AoE3 Online?

Forum Index -> NE Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerFusion50
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: AoE3 Online?

Hi all, I had some questions about Age of Empires online play and was hoping for some info. Is there any way to play Age of Empires III online? If so, is this community still active and where can I find it? Also, how do I use the online play to connect and so on?

I've read rumors recently that there is still an Age of Empires I and Age of Empires II online community somewhere also, does anyone know how to connect to it and use it?

Any help is greatly appriciated, thank you.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Hello and welcome to our forums!

Yes, there is a way to play Age of EmpiresIII online. Built-in the game is ESO, which you can come to by clicking the multiplayer button on the main menu. There are still quite a few matches going on there. You can also use third-party services like Game Ranger, which also can be used for the older versions of AoE.

PowerFusion50
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Thank you so much!!! I went in there and was able to make an online account without even leaving AOEIII. I found the chat rooms and clans and stuff, too. Again, thanks so much, this is really awesome!!! Also, I'll be giving Game Ranger a try to see if I can find a group for ealier AOE games. Thanks again, SAOL

EDIT: I just downloaded GameRanger and it works great!!! I can't believe that the online community for the old AOE games is still so huge and active! Thanks again for all the help!
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject:

There are also some NE games going on every now and then...
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ehm would you mind changing your thread Title to "AoE 3 Online?" or "AoE III Online?" just to avoid confusion Wink
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Ca Putt wrote:
ehm would you mind changing your thread Title to "AoE 3 Online?" or "AoE III Online?" just to avoid confusion Wink
Can't you do that? Oh right, you're not a moderator in this forum Devil Then I know where I shall post if I want to tease you.

PowerFusion50
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject:

Sorry about the title, I don't know if I can edit the thread name or not. Although, my original question was about all the AOE games, not just III. Also, thanks for the tip, I will get it online with NE asap!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject:

Keep in mind that you only can play against people with the same version of the game. Wink

Page 1 of 1