NE Recruitment thread
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject:

Did you read the credits? ^^ Yomgui already is a NE member.
Amadoxus
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Napoleonic Era is recruiting!

[*] ... literate translators to translate NE into other languages. Be warned though, that you'll need a long breath since there are many lines to be translated. You also should not be afraid to work with IDs and simple code. We're looking for translators for the following languages:

• Chinese (currently manned)
  • French
  • German (co-translator available)
  • Italian (co-translator available)
  • Spanish (currently manned)
  • Russian

Hello Community and hello Tilanus Commodor!

i like Napoleonic Era a lot so I want to help. I want to translate Napoleonic Era in german! I have no idea of modding, but I want to learn it. Also I know that this task takes a long time, but i will do the best to do this.

I hope i can help you...

Greets

Amadoxus
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Hey Amadoxus!

Thanks for your interest. Mr. Green How would you rate your English and history skills and what's your experience with translations so far? Smile
Amadoxus
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey Tilanus Commodor!

I'm in school in class 13! History is my favourite subject! My English skills are not the best, but i can express what i want to say. May it's not Oxford english, but there are some good translators in the internet! It's the first time, that I do such a big translation task. In english lessons we translated also Smile
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I see, I would like to give you a small excerpt from our strings to see your performance on it. Since you probably are not familiar yet with xml files such as techtreen, proton or randommapstringsn (this would be the file you need to translate), you'll surely need some introduction first. I'm currently very busy though, so I can't do that now with you.
You can, however, already take a look at the randommapstringsn.xml in the data folder of your NE installation to get a first impression of your workload and the sorts of texts you'd need to translate. Are you able to do that?

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Violet Herald
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Still needing researchers? I can help. Even though I am a Medical Technologist by study, I have studied and taught World History for quite some time.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

And in what fields and particular topics do you excel? Any history research-intense projects that you worked on and can show?

My requirements for researchers are very high. Our current researcher will confirm. So it's nothing like an easy job.
Violet Herald
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject:

Oh! Sorry for that post, Tilanus, that was my friend. He forgot he was using my account to browse the forum.

I still think he's interested still though.
JimGam9
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I would really like to help to make this great game fully understandable for my Italian fellas! So I can play multiplayer with some friends who speak English like a cabbage. :lol;

Despite I have no experience in Modding, I believe that my English is not so horrible, you judge! Mr. Green

Moreover I graduated in translation and interpreting, so I think I have some experience with translations, translation strategies, the in-house style and so on. Cool

I also like history, in particular the historical period covered by NE (when I played as Italians, I found something that in my opinion ishistorically inaccurate.), so feel free to give me your impressions, I'd really like to help! Wink

Bye! Smile
GamerLuna
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I can hunt bugs/research
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

GamerLuna wrote:
I can hunt bugs/research

Sure, let us know whenever you find bugs. Smile http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

JimGam9 wrote:
I would really like to help to make this great game fully understandable for my Italian fellas! So I can play multiplayer with some friends who speak English like a cabbage. :lol;

Despite I have no experience in Modding, I believe that my English is not so horrible, you judge! Mr. Green

Moreover I graduated in translation and interpreting, so I think I have some experience with translations, translation strategies, the in-house style and so on. Cool

I also like history, in particular the historical period covered by NE (when I played as Italians, I found something that in my opinion ishistorically inaccurate.), so feel free to give me your impressions, I'd really like to help! Wink

Bye! Smile

Hey JimGam9, that sounds awesome! Smile Once NE 2.2 is progressed enough, I will get in touch with you again via mail. Smile What are the historical inaccuracies for Italians that catched your attention?

NapoleonicWololo
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys !

I don't match the beginning requirements (got the Old CD/DVD AoE III Version) but, as you seem to search for French translators since January, I give it a shot, hoping that traducing stuff does not require a Steam Account.

I a native French speaker, and I understand English quite well. I did computer science studies, so putting sentences into a localization file/ filling IDs shouldn't be much of a problem.

I also speak Spanish, although I'm not fluent.

Writing in French is one of my hobbies, so I should provide a satisfactory level of traduction.

Last note : I know how to use Google and Notepad++, and how to write with a keyboard (but I'm quite sure you were aware of this)
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Website wishlist/must haves and style specifications

NapoleonicWololo wrote:
Hey guys !

I don't match the beginning requirements (got the Old CD/DVD AoE III Version) but, as you seem to search for French translators since January, I give it a shot, hoping that traducing stuff does not require a Steam Account.

It doesn't, any AoE3 version works. Wink

Quote:
I a native French speaker, and I understand English quite well. I did computer science studies, so putting sentences into a localization file/ filling IDs shouldn't be much of a problem.

I also speak Spanish, although I'm not fluent.

Writing in French is one of my hobbies, so I should provide a satisfactory level of traduction.

Last note : I know how to use Google and Notepad++, and how to write with a keyboard (but I'm quite sure you were aware of this)

Alright! Sounds good, I'd say let's start with a quick test right now:

1. Locate your NE installation folder and find the randommapstringsn.xml in the data folder
  2. Duplicate the file and translate from string ID on the very top of the file 130015 straight down to 00644 ('NAT MERC Kozak Lancer') and further down from 00758 to 01054 ('Guard Grenadiers, Champion Gebirgsschützen +2 Chevauxlegers') into French Smile
  3. Upload the file somewhere and send me the download link via private message or mail
  4. Wait for my response Mr. Green

RylaiSlyfe
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to apply as:

-Voice Artist (Female, 20 years old, german) either english or german
-3D Artist Modeling. I know Autodesk Maya which is pretty much 3DSMax
-Translator for german. German is my mother tongue
-Bug tracker. I study Game Design with specialization in programming

I hope I could be some help.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Hey RylaiSlyfe, welcome on board. Sent you a PM. Smile

GoTDTruth
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject:

I could assist as a researcher, balancer, game designer, or bug tracker. (#8-11)

I believe I meet all the requirements for a researcher and I think I have proven that.Wink Currently, going for my bachelor’s in history and often find myself reading about random historical stuff I find interesting anyway. So if you want to give me a topic or material to research I wouldn’t mind.

Balancing is something I would like to work with as well. I work with spreadsheets in Excel all the time for organizing information. Although I haven’t played much AOEIII competitively, I have plenty of experience with AOEII online. Also, while I lack a complete understanding of the internal numbers of AOEIII I understand how the game is balanced and have probably played it for hundreds or thousands of hours.

Designing… I’ve currently been designing a civ for you guys, so unless you don’t like it I think I’m okay here as well. Razz I have a 16 page word document that I’ve been using to organize the information for that civ. Devil

Finally, I have experience play testing and reporting bugs, however my understanding of code is limited.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8