Mirkwood

Culture: Elves
HC: Elven King's Halls
Leader: King Thranduil
Style: Rush/Turtle
Economy focus: Wood
Bonuses & Distinctions
  • Infantry and Cavalry can gather treasures

• Villagers can not build buildings, instead they can train different building wagons

• Buildings wagons can use stealth

• It costs more to ally with natives

Mirkwood is a very isolated civilization. A well balanced unit roster compensates for it's a small navy.

Elven Archer, Elven Pikeman, Elven Warrior, Woodland Sentinel (UU), Elven Mounted Archer, Elk Rider (UU)

Since they are part of the Elven Culture this means they have three politicians as their first choice. Each one costs a different resource. If you age with one, the rest of the later on politicians will cost the same resource.

Currently there is no politician that costs coin, you can suggest one. He/She must have lived in the second age.

Over all it is an easy civilization to play, but a tricky one to master.

Google+YoutubeAoEIII Heaven
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Aww, man that's cool!
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject:

You're doing a good job, checanos. Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject:

And it's hard to get a compliment from T. SmileSmileSmile
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Home Cities and Balancing

After a long wait ...here is an update.

Lately I have been working mainly on the Home Cities of Isengard, Mirkwood and Rohan

Be sure to thank Titan Joker for the Mirkwood pillars, Rohan buildings and Tower of Orthanc.

Bug fixing and balancing has also been done this past month. In fact Balance has been the main work I did this past month. Rethinking concepts and changing unit roles. Here is a quick summery.

Unit role:

Heavy Infantry: Heavy armoured units with a high rate of fire. Multipurpose units that are good against cavalry and infantry
Light Infantry: Fast light armoured units with a medium rate of fire. Good against Heavy Infantry.
Heavy Cavalry Mounted heavy armoured units with a high rate of fire. Multipurpose units that are good against artillery and light infantry.
Light Cavalry: Fast mounted light armoured units with a medium rate of fire. Good against Heavy Cavalry
Artillery & Siege Units: Slow armoured units with a slow rate of fire. Designed for taking down buildings, they also do well against infantry

Units:

Units will be more tactical and less spamable. In AoE3 you can spam units and win. Not in WoME.

Military units are available in age 1, so rushes will be more intense.
Age 1 units have half the damage and amount of hitpoints, if an attack does't work then it has ruined your economy.
Units are meant for specific roles and don't do well out of them.
No unit can be instantly trained (or almost instantly trained).
Constantly making units will take a toll on your economy.
There won't be any over powered units. Units that are stronger cost more (resources and population).
Units also are weaker than in AoE 3, but since all are weaker, it is fair.
Ranged units do little damage in melee (except for a couple).You will need to protect them with melee soldiers.

Economy:

In WoME resources are more vital, there won't be many infinite sources, so you will have to control areas of the map to secure resources. Villagers will also have less hit points, so sending them alone is not wise. It is also harder to amass huge amounts of resources.

Aging:

There are 4 ages. Aging will cost more resources. It costs coin since the start. Each civilization has mostly unique politicians.

Mercenaries:

Mercenaries are elite units that beat most units in the early ages. Mercenaries are support units, meaning you can not only use mercenaries to fight. They can be captured, so having a full army of mercenaries won't win you the battle. They also are quite expensive (costing only coin) and can ruin your economy if you spam them.

Natives:

Natives offer a slight advantage since they don't cost population (instead they have a build limit). They are also slightly weaker than normal units. The natives will offer more technologies than in AoE3. It will also cost more to ally with them.

Home City Cards

Unit shipments will give less units. And technologies won't be as powerful as in AoE3. There are more tactical cards, with interesting effects.

And lastly today I made more of Isengard's Home City cards.

I hope to elaborate some time on these different categories. Until then. Thanks for reading!

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

Hey I don't think anyone can accuse you of being an unproductive slacker Mr. Green

caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

This looks awesome!
luminos
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject:

any idea about the ETA my friends, and also about requirement how to play this mod, like you have to install AOE3 TWC and TAD and update something like that?
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

I have not posted in a long time here. I don't know if anyone here is still interested, but if you are...

Khand was the name of a land which lay to the south-east of Mordor and to the east of Near Harad.

An arid desert with few resources. Deer, mines, treasures, and trees cover the edges of the map. There are native Variag settlements in the central barren plateau, while a crossing trade route benefits some players.

Complete with new regional treasures.

There are five possible mercenaries on this map. The Outlaw, Mounted Bandit, Slave of Núrn, Halftroll, and Khandish Horseman.

The Variags are the native people of Khand. When you ally with them, your cavalry units gain line of sight.

They offer two units, one military and one economic. The Variag Chariot is a tough ranged cavalry. The Nomadic Wagon can train and hide villagers, it can also boost their hit points after researching a technology.

I hope you like the map. Please comment what you think about the map, natives and mercenaries shown. Thank you for reading! A special thanks to Peogeut307 again, for the chariot. Also thanks to Pepp and AoE_Fan for helping out with the map.

@luminos Age of Empires 3 with both of the expansion packs and fully updated.

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

Wonderful Work. I really am amazed by the progress that has been made on this mod. And the Chariot looks amazing. Keep up the great work.
Kyohan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: wery nice

looks awesome hope it get out one day
GamerLuna
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Good luck with your mod so far what i have seen looks good
RGM
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject:

Very interesting mod, good luck! Smile
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: What about the Dwarves?

Hello everyone (or anyone) I know I have not been posting here that often. The mod is going fine. I have a dilema though I thought I might get some advice.

I am very divided about the dwarven civilization. It was the first civilization I made and I didn't plan it too well. Some people don't think it fits to be in the mannish civset. The thing is, should I make a new "dwarven civset" just for one civ? This topic is to discuss the fate of the dwarven civilization. Right now it is inside the mannish civset, and is represented by the kingdom of erebor with some additions from other dwarven kindoms. Should this be changed?
The three options that I can think of:

• Should there be one dwarven civilization inside the civset(culture) of men?

• Should there be one dwarven civilization inside its own new and only civset (culture) of dwarves?

• Should there be more than one (major) dwarven civilization inside their own new civset (culture)?

I am very divided on this issue and I want the community to help decide since they will be the ones playing the modification.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7