0%  [ 0 ]
other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: NE 2.1.7 announcement & release notes

Hey there folks!

Let's not waste time with chit-chat and get straight to the point what will be new in NE 2.1.7!
I did already announce on our social media channels that it will come this week, now I can tell you that we will release NE 2.1.7 tomorrow on friday - November 14 - for both, PC & Mac. I'm particularly happy for our Mac players, who have been waiting for a new release since NE 2.01. Topmodel Mr. Green

NE 2.1.7 puts an emphasis on rebalancings and bug fixes. Most of the rebalancings are nerfs affecting content that was repeatedly deemed imbalanced by you. So lots of the feedback that we received from you will take action now.

I may already note though that not all civs could receive the same attention and care due to the development time of only one month since NE 2.1.6 (I think that's a new record). Be sure we haven't forgotten about the other civs, it's just that there is still so much room for improvement that we can't do them all at once! Wink

Most prominent features of this release are indeed the new Mac Installer designed by me & Cliff as well as the reworked Germans. If you're more curious about what exactly will be changed, you can already read the release notes now:

»NE 2.1.7 Release Notes«
(opens new tab)

And for anybody who hasn't been reading about the overhaul of the German civ yet, I will feature it here again:

The horribly broken and buggy Germans you used to know just *had* to be reworked and fixed - there was no other way. Mr. Green Since a full list of changes would be a bit too long, I'm just pulling out some key notes and posting this screenshot to get you excited about it!
  • Unsexy Saxon Cavalry has been replaced by the sexy Garde du Corps AKA "The infantry bulldozer" (you'll love it lol ). These new generic cataphract-like units with large splash damage will most likely be given to other civs as well in the fashion of existing late game units such as Swashbucklers or Chevauxlegers (potential candidates would be France, Italy and Prussia).

• Unsexy Katzbalger merged into Hand Cannoneers as Royal Guards, which are now available for Germans. And yes, Hand Cannoneers will also replace the old-fashioned Crossbowmen.

• The greatly missed Saloon has been reactivated!

• The Reichstag now offers 6 „Kreisarmeen“ (German for circle armies) from historically relevant states from within the Holy Roman Empire. These banner armies are containing units that can regularly not be built by Germans, among them of course also German natives and mercenaries. New German HC cards and politicians cover content from further historical German states such as Franconia, Mecklenburg or Brandenburg.

This new "Reichsarmee" system can be used to build large powerful armies or to just complement the regular German troops. It's really all up to you and your choices.

• Rebalancings of mercenary techs, fixes of Cavalry HC cards, reworked HC card dependencies and more. Cool

Looking forward to the release tomorrow! Wink

T

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Exciting news, congrats! Mr. Green
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Oh my sweet lord! Surprised I ought to shower you all with gold.

I can't believe I spent all day yesterday on an idiotic fair and then went home and spent four hours creating a powerpoint and consequently became so tired that I didn't do my daily visit and see this! Sad

I've got to try the new Germans. NOW!

Page 1 of 1