What do you think about a new AoE Installation Tool? (2.0)

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about a new AoE Installation Tool? (2.0)
It will be amazing
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
I can't wait for it
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
I think I will like it
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
It will suck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It will be useless
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Only dumb users who can't make a backup from theirselves would need this.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

R0gerBlack
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: What do you think about a new AoE Installation Tool? (2.0)

Insert your comments. The new AoE Installation Tool will be able to install any mod creatable for TAD, but it has to be configured to do it.
It will be able also to install a mod from its setup, but the support for that will be reduced, but not much, just as NE in the AoE Installation Tool 1.2
(http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1720)

Here are some screenshots

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

For now, the new tool will be available only for Windows Vista or more, but nothing excludes I could make a compatibility version for XP

EDIT: I forgot to say that the NE 2.01 setup will be totally replaced by the tool, so the register-system will not be modified. Anyone will able to make his own installer for any mod, but it won't be easy for non-expert users.
Hotfix 7.1 has been included natively, but there won't be the "Bonus", if someone wants to include that, will have to do it manually.
Da Bozz
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm currently working on a MSI package which includes some of the features your program also has, but I think what your abilities could be very useful for us.
Can I contact you via Skype or MSN? I have some suggestions for a few really nice features.
R0gerBlack
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject:

This is much more, I've just configured it to install NE. It can be configured to install anymod, a backup and an uninstallation (no CRC problems) without being modified. Also the "NE 2.01" in the first button (see first screen).
Da Bozz
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject:

R0gerBlack wrote:
This is much more, I've just configured it to install NE. It can be configured to install anymod, a backup and an uninstallation (no CRC problems) without being modified. Also the "NE 2.01" in the first button (see first screen).

So, did you code it yourself?
R0gerBlack
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Da Bozz wrote:
R0gerBlack wrote:

yes, everything coded by myself, and a dynamic system (much more difficult than a normal setup) which permitts to install any mod.
Da Bozz
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject:

R0gerBlack wrote:
Da Bozz wrote:
R0gerBlack wrote:

yes, everything coded by myself, and a dynamic system (much more difficult than a normal setup) which permitts to install any mod.

Sounds cool, but however, can I contact you via Skype or MSN?
R0gerBlack
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Skype contact: r0gerblack

I'd like to send you it in a private message, but the Private messages don't work (it's the second time I try to send them).

I use MSN too (ruggiero_altini@hotmail.it) but I'm not active there (in the mailbox I'm active).
Da Bozz
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject:

R0gerBlack wrote:
Skype contact: r0gerblack

I'd like to send you it in a private message, but the Private messages work (it's the second time I try to send them).

I use MSN too (ruggiero_altini@hotmail.it) but I'm not active there (in the mailbox I'm active).

Got it, thanks.
R0gerBlack
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject:

INFO: The button "Load an .exe file" (screenshot 2 & 3) has been removed due to possible conflict issues between more mods. It will be possible to install infinity mods anyway, with total backup or not, but it must be done by the installation files of the tool and not external executable files.

NE works as well, I tested it and it works.
ms = milliseconds

Install time: 148 ms Arrow 0 seconds
Run time (retard of run time): 857 ms Arrow 0,86 seconds (only when is runned a mod)
Uninstallation time: 35 ms Arrow 0 seconds

Converted in seconds: 0s; 0,86s; 0s

It's much faster than official setup and more efficient. Seen it can install anymod, also the new NE (but I will have to configure it, although the AoE Installation Tool 2.0 will not be modified to do it).

Now I want to listen if someone can say it's useless.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject:

R0gerBlack wrote:
For now, the new tool will be available only for Windows Vista or more, but nothing excludes I could make a compatibility version for XP

PLEASE MAKE ONE! or you will be found and eaten by cannibals at 5:00 in the morning on july 2nd.
lol
dude, PLZ make one for xp....

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1