A help about placing new hats for the skirmisher.

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paladin
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: A help about placing new hats for the skirmisher.

Hi there! I never was too convinced with the skirmishers, I wanted to make them fusiliers, so Ive changed the skirmishers for fusiliers, in the "stringtabley" file and in their appereance, so now they look as the Austrian Line Infantry of the NE mod, Ive also changed their weapon for the one of the highlanders, and they look very good now, I like them very much; I changed too the hat of the veteran skirmisher for the one of Washington, and they wear the longbow fourth age helmet (pickelhaube style) in the ages 4 and 5; and it works.
But now, I want to make another modification in the hats, I want the guard skirmisher to wear the guard musketeer hat, so the pickelhaube is just for the imperial skirmisher, so Ive written it in the "skirmisher_hats.xml" file a paragraph for the guard skirmisher hat, and another paragraph for the imperial skirmisher helmet; Ive changed too the file "skirmisher_4age_hat.ddt" to "skirmisher_5age_hat.ddt". And it works, but just for the common skirmishers, the Imperial Voltigeur and the Imperial Prussian Needle Gunner still use the guard musketeer hat. Ive written in the "skirmisher_hats.xml" file another 2 paragraphs for the "imperialvoltigeur" and the "imperialneedlegunner" or the "imperialprussianneedlegunner", but they dont work. So, can you tell me what Im doing wrong? Surely Im not writing the right references (imperialvoltigeur and imerialneedlegunner or imperialprussianneedlegunner) Confused , so, what are the correct references?
Thanks!
peugeot407
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject:

That's because AoE3 doesn't come with a unique Imperial texture for the Skirmisher (well, it does, but it isn't used), so while the Voltigeur and Needle Gunner techs very nicely tell the game to also include the Guard Skirmisher tech so that the texture will be upgraded, their Imperial counterparts don't.

You can do two things now. Either you can alter the two techs and tell them to also set the Imperial Skirmisher tech to active, or you could add the "UpdateVisual" effect to those two techs and then add your two paragraphs, as you call them, in the animfile.

peugeot407

Paladin
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:

Sounds good, the problem is I understand nothing Confused , Im not an expert modder (my mods are much more simple), maybe I know what youre talking about but by now ... Confused , so I would appreciate a little explanation about how to do these 2 things you tell me, or what else to add in the animfile.
Page 1 of 1