NE 2.1.6 coming this week!

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: NE 2.1.6 coming this week!

Hey everybody!

I'm coming with good news: The new NE installer with all prior NE patches and new updates will be released this week! After having released NE 2.1.5 last year we actually intended to file the installer very quickly. Now it really doesn't take a genius to see this plan didn't work so well. Wink

In fact, we've followed the idea to deliver some goodies along with the installer a bit too long and serious and also had to interrupt or slow down modding because of work, school or other nasty businesses. Since NE 2.1.5 had to be installed manually, I deeply apologize to all the people who wanted to get it, but were lacking a working installer.

With NE 2.1.6 I think we've found a good compromise now of providing both, some of the promised goodies of NE 2.2 and the actual core feature, the installer. Indeed we won't release all the goodies and updates that were created since last year. So, there's sugar left for NE 2.2! The reason for that is simple: We've been doing so many goodies, that our deadlines for all these little (but numerous) things went a lil out of control and hence it would've been taking too additional much time if we separated all the completed work from every work in progress.

I'll definitely try to cover all the essential news after the NE 2.1.6 release with pics and a new modding reports, so that good ol' NE atmosphere will come back!
Napoleon

--------------------------
For the end of this announcement I thought about bringing back some memories and showing some insights into the upcoming version:

NE Alpine Pass

The glacier got a better texture now, Westphalians were replaced with Bavarians just like Bisons, Mooses, Big horn sheeps were replaced with ibex and deers.

NE Barbary Coast

Now with Barbary Pirates!

NE Finland

A finished finnish map with finnish natives.

NE Nile Flood

New name of the NE classic "Flood of the Nile", that got updated lights and hungry crocodiles.

NE Reservations

Re-included bonus Native american map from the Hotfix 7.1 with updated TWC natives.

These are of course just a few excerpts of the release notes of NE 2.1.6 - there's coming more! Cool

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject:

Holyyyy shiiiiiiit, time to install my AoE again. This is going to be excellent. Mr. Green
RoyalGuard
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: !

Amaaazing
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

What a happy coincidence that I'm supposed to study from home in the coming days Mr. Green

I hereby sprinkle you with a shower of sweet, encouraging and appreciative words Export

Cake is for the big bang, though evil

caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Great! Very excited to test and have fun on it! Smile

p.s. i didnt forget the records, i just have very much to do for university Topmodel
Page 1 of 1