CRC Mismatch 2.1.5

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: CRC Mismatch 2.1.5

Hey, new here. Just wondering. My friend and I both installed 2.1.5 as the instructions say. We decided to try out the new patch offline, seems to be working fine. However, when we go online and try to join each other for a game, CRC mismatch appears. Turns out my friend has the maps Railroad, Indonesia, Japan, Black Forest and Vinland, and I don't. (I am not sure if this is the cause, highly doubt it)
Now we've installed 2.1.5 together following the instructions precisely.
Have I (or has he) done something wrong? Do I (or does he) need to re-install 2.1.5 (or NE all together)? Are those maps even meant to be released? (as I've read on some Forums that they aren't out yet, but they may have been out-dated)

Cheers for all the upcoming help Smile
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Did you copy the "Napoleonic Era Beta 2" to My Documents/My Games/ ... ?

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Hello and welcome to the forums. Smile

A CRC mismatch typically means that you somehow have conflicting, different versions, of the game. Custom maps are as you say usually not the issue. The fact that you have a different set of maps may however be an indication; you may at some point (before or during the installation of 2.1.5) have done something differently, perhaps to the extent that you get a mismatch. It's not possible to be more precise than that.

The solution would be to ensure you have identical versions, which in the extreme case could require a complete re-installation. Could you play online before you installed 2.1.5?

As for the maps: they can be found in the folder "Lost RM", which is a sub-folder to the "Bonus" folder if you download the hotfix separately - perhaps your friend had previously installed them and you not. For some reason it appears they aren't in 2.1.5. You can still add them if you want, by snatching them from said folder. Wink

Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Yes I did, as well as my friend. We both followed the included instructions to the fullest.

Quote:
The solution would be to ensure you have identical versions, which in the extreme case could require a complete re-installation. Could you play online before you installed 2.1.5?

Yes, we were able to play NE online prior to 2.1.5 release, the CRC has only occurred post-2.1.5 installation.

I'll reinstall with my friend again tomorrow (NE and all) and see if we still get the same problem. Thanks for your help so far Smile . It really is greatly appreciated.

Also, is this topic in the right place? Apologies if it isn't. >.< -.- Neutral

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Thanks for your help so far Smile . It really is greatly appreciated.
I live to feast on your blood!

No, wait. That's "you're welcome, I hope it works out" I mean. Confused

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Ande59 wrote:
Quote:

Yes I did, as well as my friend. We both followed the included instructions to the fullest.

Okay, I'm just asking, because I've often experienced that no matter how precise one writes the installation instructions, there'll always be people who misinterpret or overread it. Wink

Quote:
Yes, we were able to play NE online prior to 2.1.5 release, the CRC has only occurred post-2.1.5 installation.

So all of you had NE 2.01 installed before?

Quote:
I'll reinstall with my friend again tomorrow (NE and all) and see if we still get the same problem. Thanks for your help so far Smile . It really is greatly appreciated.

That'd be good. Please report also back if you succeeded in getting it work.

As SAOL correctly pointed out, someone either did a mistake at installation or there must have been differences already prior to installation. The 2.1.5 files are for everyone the same.

Quote:
Also, is this topic in the right place? Apologies if it isn't. >.< -.- Neutral

It actually isn't as your post is no suggestion in any way. Hence I moved it. Wink

Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I live to feast on your blood!

No, wait. That's "you're welcome, I hope it works out" I mean.

*nods to show he understands*
*slowly turns around*
*runs away*

Quote:

It actually isn't as your post is no suggestion in any way. Hence I moved it

Yeah, apologies once again. I saw "Found a bug? Report it here as well." Misinterpreted it I guess.

Anyway, back to the topic...
It works now. Yay!
Or so I thought...

Turns out he (my friend) decided to re-install AOE3 completely and do all the updates before re-installing NE again even though we've already established that we were able to join each other prior to this problem. We go online and attempt to join each other. We were successful.

HOWEVER.

My friend's computer shut down AOE3 automatically saying there was a problem AOE3 and windows needs to close it (as well as some other ramblings window's put up like error [insert numbers and letters here]) we searched up the numbers and letters, realized it was completely irrelevant to what we were trying to do and tried to connect again. C.R.C. MISMATCH.

It's kind of frustrating me as this mod is... (no other way to put it) Godlike. It is the greatest thing that has happened to Age of Empires 3 since Age of Empires 3 itself. (not exaggerating, again it's my opinion. Don't judge me) We are both on the verge of tears ( Crying or Very sad ) of not being able to play the game. Any suggestions? Re-install again for a third time charm (which my friend is convinced of doing) or any other options?

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
My friend's computer shut down AOE3 automatically saying there was a problem AOE3 and windows needs to close it (as well as some other ramblings window's put up like error [insert numbers and letters here]) we searched up the numbers and letters, realized it was completely irrelevant to what we were trying to do and tried to connect again. C.R.C. MISMATCH.
Wow. I've never heard about that before. Confused

How far did you get before your friend's computer crashed? Were you able to start the game or not?

Quote:
Any suggestions? Re-install again for a third time charm (which my friend is convinced of doing) or any other options?
Well, it's a nice thing that computers are so fast nowadays that installing games like AoE doesn't take half a day...

Quote:
*nods to show he understands*
*slowly turns around*
*runs away*
Don't you worry, Ca Putt will keep you safe lol

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Ande59 wrote:

Anyway, back to the topic...
It works now. Yay!

What exactly worked or made you think that it worked? That'd be good to know!

Quote:
Turns out he (my friend) decided to re-install AOE3 completely and do all the updates before re-installing NE again even though we've already established that we were able to join each other prior to this problem. We go online and attempt to join each other. We were successful.

So, for clarification: You and your friend actually managed to play an 2.1.5 match together?

Quote:

That really can be anything. But it'd still be good to know the exact error message. If he can reproduce the error, please let us know the message. Most error messages are too generic to really tell what the cause is. So, it can still be directed to AoE3.

Quote:
It's kind of frustrating me as this mod is... (no other way to put it) Godlike. It is the greatest thing that has happened to Age of Empires 3 since Age of Empires 3 itself. (not exaggerating, again it's my opinion. Don't judge me) We are both on the verge of tears ( Crying or Very sad ) of not being able to play the game. Any suggestions? Re-install again for a third time charm (which my friend is convinced of doing) or any other options?

Since both of you already re-installed everything once, I don't know if another reinstallation would really fix it. Once again, CRC mismatch is caused by two people having different versions of files. Before you reinstalled AoE3, you first uninstalled it. Did you check though if files were left over after uninstallation? Apart from that, I can't stop assuming one step in your installation has gone wrong.

If you could create your personal order of how you install AoE3, patch it and install NE while mentioning each path in detail, that would provide a better insight into what you really do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1