Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject:

GoTDTruth wrote:
I could assist as a researcher, balancer, game designer, or bug tracker. (#8-11)

I believe I meet all the requirements for a researcher and I think I have proven that.Wink Currently, going for my bachelorís in history and often find myself reading about random historical stuff I find interesting anyway. So if you want to give me a topic or material to research I wouldnít mind.

Researching something you're not familiar with would be a much better test though Mr. Green Your field of study is definitely a huge bonus though as it's much more likely to believe you possess good researcher skills Razz So yeah, as everybody else, I'll look for some other test task for you and let you know when I got one. Smile

Quote:
Balancing is something I would like to work with as well. I work with spreadsheets in Excel all the time for organizing information. Although I havenít played much AOEIII competitively, I have plenty of experience with AOEII online. Also, while I lack a complete understanding of the internal numbers of AOEIII I understand how the game is balanced and have probably played it for hundreds or thousands of hours.

AoE2 online experience is a plus. How good have you been at it? Figuring out the numbers in AoE3 for balance are not really the problem, it's rather the ability to interpret them properly. Mr. Green While I don't really have a specific (test) task to offer, I think that your interest in balancing may well contribute to the utilization of your research results. Depending on how well that goes, we might ofc include you in further balancing discussions. Smile

Quote:
DesigningÖ Iíve currently been designing a civ for you guys, so unless you donít like it I think Iím okay here as well. Razz I have a 16 page word document that Iíve been using to organize the information for that civ. Devil

Well, 16 pages for something I can store on one mindmap is not really efficient I would say. Devil Joking aside, we simply gotta have to look at how you perform at game design tasks that are neither civ design nor something that you are familiar with as a topic. I do think though that with your AoE2 background and as a student of history you're potentially predestinated for the required skills I listed. In the end, researching, balancing is also a part of game design.

Quote:
Finally, I have experience play testing and reporting bugs, however my understanding of code is limited.

May I know what exactly is your experience with bug reporting & bug tracking (mind the difference) as well as reading code? (What sorts of coding languages can you handle/read?)

You'll need a Skype and Google account. Could you send me those via PM so we can get in touch? That'd be great, looking forward to it!

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Speaker section updated. Smile

caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Hello,
I can help translate in french if you still need someone for it, as well as for balancing test (again, if needed). Smile
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

@caveman: Now you're on my potential-translators-list Razz Devil

Speaker section updated.

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

Moved this topic to major NE forum hoping that more visitors will see it. Smile
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tilanus,

I'm a Business Analyst within IT Software projects (Requirements gathering and elicitation, QA process management, Data model definition, Requirements Traceability/Backlog management etc).

Not sure if this is useful to you or not but if that as a skillset would be of use let me know.

Stubbo.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

You'd be most welcome, stubbo! Smile

Can we have a chat in Skype? Please send me your ID via PM. If you don't (want to) use Skype, we could use PMs first and maybe then switch to mail. Let me know. Cool
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8