NE doesn't work

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st3y3r
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: NE doesn't work

Hello experts,
I'm exausted trying to find a way to run NE.
I've all pre requisites to install NE, but it doesn't work. The issue is really similar from another user which has posted around of two months ago here.
It's the following:

I installed Age III, WC, and AD. I updated AD to 1.3. All works fine.
I downloaded NE and ran AoE Installation Tool with admin permissions.
I clicked on "Install game (AoE expansions)." It made a copy of the original directory.
I installed NE Setup
I clicked "Install hotfix (NE)" and it ran in about a second.
I clicked "Run Game" and had the choice between AD and NE. I chose NE.
An NE splash came up, then an NE background with the spinning coin...
And then I was in AD. No NE anywhere. It have no new civilizations, new scenarios, nothing new, it's AD running not NE.

The workaround used for this user was try to use the "Classic Method". I really don't see reason for it works, the problem seems to be related with patcher, which is the same on both methods, however, I did it. I've copied and pasted the folder manually and did the steps of classic method, but even so it doesn't worked.
Somebody know what to do in this case?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I know this will sound silly, but are you absolutely sure?

In the past, you see, the problem has been that the default home citiy shown is Edo, so people assume that they are playing the Asian Dynasties when in fact they are not. There are no new campaign, so that should just be disabled. Can you play the Asian Dynasties campaign?

Have you gone in to "create a home city" and "select a home city" to see if there are any new home cities in there?

Because by the sound of it you've done everything properly, and we know that if you have everything should work. The installer has been the same for ages and must by now successfully have completed tens of thousands of installations, so it does work.

So if it doesn't work... I don't know. I can't see where you've gone wrong. Confused

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure you have a clean install of AoE?
Did you delete any content that could remain after the installation (i.e. in the Documents folder) This messed stuff up for me, when I had the Update Pack installed before installing NE.
DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject:

Yes, reinstall the game and try to not use the installation tool (maybe this is the problem) read here how to manaually create a backup of your game

http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1739#96507

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

cennsor
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject:

i'm having more or less the same problem.

i reinstalled AoC after a while, on the same pc where i used to play NE before (always worked perfectly).

after installing the game with both expansions (and updating it to the latest version), i tried installing NE 2.01, first using the installer and on a second attempt manually (in between the two attempts i first uninstalled NE, then the game, and reinstalled the game of course).

both times i got the same problem: the game starts fine (with NE's loading screen and music) but i only have access to some (not even all) of the old civs. so it's as if installing/adding NE only got rid of some of the old civs without adding anything new.

i also checked the "my games" folders, and everything appeared to be fine there, i mean, no remnants of older installations or such.

any idea what the problem could be?
_Chimera_
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject:

I have had a similar problem to St3y3r,

Updated and downloaded NE
I opened the file in downloads (2.01) and opened- that got the automatic installer running.
Followed all steps then followed instructions for the hotfix (manual file placement)
Started playing:
- coin spinning/NE background correct before mainscreen; mainscreen felt very similar to AD but with new music (is that meant to be?)
- able to access maps on custom games BUT no AI worked at all and could not build on any of the new native sites, only those right by trade routes and those became trading posts.
- Could not access any new civs at all, all civs I rtied (french, germans, dutch) almost completely unchanged except for France that had some extra buildings, techs and units
- Many of France's special units (sapper etc) had an animation that made them constantly fall over and die (but lose no health)
-Could create some new HCs- AD civs, Brits, French, Germans and russians I think. but not many of the old ones and certainly no new ones.

Did I install wrong? Any ideas?
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Hrmph, sure seems like you haven't deleted something properly. Do you have a registry cleaner? If so, did you run it on AoE (+NE) after uninstall?

Some civs has been removed from creating a new civ. That you can't create the new civs is a bit more bothering, though..

Do you have TWC? It can cause model problems.

Anyway, I'd suggest you uninstall everything and check your My Games folder for any AoE related content. Remove it before reinstalling anyhting.
_Chimera_
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject:

No, clean install first mod for it.
I do have TWC, yes.
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject:

And... what update did you have for TAD? 1.02+?
_Chimera_
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I can only assume the latest... Ill just check.

I think 1.12
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, the easy way would be to just uninstall everything, remove all files, install it again, patch TAD and then install NE. With the manual installer.
Hoorah
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: dito

dito.same here as sty3r3.i did everything as its recommended to be but i when i try to play it it goes back to TAD with some civis mising.can anyon help.is it a problem with playing without a real cd,cuz i play in a laptop and i use poweriso to mount the asiandynasties
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1