Modding Southeast Asian
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Modding Southeast Asian

Hey, I have read enough about modding from aoe3 heaven games and this website and I so interested to make some kind of mod. My plan is JUST change the texture and model of Japanese and Chinese and revert them to Indonesian and Malaysian; I fond of them! Please help me, you can suggest anything. Remember, it JUST change the texture (e.g. building), name of unit and flag (e.g. samurai becomes pejuang, or something in malay and Bahasa). I need your support. Mr. Green
General Cornwallis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Hello and welcome to this forum Wink. You should make new RM and new minor civilization.
Hoop Thrower
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Eh, that's feels like a waste of a perfectly good mod. Why don't you make civilizations from the ground up? It'd be much more interesting that way.

I remember we planned a pretty good Indonesian civ some months ago, Aceh Sultanate to be more specific, but never went too far with it due to being busy with other things.
PM Pepp to know more about that proyect.

Quote:
Work hard? No, it is a game rather than a work; interesting rather than hard.

Visit Wotta!
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject:

General Cornwallis wrote:
Hello and welcome to this forum Wink. You should make new RM and new minor civilization.

Well, yeah everything is running inside my head but I don't know where and how to start.
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject:

Hoop Thrower wrote:
Eh, that's feels like a waste of a perfectly good mod. Why don't you make civilizations from the ground up? It'd be much more interesting that way.

I remember we planned a pretty good Indonesian civ some months ago, Aceh Sultanate to be more specific, but never went too far with it due to being busy with other things.
PM Pepp to know more about that proyect.

Pretty much the same! I've planned also about Indonesia, but Mataram Sultanate to be exact and a sultanate in Malaysia (I forget the name). Anyway, honestly I still hard to make such a great mod. Sad
General Cornwallis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject:

Some thing about Mataram:
Spoiler:

Flag:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Sultanate_of_Mataram.svg
    Capital:Kota Gede (near my house, yay!! Mr. Green )
    Languages:Javanese
    Religion:Islam, Kejawen
    Government:Monarchy
    Sultan - 1588–1601Senopati;1677–1681Pakubuwono I

Next time you want to add something you forgot to write, try to use the edit button Wink .
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Spoiler:

Next time you want to add something you forgot to write, try to use the edit button Wink .

Thanks. Anyway, are you Indonesian? Well sounds good then
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Next time you want to add something you forgot to write, try to use the edit button
Correct!
It seems you're catching up nicely.

carry on Smile
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Oh yes, it's Johor Sultanate, founded in 1528, conquered most of Malaysia and Malacca.
General Cornwallis
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Masali wrote:
Spoiler:

No, i'm right BEHIND YOU Devil .
lol Hammer
Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Masali wrote:
Spoiler:

No, i'm right BEHIND YOU Devil .
lol Hammer

Ah I see. So which file should I modify to change the texture of those Japanese and Chinese units? Anyone, please?
Pepp
Young Guard
Young Guard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:

Hi there, my name is Pepp. I am Indonesian (live in Malang, East Java, Indonesia - pure Javanese/or maybe with some blend of Chinese and Dutch), if you want to know.

I've done an outline (actually a whole draft) of my Indonesian-Malaysian Mod. I see that you have an interest in Indonesia and Malaysia too, which is quite rare here.

The problem is that I might not be able to work with you. I am an authoritarian person, so I will do my mod based on what I have decided, no discussion needed anymore.

The second problem is I am not so sure what you want to do actually, and to be more clear, my mod centered on Diponegoro War, with the Netherlands' side of view (Indonesian nationalist will hate this, haha).

The third problem is I am a third grader in a Senior High School, you know what that means.

Sincerely,
Pepp

Masali
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject:

Pepp wrote:
Hi there, my name is Pepp. I am Indonesian (live in Malang, East Java, Indonesia - pure Javanese/or maybe with some blend of Chinese and Dutch), if you want to know.

I'm pure Javanese too, Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat.

Pepp wrote:
I've done an outline (actually a whole draft) of my Indonesian-Malaysian Mod. I see that you have an interest in Indonesia and Malaysia too, which is quite rare here.

Because it seems that we--Indonesian--need to be included, although NE will ignore this idea but Dutch-Indies at that time was a powerful country supporting all economy power for Netherland.

Pepp wrote:
The problem is that I might not be able to work with you. I am an authoritarian person, so I will do my mod based on what I have decided, no discussion needed anymore.

Not a problem at all! Just make yours and we'll see.

Pepp wrote:
The second problem is I am not so sure what you want to do actually, and to be more clear, my mod centered on Diponegoro War, with the Netherlands' side of view (Indonesian nationalist will hate this, haha).

1. Because I'm new guy for modding business I'll start for a small project--changing some texture of old units.
2. So you want to be focus on how Dutch measure Diponegoro's ancestors' grave and make their cemetery for Dutch property? That's how they start the war. Okay.

Pepp wrote:
The third problem is I am a third grader in a Senior High School, you know what that means.

Sincerely,
Pepp

Okay, I'm third grader too. National Exam is nightmare for everyone, though. Keep fighting!
JRussell
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
1. Because I'm new guy for modding business I'll start for a small project--changing some texture of old units.

I did this when I started to mod, I remember my first civ, it was basically the dutch using the flag of my city and commieblocks instead of houses. Then I started to make weird and bigger stuff, including the AOK remake I posted here once.
Pepp
Young Guard
Young Guard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So you want to be focus on how Dutch measure Diponegoro's ancestors' grave and make their cemetery for Dutch property? That's how they start the war. Okay.

No, it is how the Dutch protect their nation and their people from a rebel prince. It is how a king with his brave-heart stays loyal to the King of the Netherlands, how a king with a branched-heart helps the King of the Netherlands, and how a king with coward-heart protects his creepy throne from the prince.

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject:

you might want to check this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?402919-Nusantara-Total-War-Version-0-5-(open-beta)-RELEASED

may not be about the same period and Aoe3 ... but It's roughly the same area.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3