical mistakes in bold letters and titles are embarrassing; they just pull you unnecessarily down]
Transylvania was governed by princes and its Diet (parliament). The Transylvanian Diet consisted of three Estates: the Hungarian nobility (largely ethnic Hungarian nobility and clergy); the leaders of Transylvanian Saxons—German burghers [Bürger? Burgherren?]; and the free Székely Hungarians.

In-game use: Parliamental organization should give your settelrs better gathering rates. [Possible effect, but hard to criticize for me as you barely told anything about the achievements of the Diet]

Can't work with it as I don't know what it achieved historically.

Quote:
6. Edict of Turda(=Torda)
The Edict of Torda (modern name: Turda) in 1568, also known as the Patent of Toleration was an early attempt to guarantee religious freedom in Christian Europe, that was born due the special polithical, social and religious situation in the Kingdom of Hungary in the 16 Century.
King John II Sigismund of Hungary, encouraged by his Unitarian Minister Francis David (Dávid Ferenc), during the Diet of 1568 issued the following proclamation (roughly translated into English):

"His majesty, our Lord, in what manner he – together with his realm – legislated in the matter of religion at the previous Diets, in the same matter now, in this Diet, reaffirms that in every place the preachers shall preach and explain the Gospel each according to his understanding of it, and if the congregation like it, well. If not, no one shall compel them for their souls would not be satisfied, but they shall be permitted to keep a preacher whose teaching they approve. Therefore none of the superintendents or others shall abuse the preachers, no one shall be reviled for his religion by anyone, according to the previous statutes, and it is not permitted that anyone should threaten anyone else by imprisonment or by removal from his post for his teaching. For faith is the gift of God and this comes from hearing, which hearings is by the word of God." [what kind of usage do I have from that text? Right. None.]

This edict was given at the city of Torda/Turda. Torda (now part of Transylvania in Romania) was in 1568 at the center of a maelstrom of power struggles between cultures, religions, and thrones. The edict, appearing during the counter-Reformation and during a time when national churches were being established,[4] represented a move toward religious toleration and a direct renunciation of national establishment of a single religion.

In-game use: Might be cheaper techs, or better market excanges [Religious freedom is hard to abstract. "Cheaper techs" is too common, you'd have needed to be more specific here. The suggestion itself has potential, even though it is not really "burning" but rather has a filling character]

Quote:
Please note that in-game uses are just recommended by me, if you have better ideas, use them then.

I hope this will be enough to show the History's importance for me. [interest in history is the most basic requirement, but that only does not qualify you in any way as a researcher needs to have certain skills]

Sources(If you can't find anything written upper at these links, just ask) [WHY THE HELL are these sources at the end of the post? It'd have been damn comfortable to click the sources right at the unit suggestion]

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?albumid=4349&pictureid=49633
http://www.warandgamemsw.com/blog/466026-wallachian-cavalryman-c-1575/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seimeni
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?49685-OiM-Balcan-factions/page2

CONCLUSION:

Research quality
Only average in best case. There were some better researches (i.e. Calarasi or Seimen), but actually everything was missing essential/crucial pieces of information. You didn't care enough about spelling, unit names and making points about the uniqueness of the suggested units and techs. I was giving you plenty of tips on what and how to research, how and what to present. Seeing your final posting I need to conclude that you were obviously not taking them serious enough.

Presentation
The formatting was poor, only having bold letters in titles makes no good formatting. The spoilers didn't make any sense. You didn't spend any thoughts on a formatting pattern or mask that makes reading your suggestions comfortable. There was also nothing that really got me interested, which either means that your researched units are simply not unique enough or (what I think is more plausible) that you didn't present the units/techs well enough.

I didn't have the impression that you were trying to see your post with my eyes, but it really is essential for a researcher to have an idea of what the designer needs and thus to present your researched results in an appropriate way.

So, the answer is no. I'm sorry, I saw that you were motivated and eagerly trying to make it good, but in the end the result simply isn't. Good will alone does not the full job, you also need talent/skill and that's what you're missing in that concern.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Also Wallachians did not serve as mercs for Poland, Moldavians did but not Wallachians.

-Julius Caesar

fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was not good enough

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

P.S: I think formatting is not the most important part of researching Rolling Eyes
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Not formatting alone, but presentation is. Good units, techs, etc. can only be discovered and realized as "good" and thus "suitable" by good presentation techniques.

You could present even the most suitable material in a bad, insufficient way, this would result in an unrighteous downgrade. The other way around you could make even a unit with clearly less potential the piece of the cake by providing outstanding material and performing a good presentation.

However, with an unitary formatting/presentation system you ensure that all provided information is equal. Then again, with that state of equality I can much easier judge which quality your research really has and which unit/tech/asset is the best one out of many since only the same criterions make content comparable.

fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject:

hmmmmmm

And now, what will you do with vlachs?
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Give the task to a skilled team member. Smile

The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I could be an advisor, I was basically in charge of Romania after Mar1vs left TFN, and I know a bit about good old' Vlad.

But no real major research. Basically I can give a list of units and say if a tech is good or not. No giant research project, just the basics. Besides, my realm is Eastern European Military History (mainly Poland and surrounding nations) and geography. I'm not used to you're demands about information, nor am I good at making techs. ^^

-Julius Caesar

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I could be an advisor, I was basically in charge of Romania after Mar1vs left TFN, and I know a bit about good old' Vlad.
I'd like that, just contact me via msn tomorow.
fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I might be able to help you

As I read at another topic, you need video creators for Youtube. If the final version is released, I can do it Mr. Green
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I have a question: The next NE version of Ne is 2.02 of will be NE La Finale?
to the charge ordered.

The enemy advances
a double-quick,
deployed to the wind
its red flag
deployed to the wind
its red flag.

And our grenadiers
Allies of glory
inscribed in history
they better page.
Inscribed in history
they better page
Mr Bean
VIP
VIP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject:

I wanna join 2D artists.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject:

Splendid! I know your awesome work! Welcome to NE! Cool

Let's have a lil chat on MSN as soon as possible. When will you be online?

@ARG - Wrong thread.

Mr Bean
VIP
VIP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Splendid! I know your awesome work! Welcome to NE! Cool

Let's have a lil chat on MSN as soon as possible. When will you be online?

@ARG - Wrong thread.

About 7-12 pm in China. MSN? Yes, I've got a ID - xb4221@sohu.com
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I've already added you before on MSN. I think 7pm or earlier in China (2am in Germany) would be the best of that time span then. Everything after midnight in China or before 7pm would be better though. We might rather stay connected via PM here.

You can't use any google sites (like Google Docs) in China, right?

We are collecting all our unit drafts and descriptions in google documents. I can copy these docs for you though if necessary.

Mr Bean
VIP
VIP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Okay, I've already added you before on MSN. I think 7pm or earlier in China (2am in Germany) would be the best of that time span then. Everything after midnight in China or before 7pm would be better though. We might rather stay connected via PM here.

You can't use any google sites (like Google Docs) in China, right?

We are collecting all our unit drafts and descriptions in google documents. I can copy these docs for you though if necessary.

I can use Gmail but docs. Please send them to xb4221@gmail.com or xb4221@sohu.com
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8