Hotkeys

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alaron
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Hotkeys

Hi, I recently downloaded and installed the Napoleonic Era Mod for Mac, and I noticed that all of the new units and buildings don't have hotkeys. I did manage to create some hotkeys for essentials like vills and a few units, but there are some units and buildings that I just cannot figure out how to create hotkeys for.

I was wondering if anybody had invested any time in creating a hotkey file for this mod, and if so, where I could get one?

Thanks.

- Alaron
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject:

Certainly not all, but I'm sure some hotkeys were added. That is, of course, no excuse. How many units did you check? I mean, do you play with all civs to be able to check all units and buildings on hotkeys?

If you do so, would you be able to make a list with units that are missing hotkeys? That'd save me some important time and I'm chronically overload with work. So, if you want to get this fixed, it might be in your interest to help me out there. Cool

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Alaron
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I have not not tried every civ and every unit yet, but with certain civs (Prussia, for example), I haven't been able to figure out how to get their units to train from their new versions of the buildings.

However, I would certainly be willing to create this list and possibly even help with creating the hotkeys.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested in having working hotkeys as I want NE to be well playable online as well. The main issue I'm having with that (and the main reason why hotkeys have had a low priority) is the fact that most civs aren't finished yet as I've constantly been working on restructuring (partially even 'resetting') them. Current stuff might be kicked and new stuff would be added.

If you discover though that there'd be plenty of objects without hotkeys, it'd still be a good thing if you would do that list. Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1