Bug or...

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Bug or...

Sometimes happens that while playing with an ally arrives to my city some cards of him. For example I was playing with Germans as ally and I found at my homecity 4 settlers wagon.

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Erm... Sorry? Do you get your allies' troops?
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject:

There are some cards that give a team bonus, IIRC they have a green frame. you might want to check the Ais deck for a card "Team - 4 Settlerwagons"

You probably also have some, watch out their bonus normally is significantly smaller than white player only cards. same goes for blue repeatable cards
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Yups. That's a quite useful thing to know lol

If you're playing a team game and get along well with you team mates - meaning online especially - team cards can be valuable even though they give a smaller bonus. In singleplayer they stink.

DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I was playing offline. Maybe Ca Putt has right, it's a team card. I'm going to check German's deck...

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject:

The Ai's stupid as hell, especially at choosing HC cards. Most of the times it's just unit shipments.

Online these things are great, in a 4vs4 all of them are somewhat mandatory^^. Unless you're playing NR40+ then the repeatables have the edge. In a normal <30min game 1v1 both are just weak compared to their regular equivalents.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject:

DarkMantis wrote:
I was playing offline. Maybe Ca Putt has right, it's a team card. I'm going to check German's deck...
He's not "maybe" right, he's certainly right Mr. Green

Quote:
The Ai's stupid as hell, especially at choosing HC cards. Most of the times it's just unit shipments.
Does it even "choose" HC cards? To me it's always looked like it just follows a standardised pattern.

Quote:
Online these things are great, in a 4vs4 all of them are somewhat mandatory^^. Unless you're playing NR40+ then the repeatables have the edge.
Depends on the card. Team gathering bonuses can be very useful in long running games. Certainly more so than 30 extra Tupis every now and then.

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject:

hmm, I'm not quite sure. I think there is some rather simple algorythm to it. All I know is that it always takes the basic AND the higher level Troop(aka shipments that ship the same unit in the same age but 1 or two more) shipment, for maximum spam.

Quote:
Depends on the card. Team gathering bonuses can be very useful in long running games. Certainly more so than 30 extra Tupis every now and then.
yeah offcource, Eco boni and statboni are indeed the mainstray of any NR40+ deck, however I'd always include at least one repeatable card.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think there is some rather simple algorythm to it. All I know is that it always takes the basic AND the higher level Troop(aka shipments that ship the same unit in the same age but 1 or two more) shipment, for maximum spam.
Well if there is, the man who wrote it oughtn't want to take credit for it. As you say, double shipment cards. Retaining of worthless level 10 cards. Predictable choices. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
yeah offcource, Eco boni and statboni are indeed the mainstray of any NR40+ deck, however I'd always include at least one repeatable card.
I would most of the time. Certainly if I had an "extra" slot, and especially with some civs. Wth others however, like the Germans, there isn't much point to it, because the match seldom lasts long enough for you to have time to send it because of their slow XP trickle.

DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject:

I just checked Germans' deck and there is only one card of settlerwagons that can be send unlimited times, but it's not a team card lol

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject:

There are very few cards that are both unlimited and team cards, though I think there are one or two Confused

I don't think they sent you settler wagons more than once.

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject:

look for team cards, not repeatables -.-

(aka the green ones)
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
There are very few cards that are both unlimited and team cards, though I think there are one or two Confused

The only ones I've seen with that was mercs with a build limit, as well as Japanese stuff (I think)
DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject:

in german's deck there aren't team cards, becouse when I created their deck I didn't add any team cards, AI should use the deck that I have created right?

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Well

NO

The AI makes it's own decks, which is what SAOL and I were discussing.

And there indeed IS a "Team 2 Settlerwagons"-card in unmodded Aoe3(i think they added it with TWC.
http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/German_Home_City_Cards
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Harkimo wrote:
SAOL wrote:

The only ones I've seen with that was mercs with a build limit, as well as Japanese stuff (I think)
Just what I said: "very few". I think some civ has an infinite team resource shipment of some kind as well.

Quote:
http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/German_Home_City_Cards
Interesting that it says "every single home city card of the Germans". It certainly doesn't look like it to me. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1