Annoying texture bug obviously fixed

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Annoying texture bug obviously fixed

Good news!

Even though my not-so-few working hours per week at a German games company provide me only with very little time for modding, a test game yesterday with Swedish, Germans and Prussians proved successful in not showing up any texture bugs!

That bug fix was crucial for NE 2.2, because now we can be sure that all of you will really be able to see the new, implemented graphics throughout the whole game and not just the beginning. Wink

I think it'd have been a pity (and a waste of texture work) if you couldn't enjoy the Swedish Dalkarl Pikemen like this:

Kudos to musketeer925 for giving the final tip. Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Aw. Neutral

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! ^^

And congratulations on the job! Mr. Green

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Are you now producing low-quality simulator games about uninteresting jobs on a shitty engine at full time? Devil

Anyway, congratulations. Can't say I'm not happy to see the Dalkarl in the roster, and as always, hearing about progress is fantastic! Mr. Green
CasualBeta
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject:

Harkimo wrote:
Are you now producing low-quality simulator games about uninteresting jobs on a shitty engine at full time? Devil

Well...all "great" things must start somewhere...

Even if its low-quality...
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Harkimo wrote:

Actually, in terms of simulation games, the company I work at is - compared to others - pretty good. There are way worse ones. Devil I do confess though, they really do not match the standards of modern games.

It doesn't really disturb me though since I primarily see it as a job and not passionate work on personal projects that follow my very own definitions of quality. They got pretty tough deadlines and the profit isn't godlike either, which I guess, are surely two important factors that make their simulation games as suboptimal as they are.

And indeed, there are surely strategic or personal failures too, but I'm clearly not long enough a part of this company to judge about these things with certainity. I just know they could do way better products, when conditions would be better too.

On a final note, I was surprised to see the simulation games market in Germany can be as profitable (those games are far from being steam-sale cheap!). I did know they were not as unsuccessful as the majority may tell, but since simulation games are all about special interest, I considered the market to be smaller and less profitable.

Quote:
Anyway, congratulations. Can't say I'm not happy to see the Dalkarl in the roster, and as always, hearing about progress is fantastic! Mr. Green

There are way more updated designs, but I'm not going to reveal too much Devil

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Damn you! Always piquing my interest. lol

That was a much more exhaustive answer than I expected, I will admit.
anyhcanyhc
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Test group available.

Hey I'm new to posting on here so forgive me if this question is brought up somewhere else. I am part of a growing group (darn near thirty) of players that get together about once a month to play Age 3. We dabbled in NE for a few months but had to revert to Asian Dynasties due to Civ balance issues. I personally really enjoyed the time we spent playing and would like to be able to play it again so I figured I'd see if I can't help in any way. Unfortunately do to my utter lack of programming knowledge, the best I can offer in the way of help at the moment is to let you know we have a decent pool of players who get together regularly who are willing to test and give feedback. I could also potentially start taking donations at our monthly gatherings (no promises on that being a big amount though sadly). So yea. Love the game. We would probably still be playing if people weren't so sick of losing to the Americans. Oh, and record game not working. Maybe both of these things have been fixed by now? It's been a minute since we switched back. Let me know.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Test group available.

anyhcanyhc wrote:
Hey I'm new to posting on here so forgive me if this question is brought up somewhere else. I am part of a growing group (darn near thirty) of players that get together about once a month to play Age 3. We dabbled in NE for a few months but had to revert to Asian Dynasties due to Civ balance issues. I personally really enjoyed the time we spent playing and would like to be able to play it again so I figured I'd see if I can't help in any way. Unfortunately do to my utter lack of programming knowledge, the best I can offer in the way of help at the moment is to let you know we have a decent pool of players who get together regularly who are willing to test and give feedback. I could also potentially start taking donations at our monthly gatherings (no promises on that being a big amount though sadly). So yea. Love the game. We would probably still be playing if people weren't so sick of losing to the Americans. Oh, and record game not working. Maybe both of these things have been fixed by now? It's been a minute since we switched back. Let me know.

Hey anyhcanyhc, your post is indeed in the wrong place Mr. Green (correct place would be this forum), but that doesn't change the fact that I do appreciate your post very much. That is, because I'm pretty aware of the balance issues that NE2 has and because the new NE team is eager to fix the gross of these.

I'm always looking for constructive feedback. So yeah, we'd be very interested to get in touch with you and your group to keep on improving NE. Programming knowledge is not needed at all, in fact, I see it'd be harder to introduce new coders to NE than find a way to effectively receive and pick up feedback by a larger group of volunteer testers. Wink

Since this is a rather wrong place to expand with this talk, I suggest you open a new thread in the linked forum. You may also just send me a private message with some basic information about you and your group (i.e. where we can find you, what sort of players you are, etc.). Smile

Mr Bean
VIP
VIP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Dear Tinatus, I'm very surprised once I saw your skill in NE 2.17.

You have avoid retexture commands and changed texture path for gr2 models!
I just want to know ... how could you, and if there is any chance you could tell me the method.
Page 1 of 1