Is the Age of Empires series dead?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

But you'd need to somehow approach the matter. No matter what the solution was it wouldn't be correct, either politically or historically. WW2-oriented games in which you choose factions are always prone to that.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Pawalec wrote:
Having said that, I don't consider AoE Online nor Castle Siege real AoE games. They are parasitic spin-offs made only for money and have noting to do with true RTS gaming.
Agreed.

I don't think a new AoE game would have to, or rather should, incorporate modern warefare. It's so different that you'd have to turn it into another type of game for it to make sense.

On the other hand, some of the games of the series are now so old that it could be worth a proper remake, as opposed to some "HD-remake". It's still such a huge and well-known brand that it probably could make financial sense. For instance I liked the addition of the HC in AoE III. It would be fun to have a game set in an earlier era with a similar concept.

But, there is that risk of making people upset because it isn't the exact same as the old game, so it's lost it's feeling.

Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Well, who would have guessed that?

http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-mythology-expansion-tale-of-the-dragon-announced/
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I just think it goes to prove that the Age of Empires franchise still has money left in it.

I think they'd have no trouble at all selling really well if they made a new "proper" one instead of trying to milk old titles with new content and creating lame light-version spin-offs.

On the other hand I suppose it is kind of nice to see that such an old game can be supported and resuscitated.

*edit* The links below the article to "other items you may be interested in" throws an interesting light upon the audience... Rolling Eyes How stereotypical.
Exclamation There is some skin Exclamation Spoiler:

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11