A small sign of life

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: A small sign of life

Hey there,

I felt like I had to drop this note since I haven't been posting any updates in the recent past. There are a couple of reasons for the delay: [1] I'm still looking for a job (and doesn't work that well), [2] The majority of team members is currently either occupied with other more pressing matters or experiences a temporary phase of feeling unmotivated (including me), [3] adding new content (such as 3d models or maps) causes extra polishing work and since I feel NE 2.2 wouldn't be as cool without these additions, I prefer to polish and fix these things. And finally [4] the weather is getting better and everyone most of us enjoy going out Wink

Even though no damage was actually done, I want to compensate the time of waiting with two screenshot leaks Wink:

Mysterious Ottoman RG

Mysterious redesigned mercenary

Yours Sincerely,

T

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

As a most sincere and loyal fan I can only say that I continue to cheer you on. Mr. Green

I'm sorry to hear about your employment situation. Hope it works out for you soon.

Also, if it's any extra motivation I promise I will bake an NE-release cake Wink

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

And send it to me with a cake deliverer? Bonus points if he arrives during school hours, so I can brag. Cool

On a more serious note, this looks good though. I hope your economy is staying together, and that you enjoy the spring to your heart's content. [/sentimental]

Also, T, I'll be heading to Munich this summer as a part of my German studies. Got any tips? Anything could be useful to make up for my slightly bad German. lol
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for your kind words and support, it feels particularly good these days.

A release cake you say? Mr. Green Kinda like the idea, in tricolored layers with NE logo or Napoleon portrait on top? lol

Ah Harkimo, whatever you are looking for. Mr. Green Sightseeing, beer advice,German and Bavarian words and phrases.. Just don't make any illusions about significantly profiting from currency exchange, Munich is one of the most expensive German towns. Devil

Btw: If you would like to know any details about NE development (except for the unknown release date of course bwahaha), just ask. Smile

JRussell
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Those updates are always interesting

Nice job, those are deli cav and hessians, right? ^^

Hope you can find a nice job, but also compatible with NE lol
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

Harkimo gets to go to Germany? That's not fair lol

Tilanus wrote:
A release cake you say? Mr. Green Kinda like the idea, in tricolored layers with NE logo or Napoleon portrait on top? lol
No celebration without a cake, I think - I actually drew a few designs when I woke up this morning lol Considering how long this has been in the making it deserves a proper climax. Mr. Green A shame that the hard working team and faithful fans won't get to taste it Devil

I don't think I have the skills to make a convincing Napoleon, but an NE-hat shouldn't be so hard to make. Cocoa powder and grated chocolate for the black, an lemon zest and yellow coloured white chocolate for the gold. But I'm open to suggestions Wink

Quote:
Btw: If you would like to know any details about NE development (except for the unknown release date of course bwahaha), just ask.
Two years ago you were talking a lot about the music. Any new on that?

caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Hey T!
Awesome cav actually! As everybody know, university's spring semester also began already 4 weeks ago , so I've difficulties to find the time needed to do what I said I would do lol Still, I don't forget it and there will be surely time to make it (when? Dunno yet).

Have a nice Sunday (and Saturday night if anyone goes out ) Mr. Green !
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Tubin_Anon1 wrote:
Those updates are always interesting

Nice job, those are deli cav and hessians, right? ^^

Ssshh, don't ruin the guessing game! lol You're from the teeeaaam! haha
But glad you like my designs. Wink

Quote:
Hope you can find a nice job, but also compatible with NE lol

You mean, something like "professional modder"? Mr. Green That'd be awesome... hehe Wink

SAOL wrote:
No celebration without a cake, I think - I actually drew a few designs when I woke up this morning lol Considering how long this has been in the making it deserves a proper climax. Mr. Green A shame that the hard working team and faithful fans won't get to taste it Devil

Ow, I promise I would think of them when I enjoy the cake. Devil

Quote:
Two years ago you were talking a lot about the music. Any new on that?

As I announced in another report, I developed a new motive for a NE3 theme. We're not going to change the NE2 theme though, but may just remaster it. The new playlist we planned for NE3 (so I doubt this is really two years ago) has currently no priority, because NE2 is in the focus again. In principle it'd be easy to just exchange the music, but I want to try to get free recordings instead of having to use commercial recordings without having a permission. Surely mods are still some sort of "underground" thing, but I think that doesn't mean everyone can act irresponsibly.

I've found and listed enough pieces that can make a proper soundtrack. Maybe you remember at any chance the pie chart I used in the announcement, that illustrated the distribution of tracks per classical period.

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus wrote:
You mean, something like "professional modder"? Mr. Green That'd be awesome... hehe
Isn't that what a game developer is, in some sense? Razz In any case getting NE out the door might not be so bad. Your involvement in and subsequent leadership of a mod for the final instalment of a legendary games series, a mod which has attracted tens of thousands of downloads, is a merit worthy of recognition by any standard. Wink

Quote:
Ow, I promise I would think of them when I enjoy the cake.
Yeah, I'm not sending it to Germany just so you can have a taste Devil If you like you can watch me eat it and pretend I'm actually you.

Quote:
I want to try to get free recordings instead of having to use commercial recordings without having a permission. Surely mods are still some sort of "underground" thing, but I think that doesn't mean everyone can act irresponsibly.
Points from me thumbs up!

Page 1 of 1