Missing Maps,possibly homecities on most recent mac version?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TLuev21
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Missing Maps,possibly homecities on most recent mac version?

I haven't personally seen a post about this, so here it goes:

I downloaded NE 2.01 and hotfix 7.1 combination for the mac, which i assume is the most recent one. i read all the instructions on how to get it running, as well as that there were custom maps that can be toggled on. Much to my surprise, when i tried to toggle them on it stated that there are no custom maps.
Another issue is the homecities available. The only ones opened for me are:

TAD Chinese
TAD Japanese
TAD Indians
TAD British
TAD French --only change is Coureor to Sausacalotte)
TAD Russians -- only change is flag design
TAD Germans --only change is flag design
Swiss
Prussians
Italians
United States
Swedish
Austrians
Polish

I have seen information about native HC and other traditional HC should supposedly be accessible, along with Incan and Persian Home cities.

I have read posts about how there is supposed to be a folder labeled "bonus" that is supposed to hold some, if not all, of the data that I am missing. I have not been able to find this data at all.

One more thing: I have the Extensive fortifications mod applied to my vanilla and TAD expansion. While playing NE, it's effects are removed, suggesting to me that it hasn't affected the NE mod at all, except i have to build my walls a certain way for aesthetic effect (which is a point discussed in the mod ReadMe).

Is there some step or data i missed or that has been deleted from the most recent download. If I missed it, please let me know the proper steps to locating it, or a some solution to this problem. Heck, if anybody with a mac has all the proper data, would you be willing to email me the unaltered files? Simply put, I do not know whether it is me or some external factor, as i would love to play all of NE, not just its barest elements (the new HomeCities).

Thanks for your time in advance.
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject:

Welcome to NE,

I assume you have tried out the "select homecity" menu? you know the one where you choose one of the homecities you created earlier. It should hold 2 HCs for every civ.

you sure the TAD germans only have their flag changed? The changes are not first second apparent, same goes for french. While russians just get one UU and ... not sure if they get any of our shared units. Check the barrack, it should show the poleaxeman.

the files from Extended fortifications probably have been overwitten by NE. Aoe3 is not actually made to be modded thus most mods have to be merged in order to function simultaneously.
TLuev21
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject:

You got me there Ca Putt. Indeed the TAD factions gameplay has been modified. That's what I get for looking at homecity decks only, not their actual gameplay.

Wasn't to fussed about losing extensive fortifications, I understood that it would most likely disappear when I added NE.

Quote:
I assume you have tried out the "select homecity" menu? you know the one where you choose one of the homecities you created earlier. It should hold 2 HCs for every civ.

I look into the "select homecity" menu, it only holds the cities I've created since starting NE, not 2 HC's for each civ. Is it possible you meant the "create homecity" menu? Either way, both only show the factions I listed previously. Is that the proper list, or should there be spain, portugal, ottoman, dutch, TWC nations, Inca, Persia in the list as well?

And what of the maps I mentioned at the beginning of the previous post, the custom ones that I cannot find in the data at all?

Thanks for your time and patience.
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject:

no problem, we're not the most obvious mod out there^^

Select homecity is the right thing. "create" is limited to civs that have an AI thus adhere to the 14 civ limit. That they do not show in the list is not usual. Sadly my experience with Mac is limted so I can only render very basic and unspecific help here. uhmmm try searching your My documents path for "sp_vienna" or the like. Sometimes it also waits to generate the HCs until you create a new HC, try that first and check your HC list again.

The maps are a bit issuesome in the current version, you'll have to select a different folder when playing a skirmish. you know one of the dropdown menus below the map "preview". "NE maps" or "costom maps".
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject:

As Ca Putt said: Welcome!

The Inca and the Persians were dropped very early on in development. They are grossly unfinished and more or less pointless to play with or against. So frankly, I wouldn't worry about that loss. Indeed, if I recall everything correctly, it was excluded from the Mac install. If you want to, you should still be able to try out the few units in the scenario editor.

The maps, however, I believe should turn up if you tick the custom maps box. You say that they don't, which is odd. No one has to my memory previously talked about installation problems of this kind on macs, so I don't quite know where the problem lies. I suppose it should be a matter of looking in the appropriate folder RM3, I believe, to see if they are there. If not, then put them there?

The home cities issue is similarly strange. For all home cities you can't create there should be ones already created. Strange if they're not. Try following Ca Putt's advice?

TLuev21
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject:

I thank you Ca putt and SAOL for the help. I do not see this two often on many sites, and it is a refreshing change of pace.

I have found both the maps and homecities you both mentioned. they were under Documents>My Games>RM3 (maps) and Documents>My Games>Savegame (HC).

The reason they did not appear is that there is another folder in Documents>My Games labeled "Napoleonic Era Beta 2". This folder has RM3 and Savegame folders of its own, and these folders were missing the maps and HomeCities. I have copied and pasted the missing files into the folders missing them. Whether my game should be running off of this "Napoleonic Era Beta 2" folder is another matter.

Simply put, the files have been found, and I thank you for the quick and effective help.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject:

Quite true; we are the kindest people in the world lol

Glad to hear it has sorted itself out for you. I believe it should be running off the Napoleonic Era Beta 2 folder. If it doesn't I suppose you can move the files to the folder you have found it does run off. I mean, as long as it is a working solution.

Anton Grün
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: The Danes

Hello

Do you know any rumour about when and where will the Danes be downloaded? It is a pity that just 14 civs can be played, and the system to change it is very complicated, I think. ¿Do any of you have changed one civ for another and has succeed?

Thank you! Mr. Green
Da Bozz
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: The Danes

Anton Grün wrote:
Hello

Do you know any rumour about when and where will the Danes be downloaded? It is a pity that just 14 civs can be played, and the system to change it is very complicated, I think. ¿Do any of you have changed one civ for another and has succeed?

Thank you! Mr. Green

It does work without problems, take a look at the FAQ: http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1739#96516

But I think there should be one homecity included for each civ which you can choose ingame.

P.S.: Nice to see someone from Vienna in here!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Do you know any rumour about when and where will the Danes be downloaded?
When it's done!

Gotta use that emoticon when you get the chance Mr. Green

Welcome, by the way.

Anton Grün
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Danke und viele Hoffnung

Thank you for the information, I have downloaded the game just a week ago, so I'm still fascinated, but when I finally become bored, you can be sure that I will try to run that mess!

Nice to see someone from Greenland, why not!

Yes, the emoticons are incredibly unusual! Rider atomrofl!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rolling Eyes

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Y u so mean, SAOL? lol
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
Quote:
Rolling Eyes

looooooooooooool Hammer lol
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I kind of expected to see that from T.
Anton Grün
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject:

As I see that my commentary about Greenland is very confusing, I have to say that it was just an answer to "Da Bozz", because he said it was good to see someone from Vienna, I hope you see everything more clearly now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2