Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: NE 2.1.5

Hey there!

Since the installer for NE 2.2 is not done yet, we decided to release at least the files without an installer. It's a simple rar-archive and yet only available for PC users.

Mind that this version is only a temporary solution until an installer (NE 2.2) will be available. In terms of content NE 2.1.5 and NE 2.2 will probably be equal, just the installer will make the difference. In fact, it's an all-in-one archive as opposed to the three single ones that have been released separately.

You need to install two folders manually, so if you're no good with that, better wait for an installer. Wink

Download NE 2.1.5
(rar archive, 68 MB)

Contains:
  • NE 2.01
  • NE AI Fix 4.0.1b*
  • NE Hotfix 7.1

*Unlike the AI Fix, this version will not turn your game's language into English.

While I checked these files on functionality, there's always the possibility that either I didn't consider something or that you might mess up your game. If you encounter any problems with this version, please report them here!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Devil

That's what I call a solution!

Killer30411
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Excuse me, but what are the changes in this version?
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject:

It's just a formal re-release. The NE 2.01 installer doesn't work in a satisfying way and we're working on a new one. Apart from that the two available fixes for NE 2.01 haven't been included into the official version and thus had to be downloaded and installed separately in the past. This is no longer necessary.

So, if you compare the last official standalone release 2.01 with this one, then the AI has improved and tons of bugs have been fixed due to the honorable work of motter28128, kangcliff and Yomgui.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
kangcliff
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
It's just a formal re-release. The NE 2.01 installer doesn't work in a satisfying way and we're working on a new one. Apart from that the two available fixes for NE 2.01 haven't been included into the official version and thus had to be downloaded and installed separately in the past. This is no longer necessary.

So, if you compare the last official standalone release 2.01 with this one, then the AI has improved and tons of bugs have been fixed due to the honorable work of motter28128, kangcliff and Yomgui.

This is a good news for NE online players!Besides,I am still fixing some bugs in the AI,maybe I will release a new one in these days.
DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject:

Hi, I have one question. At the beginning my game was in Italian, after with the many patches released turned into English. Now if I install this new version of NE my game will turn in Italian again? Thanks

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't think so, no, as this new release simply is an aggregate of NE and separately released patches.

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject:

DarkMantis wrote:
Hi, I have one question. At the beginning my game was in Italian, after with the many patches released turned into English. Now if I install this new version of NE my game will turn in Italian again? Thanks

If you installed a patch by motter28128 (and kangcliff incorporated his work), then no. The reason for that is, that this patch (accidentally?) contained an English language file that overwrote your Italian one. What you could do is (1) try to download the latest Italian TAD patch from the official site and install it manually to an empty folder and grab the Italian language file or (2) ask another Italian player to send you his language file.

That language file can be found in the main directory of AoE3 in the "data" folder. To get it right, you should get two files:
  • stringtabley.xml
  • stringtabley.xml.xmb

DarkMantis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Understood. Thank you thumbs up!

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

Golden Dragon
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject:

I downloaded NE 2.1.5 and well it's a great mod I must say but there is a problem I can't age up to Imperial age in the Deathmatch homecities created for most of the European civs. No Icon of Imperial age is shown in the TC's after I reach Industrial age but this only happens for the Deathmatch HC's.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
No Icon of Imperial age is shown in the TC's after I reach Industrial age but this only happens for the Deathmatch HC's.

That's because Deathmatch only goes to Industrial, unless you start the game in Imperial or Post-Imperial. There's no Imperial in Deathmatch because Industrial already includes Royal Guard upgrades making imperial pretty much the same, just 50% more Damage and HP for units (pointless IMO)

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
Golden Dragon
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks Ande5
Serebro
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: MAC

Fast question, the 2.1.5/2.2 will be available for download on MAC soon as well? Smile
Thanks.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MAC

Serebro wrote:
Fast question, the 2.1.5/2.2 will be available for download on MAC soon as well? Smile
Thanks.

I don't have a Mac and I haven't had the time to get into emulation or conversion software yet. But we will make it happen for sure (with more experienced people than me). If it won't be NE 2.1.5 or NE 2.2, at least the last release for NE 2 will have a mac version too.

kangcliff
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MAC

Serebro wrote:
Thanks.

Just drag the files in Age of Empires III.app\Contents\Resources\GameData\
It works for me Smile
Serebro
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: MAC

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Serebro wrote:
Thanks.

I don't have a Mac and I haven't had the time to get into emulation or conversion software yet. But we will make it happen for sure (with more experienced people than me). If it won't be NE 2.1.5 or NE 2.2, at least the last release for NE 2 will have a mac version too.

Great information to know! It is all good, you all must be busy as it is. A final mac version would be good. Thanking you for the reply Smile Look forward to the day!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4