Switching AI opponents

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mardy
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Switching AI opponents

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my second topic in 1 day. But I thought that it would be good to create a new one, because this is not the same problem. I love the mod and I tried to switch the AI opponents I can choose according to the FAQ. I failed unfortunately.

What I'm trying to do is basically to switch civilizations so I can play against an AI Dutch, Spain, Portugal, etc. However, I know I need to switch files for that. But when I follow the tutorial, all I get is the original civilizations show up, like the Sioux and the Aztecs, instead of the new civilizations like Swedish.

Can anybody help me to switch this in a good way. I did try the entire FAQ page but it failed unfortunately.

A second question: Is it possible to switch any civ with another? If that's the case. I would like to switch the 3 Asian civilizations with 3 others like the Dutch and the Spanish.

Thanks in advance,
Mardy
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Of course we'll try to help you sort this out. I know that what I wrote in the FAQ works though, so our objective is to try and find out where it went wrong for you Smile

If you've succeeded the Sioux shouldn't show up, instead you should have the Germans. Of course, if you really wanted the Sioux rather than the Germans that would be possible too.

So, if we were to begin this troubleshooting: did you follow method 1 or 2 in the FAQ?

Quote:
A second question: Is it possible to switch any civ with another? If that's the case. I would like to switch the 3 Asian civilizations with 3 others like the Dutch and the Spanish.
No, they are only interchangeable as described in the "key" in the FAQ thread. You can't swap the Japanese for the Ottomans, for instance.

Mardy
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reply,

I used the first method (the one with a back-up of the original game)
In this case I moved the exact same files as in the tutorial. However instead of the following list:

British
Spanish
Dutch
Russians
Indians
Chinese
Japanese
Iroquois
Aztecs
Portuguese
Germans - Works good with cool new units and stuff
Prussians - Works good
Swedes - Works good
French - Don't work very well

However, instead of by example the Swedes, Suleiman showed up, etc. Also the Sioux where there. Something must went wrong for sure.

This is actually not the list I would like to have. And with your explanation of the "key" thingies. I know what can be changed. But I am wondering a few things. This should be the thing:

Napoleon - France
Elizabeth - USA
Frederick - Prussia
Henry - Italy
Isabella - Austria
Ivan - Poland
Sulieman - Sweden
William - Switzerland
Crazyhorse - Germany

If I understand this right. The Sioux can be swapped with Germany. The Dutch with Switzerland, etc. However, in my original NE game it shows the USA and the British factions, same goes for the Russia and Poland faction.

I am a little bit confused by this right now. If you can give me a small explanation about which factions can be swapped. I can give a little list of the factions I would like to have, and try to get it working. Smile

Thanks for your help (in advance),
Mardy
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for being away.

That's interesting - I never thought of that when I made the list. It appears as though the list is incomplete. It must mean the swap isn't straight. Much like the Germans have been transfered to the sioux (to give the German .personality to the Prussians), the British and the Russians have been transferred to two other personalities. I'm guessing the Aztec and Iroquois.

So, if you move those two from the AI3 folder in the AoE III folder in which you have NE installed to the AI3 folder in the Napoleonic Era Beta 2 folder in My Games you shouldn't have the native americans, but their respective replacements (the British and the Russians). I've got to test to see what happens myself, if not else to complete that list in the FAQ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1