campaign like in dow dc

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brozzo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: campaign like in dow dc

in dawn of war dark crusade you have a land where you fightn with other eneimise to own the whole land wouldn't this a idea for napoleonic-era
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Crusades: Finished if I remember correctly in ~1300
Napoleonic Era: 1799-1815

So crusades are out of date.
Some good campaigns would be the Napoleon's campaign to Egypt-Syria, The French Revolution, The Napoleon's campaign in Europe (As last scenario the Battle of Waterloo Mr. Green )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ESO
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:

dawn of war: the dark crusade =/= the crusades

it has a non linear campaign where you and the other players start with one territor and have to conquer all the other territories in the normal rts mode betwen the battles you can get reinforcements and select a nect territory to attack.

i like the concept tho i doubt it will be possible to mod Sad
Brozzo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject:

i ment with this that you have a map with parted ereas for example bavaria the prussians denmark, france, spain norway,sweden russia and and there may be around 5 or 6 or it doesn't matter how many different peoples ther are and you have ont territory and to conwuer all f the others, like caputt said laso every country has got a castle in one territory which is very difficult to conquer, maybe we could make this campaign for america or for europe if you explain to me how to mod i would like to help you
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Click here to start with the basic of modding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ESO
Walker
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, it depends, as I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

If you mean something like Rome: Total War or BFME, then it's obviouslly impossible.

However if all you want is a normal in game map but that actually represents a real world territory (like AoK), with some extra features to give a "conquer" feeling (very large size, preset buildings, some kind of border marks, etc.) then it's possible to a certain point. We don't have anything like this planned though, so then share your own ideas with us! Wink

ESO - Walker
Brozzo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

i don't think we need new maps i only ment a new way of a campaign
at first you see a map of america for example which is divided in different
areas the normal amps of aoe II and TWC at first you have one part of america which is yours for example alaska from there you have to conquer all the other areas to own at the end the whole amrican continent
in this campaign. you play it in a turn mode so you have a turn to conquer one territory and after that you have to wait until the others cpus have made their turn where they also can attack on country if the attack one of your lands you wll have the chance to o defeat them or you will let check the computer who will win
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject:

the idea is good and it would fit to the "colonisation" but I'm shure Walker is right when he sais:
Quote:
If you mean something like Rome: Total War or BFME, then it's obviouslly impossible.

Sad
Mr_Ma_Mo
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Brozzo wrote:
after that you have to wait until the others cpus have made their turn where they also can attack on country if the attack one of your lands you wll have the chance to o defeat them or you will let check the computer who will win

This wouldn't be mapdesign (or campaigndesign); it would be gamedesign.
Quote:
wait until the others cpus have made their turn

How do you want to teach a "cpu" choosing maps?
Such things must be programmed in the deepest viscera of a game. Neutral
Chevauxleger
Chevauxleger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I know what your trying to get at, I have BFME and its almost like playing online RISK. Although this sounds like something beyond modding, maybe there could be a "super" map (like Walker suggested). There could be a big central "City" with Factorys, banks, barrack, foundry, and a small trade route within the city with trade posts allready established. On the outskirts of the "super" map could be several scattered villages that have farms and plantations with many villagers that are worth 0 pop (since every civ has a limit of 99 villagers). Every army starts off with a small fort base that recieves a constant stream of crates at a slow and steady pace (it allows for immediate military expansion until a player gets further in the game, where the crates become unimportant. A player wins when he/she captures every base(2 Central cities, and the six outer villages). I have no idea how this could even be modded, but I have always seen this in BFME, AoeII, CoH, etc. The awsome thing would be if the the cities could have the Captiols named after a famous city like St. Petersburg, and the land could be snowy. The buildings can't be destroyed while the "monument" that has to be captured would be the Capitol.Once it is captured, all the building of that city would belong to a certain civ. Villages could have Town centers instead of Capitols, and villagers can't build any thing, or mayeb they can I dont knoe it would have to be your call NE. Confused

http://www.zombo.com/
Mr_Ma_Mo
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

BazzBrother's last suggestion sounds very good and also realizable. thumbs up!
Either you capture a town by building an tradepost on a socket on the central place or it could be an extended version of "king of the hill"-mode so that you have to hold the military superiority at the central place.
The only problem would be making the buildings invulnerable and useable at the same time. If the buildings would be owned by an inactive and with everyone allied player, they would invulnerable but you would not be able to use them. If the buildings belong to the current player owning the town, he would be able to use them, but the enemy would attack them.
Maybe there is a trigger, which sets the building's hitpoints on infinite, but I don't know.
If there is a solution for the invulnerability-problem making this map shouldn't be too difficult.

//edit: I think there doesn't even have to be many big cities, which real exist. Four anonymous towns (one in every direction) around a middle lake would be also fun.
It would be supremacy taken literally Mr. Green .
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

A supermap would require a lot more RAM. It would still be pretty awesome.
As you mentioned, the towns would have to be kept from being destroyed somehow.
IDEA! They can be run by AI at first, they might resist you with AI military, but if you defeat their town militia, your infantry can build some kind of embassy or Military encampment on a socket located near the center of the town.
From there, it would be like a trade post, but it would offer military and economic benefits.
After you have controlled the city for a certain period, you could have some tech like "apply for citizenship" where the town then becomes yours. The (possible) villagers that live in the town would not take up any pop slots, but they would gather more slowly and can have a limit of, say, 10 or 15.
Brozzo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:

http://www.obengware.com/game/dawnofwar-darkcrusade/dawnofwar-darkcrusade7.jpg
this showss a land which is divided in diferent parts every part is owned by one group for example prussians, you start in one part and have to conquer all th rest and you get special bonuses at every land you own
Page 1 of 1