some suggestions, errors and questions
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: some suggestions, errors and questions

Hi everyone! I want to make some suggestions, report bugs, and ask some questions ... this is a lot to put in a comment that's why a create a post.

I think you can balance the game a little more ... I'd appreciate it if you let me know what you think about my suggestions

First of all, the majority of my suggestion are for the IA (either playing against them or as allies). I mean which cards does the IA should always send and wich technologies and improvements dos the IA should always research.

Before I have 4 questions that I want you to answer please:

1.-Can you tell me what cards the IA sends from its metropoli to each civs? Where I can find them and if I can change them?

2.-What techs do the IA develop in the university, does the IA research all of them?

3.-How are the tactics from the university chose for each game?

4.-Either Followers, Settler Wagon, miners, frontiersman, slaves, merchants, architecs, Landwehrs or sanclutoes; all villager-type units; they always get their gathering rates increased when you send a card from the Manufacturing Plant? I mean this cards imrpoves all villager-type units in the same percentage?

Now I will begin with my suggestions and errors that I found Smile
I hope you appreciate my coments.

SWISS

-I read that they were a bonus civ but you can make them a really good and complete civ changing some things a little. They are really dangerous at the first ages but as the game go on and on they lack of population.

-Make sure that the IA develops ALL the techs from the tents that allows to have more followers and also send the FOLLOWER RECRUITMENT card for the same purpose ... so you will have 47 followers top.

-When you have your 47 followers and one of them dies your supplywagons dont create another one, but when another follower dies (you have 45 followers) they instantly star to train 2 more to complete the 47

-a tactic from the university PACIFISM that allows you to train additionals villagers ... but when they die, the supply wagons cant train more followers.

-Followers should take longer to train, like 5 or 10 seconds more, to balance the game at earlier ages because swiss ALWAYS get first to the second age because they dont need to spend in food for more followers. So this will compensate that advantage.

-For the same idea, to avoid swiss to reach age II TOO quickly, instead of 2 tent at the beginig of the game, there should be only ONE and it should be as a "tent wagon" to place it where you want if you play as the swiss, (but the IA should place it immediately not to have problems of lacking housing space). They will still have the advantage of the tents but it would take just a little time and 40 of wood to be able to train more free followers.

-Followers' attack points should be reduced (like 10%)... they are even powerful than russian skirmishers

-At the end of the game in the statistics, they are always the worst in the ALL THE RESOURCES tab. I think that this happens because of these reasons:

***Their followers CANT HUNT IN STEALTH MODE, they can gather from the animals if they are ALREADY dead, otherwise they only stare at the animals doing nothing but look. I read in the Release Notes that this was fix but it isnt.

***They only have one factory, to compensate this disadvantage the IA should ALWAYS send the LONG SUPPLY TRAIN card, and obviously create as many Supply wagons as they can, and when they lose one wagon, they should train another to replace it immediately.

*If fixing the Hunt ability and training 9 or 10 supply wagons they are still a llittle bit in disadvantage, you can always increase their build limit of follower to 46 normal and 50 with the FOLLOWER RECRUITMENT card.

-The maximun population cap should be higher it is completely unfair that they can only have 164 population top, to not have them in DISADVANTAGE in IV and V age... I will suggest 185 as the top population cap, given that they are good in some other areas (Supply wagons and followers) they dont have to be able to reach 200 pop cap, so I will suggest this:
*20 tents instead of 17 (20x8=160)
*each Headquarter will support 5 pop (2x5=10)
*and the ALTE EIDGENOSSENSHASFT card that the IA must send
everytime (I dont know this work but you should make shure that the
IA send it to have a balance scenario) will rise the max population by
15 so we will have 185 max pop

-The ALPINE ENCAMPMENT tech is a weird tech, because if you are in the Caribe or the Nile river you are not in an elevated terrain that will difficult your enemy cavalry advance trough your city. I think that it would be better if this tech make your units a little stronger ... or if you came up with other benefit ....

-I also wanted to suggest something about the technologies from the capitolium ("Great Scale agriculture", "deforestation" and "excessive taxation") that are placed in the supply wagons ... because is necesary to research all the market techs to be able to research them but I cant see a solution xD. Just make sure that the IA develops ALL the techs that are in the supplywagon.

AUSTRIANS

-Keeps and Watchtowers dont have models while being build ... you choose where you want to build them and instantly they appear "already builded" I know that it would be really tedious to create new models ... so I suggest to give them the unfinished models of the outpost (for watch towers) and factories (for keeps) in that way you can see if the building construction has been completed and avoid (in my case) letting the building unfinished. It would be like this:
**you select where you want to build the watchtower and appears llike a regular "unfinished construction" of an outpost, but when it gets completely builded it would be a Watchtower
**the same for the Keeps but with the factory unfinished model (because are the same size), so while the Keep is being builded you would see the models of the factory, but at the end it would be a Keep.
I only suggest this because some times I make my settler build 3 or 4 watch towers and when he finish, some times there are 2 watchtowers that never were builded but they appears like completed Watchtowers.

POLES

-One Szlachcic has to be the main one and not be able to die ... he could be weaker or slower than others Szlachcics (that you can train) or whatever, but you need to have a heroe that in the worst case wont die and can be able to re-build your colony (I mean that with others civs if you lose everything but you still have your explorer, you are not completely defeated, you can always rebuild your Town Center and train villagers to try to rise again) ... so to be fair is necesary to have an "inmortal" unit as the other civs that can re-build your colony.

-I read that you were going to kick out the Partyzant and Tabor ... I think that insted of throw them away you should make the Partyzat only a infantry unit. And for the Tabor, I know that it give the poles too much advantage because you can create soldiers in the middle of the battlefield. So I have 2 ideas:
**It can be only avialable from the metropoli.
**Take the ability of train infantery off, they will be just like war wagons.

ITALIANS

-When I play with the Italians as allies I've noticed that their architects ALWAYS act like normal villagers and TRY to hunt or gather from mines, mills, plantations and berries DOING NOTHIG.... instead of only gather wood that is the only resource they can gather from.

-Apart from the swiss they are always the second worst in the ALL RESOURCES tab, they are good at the beginig but their lack of merchants as the game goes on an on don let them gather as much resources as the other civs. I have 3 suggestions:
**Their architects should gather wood instead of trying to gather from other resource or building.
**The big majority of times their architecs dont build the Basilica (so far I've played against them or as allies like 20 times and they only tryed to build the basilica JUST TWICE, and they didnt even finished it in both times), I think that it is necessary to make their archiects to build the Basilica (I read in the Release notes that they will build them but they dont do that). The Basilica is like the equivalent for the second factoy and university. All the other civs construct their 2 factorys and their university ... so italians are in disadvantage in that area. And also they should ALWAYS send the PAPAL STATES card to build one more Basilica. I think that with the 2 Basilicas you can compensate their lack of one factory and an obviously reduced number of merchants.
**To explain this last point I will first talk about the CITIES cards (Napoles, Milan, Papal States, Florence, Venecia and Genova). They work in a weird way, sometimes they increase your merchant limit by 3, 6, 9 or 0 but at the end if you send 3 or 4 of them you will always have 57 merchants top, I think that it is fair, there is no problem for me, BUT for the IA it is a big problem. The biggest numer of merchants that I've have count when the italians are my allies is 41 (like I said I've played with them as allies like 12 or 15 times). I think it would be fair that you make shure the IA send at least 3 or 4 of these cards (PAPAL STATES and 2 or 3 others) to allow them to have at least 54 or 57 merchants to balance the italian economy in an advance game.

-Their architecs never build the Patron Saint, they should ALWAYS build it in front of the Fort where all the milatary units get together, to heal them.

-And for the Equestrian Statue that the IA also never build, it can be placed in the middle of the city and the VALOR ability should be activate everytime they fight.

PRUSSIANS

-the Stable and Barracks cant be delated ... when I want to delete them (because I reached the maximun number of Barracks or stable) to build new ones somewhere else ... I cant. I think that this is a feature but is really annoying. Even with the GENERAL WAR COMMISSARIAT card, the limit is still low.

-their reduced number of military buildings can be increased a little more:
At the begining you would be able to build 7 stable, 7 barracks and 4 artillery foundry, and if you send the card you will be able to build 10 barracks, 10 stables and 6 artillery foundry. And as a discount you could make the cavalry takes just a little longer to train.

RUSSIANS

-Their soldiers have the lowest attack points of all civs speacially their strelets and cavalry ... you can make them more powerful by increasing their attack ponit by 10%

-Make shure that the IA always develop the SIBERIAN EXPANSION tech at the university this will compensate their lack of powerful units.

-The RUSSIAN WINTER tech jus like the ALPINE ENCAMPMENT (for the swis) is also a weird tech. If you are in the Caribe or the Nile river you are not in winter. It would be the best if you came up with other feature for the tech.

GERMANS

-What is better? to have 1 settler wagoon or 2 settlers? How much is their gathering rate?

-The improvments for settlers are also applied for the settler wagoons?

AMERICANS

Could you explain me something more about all the types of settlers that americans have?

-what is the gathering rate of the slaves, compared to the settlers is one slave more efficient that one settler?

-The miners gathering rates is still good at plantations or is greatly decreased? What would be better to have at the plantations, a setteler or a miner?

-What are the gathering rates of the Frontiersman?, again compared with a regular settler

-When you reach te IV age the mills lose their "towers" I dont know how to say it but the model is wrong.

DUTCH

-There are "Estatuder" and "Estatuderes", two kinds of musketeers, one from the Religious Freedom and the other from the imperial politician.

-The Excessive Taxation tech says "Dutch can build +2 Banks" but they cant. I think it's ok because with the 3 cards(rotterdam,amsterdam, religous freedom) I can build 8 banks, that is the top and should remain in that way.
You should erase that phrase from the tech's description.
(my game is in spanish so I dont know if in english it is correct)

-You should reduce the autogathering rate from the banks in 10% or 5%, too much autogathering gives them an unfair advantage. they are always the best at coin but you can balance them a llittle by reducing their autogathering rate ... they will still be the first but not too much.

-I dont know if the banks historically fit in the Discovery Age ... they could fit better being avialable from the Colonial Age.

SWEDISH

-Karl xii never says a word you could asign him a character like the others.

-The autogathering rate from torps is high ... sometimes i dont even need villagers collecting wood ... and swedish (and sometimes austrians) are always the best at wood. It would be better if you reduce the autogathering rate by 10% or 5%.

-If you send the right cards (again I dont know how wich cards the IA sends) the swedish are way better gathering coin from mines than from plantations, I was thinking how to get benefits from this ability because AS THE GAME CONTINUES the swedish IA gather coin from plantations (only sometimes some villagers gather coin from the mines the explorer build). Their mining ability is not completely used and they are not so good at gathering coin from plantations because there arent enough cards at the metropoli, they only have Rum Distillery to improve the gathering rate from plantations. But instead you have VASTERBOTTEN ORE, ESTABLISH IRONMONGER, SILVERSMITH, WALLOON IRON that greatly improve gathering rate from mines.
The easiest solution would be that you make sure the swedish explorer will build mines everytime and the settlers will collect from the mines ONLY and not even build a single plantation. The swedish explorer should build enough mines in order to have no idle villagers when a mine runs out.

But I have other option that I think it would be the best, here are my suggestions:

**In my opinion a mine wagon is not something that you could belive. How come a wagon can contain a mine? I can understand a building contained in a wagon (maybe the metropoli sends you all what you need to construct a building, but a natural resource that can only be found on the ground contained in a wagon??). Of course you can discover mines with your explorer(I can get that), but a mine wagon is hard to belive ... and sometimes during the game you dont need it, you can easily build one mine with yout explorer. The mine wagon should not exist.
**The mines should cost wood instead of food to get advantage of their torps autogathering wood ability. And it would be more believable if they cost wood.
**I read that you gave the swedish explorer the ability of build mines because the swedish had the characteristic that they could easily discover mines, I agree with the bonus BUT I think that it would be the best if you make the explorer only "discover mines" 5 times and NO MORE, that should be the limit, it doesnt matter if a mine runs out , you should only be able to build mines JUST 5 times. I said this because it should be better to mantain somewhat of realism in the game ... you should not be able to build mines everytime you want, only 5 times would be the best because there is no place on earth that has countless mines. In this way you will be good at gathering coin at the beginig and middle of the game (from 6 or 7 mines, 5 that you build plus the others already placed in the map) but as the game goes on and on you should build your plantations, because ""there are no more mines to be discovered where you settled your city"".
**When you wont be able to build more mines and you start to gather from plantations; in order to not be in disadvantage gathering coin from plantations (because like I said, there are not enough cards to increse their gathering rates), I would suggest that the cards: "Wallon Iron" and "Vasterbotten Ore" instead of increasing the gathering rates from mines would turn into the "For the rest of the, a moderate trickle of coin enriches you" cards. After all these are technologies from Sweden itself not from the colony you are leading, so it would be like: "because Sweden is getting money from mining and other stuff they send you coin to support your colony".
**Then you should make SHURE that the explorer build mines everytime, starting before the closest mine(s) runs out, and as the ones you build run out UNTILL you discover the 5 mines you can. Only from that point you should build your first plantation and start gathering from it.

FRENCH

-It's imposible to send the Chausseurs or Grognards from the Academy

BRITISH

-The icon of the Green jacket is the same as the Westphalian skirmisher

I also read that you were planning to add a Tree Plantation, I think that it is not necessary but if you insist I will suggest, only for the beauty and stetic of the game to have only the Mango Grove avialable to build or as a Card.

Thats all ... I would really really appreciate it if you at least let me know what you think ..... this expansion is awesome Smile Smile
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject:

Hi again guys, I dont want to be rude but nobody has answered me, and I wrote a lot Sad

I let you know that to ask again for your answer I've improved, reviewed and deleted my suggestions, I have edited my post like 100 times (you can check how many views my post has).

In my first post I rushed to suggest some nonsense things Rolling Eyes but because I'm on vacations since nov. 17th I decided to analize the game before I comment something else, so I started to play the game like 2 or 3 times per day, so far I've played like 50 times, all of the times I've play in expert but because I'm not an expert (yet) and I play 4 vs 4(to have more civs to analize), it takes me like 1 hour or 90 minutes to win.

But in everygame I've paused the game like 4 or 5 times to analize my allies and enemies, and I've counted their number of settlers, what they do, what they build, what they dont build, where they gather from, how they attack, what military units they use and etc...

And also after each game I've checked all the tabs from the statistics to realize how they play.

Anyway the majority of my suggestions are for the IA (I think that it is AI but I'm too lazy to change it)and some other features.... to have a more balanced game

I would really appreciate it if you let me know what you think, I can say now that all what I've suggested makes a lot of sense and it is totally worth reading. I know that it is a lot but is not going to take you more than 10 or 15 minutes to read it, and I think that if you read it, at least you're not going to regret it.

so please read it and comment what you think.
GamerLuna
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

Greeting and welcome to the forums. The forums arent the most active but devs are working and talking each other in skype. Looking over your suggestions first of all yes it AI not IA , AI stands for Artificial Intelligence . Swiss is suppoused to be a rushing civ thats why they have the population limit lower and powerful early units. Though i agree they need more early age millitary home cards . About the Autrian models ,same thing happens with trops with the swedes so its a low priority thing. About the poles , they have a better explorer than the rest of the civs , why make it unkillable? OP much? Yes italian AI needs tweaking . Russians are suppoused to be a spammable civ like zergs in starcraft and even historically russians never cared about their people and won most wars by numbers. Also you dont mess with swedes they are perfect Topmodel Topmodel Topmodel . About voices , its a low priority thing like the campaign , its going to be added but after bug fixes and everything else works plus you can read what the ai says .
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

From what I quickly read (I'll be honest., just right now I couldn't read everything lol ), there are things done like that for purpose: for ex, Swiss pop, or good wood gathering with torps for Swedes (they dont have much settlers you know) etc...

There are pros and cons for each civ, it doesnt mean they all should be equalized (very OP stuff apart)

But I think someone who will read everything will surely bring you a more interessant answer to your analysis than I did Mr. Green
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I've obviously know that there are pros and cos for each civ, I dont what their features to change, I only suggest this in order to have a more balance game, that's why I dont suggest to delete their features or add some new stuff, I'm only suggesting to modify their features a little bit .... the swiss will still be really good at the beginig but not so weak as the game continues, the italians will get more resources, the poles wont have too much cavalry power, the swedish will still be the best at wood but not in an overwhelming way as well as the dutch with coin; just some little adjusments that will make the game a bit more fair.
Like I said, I know that what I wrote is too much but I hope to get and answer from the team. Let me know your thoughts.

PS: Congratulations to make it into the top 100!! You deserved it guys
GamerLuna
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

w00t team congratz! Mr. Green on top 100 , lets win this guyz
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: some suggestions, errors and questions

EduardoXV wrote:
First of all, the majority of my suggestion are for the IA (either playing against them or as allies). I mean which cards does the IA should always send and wich technologies and improvements dos the IA should always research.

Before I have 4 questions that I want you to answer please:

1.-Can you tell me what cards the IA sends from its metropoli to each civs? Where I can find them and if I can change them?

2.-What techs do the IA develop in the university, does the IA research all of them?

3.-How are the tactics from the university chose for each game?

4.-Either Followers, Settler Wagon, miners, frontiersman, slaves, merchants, architecs, Landwehrs or sanclutoes; all villager-type units; they always get their gathering rates increased when you send a card from the Manufacturing Plant? I mean this cards imrpoves all villager-type units in the same percentage?

Answer 1+2: The AI picks via own algorithms every sort of content that you "offer it". That basically means, we just "tell" the AI about things it can research and produce, but it will make the decision itself based on its own preferences. Basically these are calculations focussing on the cost-efficiency and effectivity of game content.

Answer 3: Randomly out of over 70 possible choices.
Answer 4: The standard cards usually boost gather rates of villager-type units by the same percentage values, yes. However, there might be a few single cases in which these cards look like the standard ones, but have a different percentage for balancing purposes. Also, you will find villager-specific cards that only work for the unique villagers of a civ and no others. We do have the possibility to differ by type or individually by unit. How we do it, depends on the effect we're looking for.

SWISS
Quote:
-I read that they were a bonus civ but you can make them a really good and complete civ changing some things a little. They are really dangerous at the first ages but as the game go on and on they lack of population.

Swiss have a special place in our mod, because they're the original reason why NE was made (which wasn't called like that back then). Under our usual requirements for civs to be "major civs", the Swiss would actually fail to fulfill them. While Swiss people were highly appreciated mercenaries, the power of the Swiss Confederacy itself ranks below all other European civs from NE and AoE3. So these downsides that the Swiss have are intended. And in my opinion even, they are more than a bonus civ already. It is correct that they don't catch up with civs like French or British in the end, but that is exactly how it should be.

Quote:
-Make sure that the IA develops ALL the techs from the tents that allows to have more followers and also send the FOLLOWER RECRUITMENT card for the same purpose ... so you will have 47 followers top.

-When you have your 47 followers and one of them dies your supplywagons dont create another one, but when another follower dies (you have 45 followers) they instantly star to train 2 more to complete the 47

-a tactic from the university PACIFISM that allows you to train additionals villagers ... but when they die, the supply wagons cant train more followers.

-Followers should take longer to train, like 5 or 10 seconds more, to balance the game at earlier ages because swiss ALWAYS get first to the second age because they dont need to spend in food for more followers. So this will compensate that advantage.

-For the same idea, to avoid swiss to reach age II TOO quickly, instead of 2 tent at the beginig of the game, there should be only ONE and it should be as a "tent wagon" to place it where you want if you play as the swiss, (but the IA should place it immediately not to have problems of lacking housing space). They will still have the advantage of the tents but it would take just a little time and 40 of wood to be able to train more free followers.

Thanks, I will look into these. Took some notes. Smile The problem with wagons is, that the AI often troubles to handle them, but we could reduce one tent indeed and lenghten the follower's train time.

Quote:
-Followers' attack points should be reduced (like 10%)... they are even powerful than russian skirmishers

I agree. Unlike other Age of Empires games, there is some exaggerated villager-protectionism in AoE3. I do think that it is no coincidence though that Followers in particular have a higher attack than usual and I imagine it has more to do with their historical reputation than balancing. It may compensate their lack of fortified buildings though.

Quote:
-At the end of the game in the statistics, they are always the worst in the ALL THE RESOURCES tab. I think that this happens because of these reasons:

***Their followers CANT HUNT IN STEALTH MODE, they can gather from the animals if they are ALREADY dead, otherwise they only stare at the animals doing nothing but look. I read in the Release Notes that this was fix but it isnt.

***They only have one factory, to compensate this disadvantage the IA should ALWAYS send the LONG SUPPLY TRAIN card, and obviously create as many Supply wagons as they can, and when they lose one wagon, they should train another to replace it immediately.

*If fixing the Hunt ability and training 9 or 10 supply wagons they are still a llittle bit in disadvantage, you can always increase their build limit of follower to 46 normal and 50 with the FOLLOWER RECRUITMENT card.

As I said in the beginning, we're perfectly fine with Swiss being not so good in late game and falling behind the more the game proceeds (happens with many other civs too btw). However, I'm willing to delay that point in time once the early Swiss powerplay was nerfed. Regarding the points you made:

1. They usually should switch their tactics back when they intend to hunt, but I will check that too. Thanks for the hint. The reason why they are not allowed to hunt in stealth is pretty obvious though: It would be a really unfair advantage being as good as invulnerable when gathering from the fastest food resources far away from the protection of your base/military units while villagers of all civs are then vulnerable to cavalry raids.
    In earlier versions it even was possible for Followers to build in stealth. Keeping Followers from rebuilding the Swiss base was also a super annoying thing for enemies.

2. One factory for Swiss is fine, but I agree that more supply wagons are always better. Will see if we can make the AI do it.

3. I guess, once we nerfed the Swiss a bit, a pop limit of 50 followers is no problem.

Quote:
-The maximun population cap should be higher it is completely unfair that they can only have 164 population top, to not have them in DISADVANTAGE in IV and V age... I will suggest 185 as the top population cap, given that they are good in some other areas (Supply wagons and followers) they dont have to be able to reach 200 pop cap, so I will suggest this:
*20 tents instead of 17 (20x8=160)
*each Headquarter will support 5 pop (2x5=10)
*and the ALTE EIDGENOSSENSHASFT card that the IA must send
everytime (I dont know this work but you should make shure that the
IA send it to have a balance scenario) will rise the max population by
15 so we will have 185 max pop

A lower pop cap is intended, but I'm okay with negotiating the exact number. I will investigate if your suggestions work, but surely make this dependent on our own ideas for changes.

Quote:
-The ALPINE ENCAMPMENT tech is a weird tech, because if you are in the Caribe or the Nile river you are not in an elevated terrain that will difficult your enemy cavalry advance trough your city. I think that it would be better if this tech make your units a little stronger ... or if you came up with other benefit ....

-I also wanted to suggest something about the technologies from the capitolium ("Great Scale agriculture", "deforestation" and "excessive taxation") that are placed in the supply wagons ... because is necesary to research all the market techs to be able to research them but I cant see a solution xD. Just make sure that the IA develops ALL the techs that are in the supplywagon.

Noted these too, thanks.

AUSTRIANS

Quote:
-Keeps and Watchtowers dont have models while being build ... you choose where you want to build them and instantly they appear "already builded" I know that it would be really tedious to create new models ... so I suggest to give them the unfinished models of the outpost (for watch towers) and factories (for keeps) in that way you can see if the building construction has been completed and avoid (in my case) letting the building unfinished. It would be like this:
**you select where you want to build the watchtower and appears llike a regular "unfinished construction" of an outpost, but when it gets completely builded it would be a Watchtower
**the same for the Keeps but with the factory unfinished model (because are the same size), so while the Keep is being builded you would see the models of the factory, but at the end it would be a Keep.
I only suggest this because some times I make my settler build 3 or 4 watch towers and when he finish, some times there are 2 watchtowers that never were builded but they appears like completed Watchtowers.

We're aware of that already and have fixed it internally.

POLES

Quote:
-One Szlachcic has to be the main one and not be able to die ... he could be weaker or slower than others Szlachcics (that you can train) or whatever, but you need to have a heroe that in the worst case wont die and can be able to re-build your colony (I mean that with others civs if you lose everything but you still have your explorer, you are not completely defeated, you can always rebuild your Town Center and train villagers to try to rise again) ... so to be fair is necesary to have an "inmortal" unit as the other civs that can re-build your colony.

In the new report you may have read about the plan to have a more important explorer unit than the Szlachcic. This would most likely be a 'Hetman', an immortal cavalry explorer.

Quote:
-I read that you were going to kick out the Partyzant and Tabor ... I think that insted of throw them away you should make the Partyzat only a infantry unit. And for the Tabor, I know that it give the poles too much advantage because you can create soldiers in the middle of the battlefield. So I have 2 ideas:
**It can be only avialable from the metropoli.
**Take the ability of train infantery off, they will be just like war wagons.

Making the Partyzant an infantry archer would result in Polish having no Cavalry Archers, which I think is intolerable, not to mention an infantry archer is not even needed. Polish are a cavalry civ after all and their infantry is supposed to play only a support or defensive role. I do agree that the training capabilities of Tabors need to be removed, then again, the whole unit itself is questionable too. However, moving them to HC only could be a viable option to limit their appearance in the game to a minimum.

ITALIANS

Quote:
-When I play with the Italians as allies I've noticed that their architects ALWAYS act like normal villagers and TRY to hunt or gather from mines, mills, plantations and berries DOING NOTHIG.... instead of only gather wood that is the only resource they can gather from.

Well, they shouldn't try to do things they can not do. The lumber ability was given them in last version, so they would not idle around and be useless like before. I will see if I can detect that buggy behaviour too and remove it. But even if there is, they are still more useful as they are actually doing something, right? ^^ Thanks for pointing out the glitch nonetheless!

Quote:
-Apart from the swiss they are always the second worst in the ALL RESOURCES tab, they are good at the beginig but their lack of merchants as the game goes on an on don let them gather as much resources as the other civs. I have 3 suggestions:
**Their architects should gather wood instead of trying to gather from other resource or building.
**The big majority of times their architecs dont build the Basilica (so far I've played against them or as allies like 20 times and they only tryed to build the basilica JUST TWICE, and they didnt even finished it in both times), I think that it is necessary to make their archiects to build the Basilica (I read in the Release notes that they will build them but they dont do that). The Basilica is like the equivalent for the second factoy and university. All the other civs construct their 2 factorys and their university ... so italians are in disadvantage in that area. And also they should ALWAYS send the PAPAL STATES card to build one more Basilica. I think that with the 2 Basilicas you can compensate their lack of one factory and an obviously reduced number of merchants.
**To explain this last point I will first talk about the CITIES cards (Napoles, Milan, Papal States, Florence, Venecia and Genova). They work in a weird way, sometimes they increase your merchant limit by 3, 6, 9 or 0 but at the end if you send 3 or 4 of them you will always have 57 merchants top, I think that it is fair, there is no problem for me, BUT for the IA it is a big problem. The biggest numer of merchants that I've have count when the italians are my allies is 41 (like I said I've played with them as allies like 12 or 15 times). I think it would be fair that you make shure the IA send at least 3 or 4 of these cards (PAPAL STATES and 2 or 3 others) to allow them to have at least 54 or 57 merchants to balance the italian economy in an advance game.

Well, Architects can gather wood, but thanks for the observations regarding the Basilica. The AI might not be very good at handling the Italians, but human players prove that you can make the Italian economy explode when you know how to do it. So we'll either have to investigate in the AI again or tweak the HC cards.

Quote:
-Their architecs never build the Patron Saint, they should ALWAYS build it in front of the Fort where all the milatary units get together, to heal them.

-And for the Equestrian Statue that the IA also never build, it can be placed in the middle of the city and the VALOR ability should be activate everytime they fight.

Will be difficult to make the AI do it as the AI is not very good at ... geography. Mr. Green Still, noted it.

PRUSSIANS

Quote:
-the Stable and Barracks cant be delated ... when I want to delete them (because I reached the maximun number of Barracks or stable) to build new ones somewhere else ... I cant. I think that this is a feature but is really annoying. Even with the GENERAL WAR COMMISSARIAT card, the limit is still low.

-their reduced number of military buildings can be increased a little more:
At the begining you would be able to build 7 stable, 7 barracks and 4 artillery foundry, and if you send the card you will be able to build 10 barracks, 10 stables and 6 artillery foundry. And as a discount you could make the cavalry takes just a little longer to train.

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. The reason for that is the bonus of free units per building. I'm no fan to limit the number of military training facilities at all. Seems we'll have to rework the bonus completely or workaround it with building costs, build time or maybe even make the buildings cost pop.

RUSSIANS

Quote:
-Their soldiers have the lowest attack points of all civs speacially their strelets and cavalry ... you can make them more powerful by increasing their attack ponit by 10%

-Make shure that the IA always develop the SIBERIAN EXPANSION tech at the university this will compensate their lack of powerful units.

-The RUSSIAN WINTER tech jus like the ALPINE ENCAMPMENT (for the swis) is also a weird tech. If you are in the Caribe or the Nile river you are not in winter. It would be the best if you came up with other feature for the tech.

I will have a look on these things, noted. It's no secret I don't like how Strelets were realized in AoE3 (but well, the game was made by US Americans after all, what can you expect). Since I do have some ambitions to update the Russian unit roster a bit, let's just see what'll happen to them. Since it would take a lot of time to rework all Strelet-related techs though, I will probably end up not changing the complete unit, but find additional ways to improve the Russian unit roster.

GERMANS

Quote:
-What is better? to have 1 settler wagoon or 2 settlers? How much is their gathering rate?

-The improvments for settlers are also applied for the settler wagoons?

1 Wagon = 2 Settlers. And yes, improvements apply to settler wagons too, since they are also villager-type units.

AMERICANS

Quote:
Could you explain me something more about all the types of settlers that americans have?

-what is the gathering rate of the slaves, compared to the settlers is one slave more efficient that one settler?

-The miners gathering rates is still good at plantations or is greatly decreased? What would be better to have at the plantations, a setteler or a miner?

-What are the gathering rates of the Frontiersman?, again compared with a regular settler

On our Civ page you can read more about the US American villagers.

• Slaves cost 65 coin while Settlers cost 100f. They can only gather at Mills and Plantations and their gather rate is equal to those of Settlers, but be sure you check the gather rate improvements they've got in buildings and the HC. Apart from that they've got less overall values (hitpoints, speed, ..).

• Miners can only mine, they can not gather elsewhere. As far as I can see the other US villagers have got the same gather rate for Plantations, but be also sure you check the gather rate improvements for Miners Americans got in buildings and the HC.

• It's worthy to know they're quicker at gathering from Herdables (sheep, etc.), Huntables, Berries, Trees and that they can autogather food (only in Pioneer mode). Gather rates are equal with Settlers for Mines, Plantations and resource crates.

Quote:
-When you reach te IV age the mills lose their "towers" I dont know how to say it but the model is wrong.

The Age IV Mill disappearing is a known glitch, which we will fix.

DUTCH

Quote:
-There are "Estatuder" and "Estatuderes", two kinds of musketeers, one from the Religious Freedom and the other from the imperial politician.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, but I noted it and will take care to harmonize these things. Mr. Green

Quote:
-The Excessive Taxation tech says "Dutch can build +2 Banks" but they cant. I think it's ok because with the 3 cards(rotterdam,amsterdam, religous freedom) I can build 8 banks, that is the top and should remain in that way.
You should erase that phrase from the tech's description.
(my game is in spanish so I dont know if in english it is correct)

Yup, can do that. Thanks! Smile

Quote:
-You should reduce the autogathering rate from the banks in 10% or 5%, too much autogathering gives them an unfair advantage. they are always the best at coin but you can balance them a llittle by reducing their autogathering rate ... they will still be the first but not too much.

It would surely be a lil scandal, but I will think about that as I find Dutch banks a bit lame as well.

Quote:
-I dont know if the banks historically fit in the Discovery Age ... they could fit better being avialable from the Colonial Age.

Better don't think about historical suitability when judging the design decision of ES for the original AoE3 civs, it probably won't work. Wink

SWEDISH

Quote:
-Karl xii never says a word you could asign him a character like the others.

Hu? That should work actually, will look at it.
Quote:
-The autogathering rate from torps is high ... sometimes i dont even need villagers collecting wood ... and swedish (and sometimes austrians) are always the best at wood. It would be better if you reduce the autogathering rate by 10% or 5%.

Torps are already on my to-do list for Swedish, but thanks for the suggestion. Smile

Quote:
-If you send the right cards (again I dont know how wich cards the IA sends) the swedish are way better gathering coin from mines than from plantations, I was thinking how to get benefits from this ability because AS THE GAME CONTINUES the swedish IA gather coin from plantations (only sometimes some villagers gather coin from the mines the explorer build). Their mining ability is not completely used and they are not so good at gathering coin from plantations because there arent enough cards at the metropoli, they only have Rum Distillery to improve the gathering rate from plantations. But instead you have VASTERBOTTEN ORE, ESTABLISH IRONMONGER, SILVERSMITH, WALLOON IRON that greatly improve gathering rate from mines.
The easiest solution would be that you make sure the swedish explorer will build mines everytime and the settlers will collect from the mines ONLY and not even build a single plantation. The swedish explorer should build enough mines in order to have no idle villagers when a mine runs out.

But I have other option that I think it would be the best, here are my suggestions:

**In my opinion a mine wagon is not something that you could belive. How come a wagon can contain a mine? I can understand a building contained in a wagon (maybe the metropoli sends you all what you need to construct a building, but a natural resource that can only be found on the ground contained in a wagon??). Of course you can discover mines with your explorer(I can get that), but a mine wagon is hard to belive ... and sometimes during the game you dont need it, you can easily build one mine with yout explorer. The mine wagon should not exist.
**The mines should cost wood instead of food to get advantage of their torps autogathering wood ability. And it would be more believable if they cost wood.
**I read that you gave the swedish explorer the ability of build mines because the swedish had the characteristic that they could easily discover mines, I agree with the bonus BUT I think that it would be the best if you make the explorer only "discover mines" 5 times and NO MORE, that should be the limit, it doesnt matter if a mine runs out , you should only be able to build mines JUST 5 times. I said this because it should be better to mantain somewhat of realism in the game ... you should not be able to build mines everytime you want, only 5 times would be the best because there is no place on earth that has countless mines. In this way you will be good at gathering coin at the beginig and middle of the game (from 6 or 7 mines, 5 that you build plus the others already placed in the map) but as the game goes on and on you should build your plantations, because ""there are no more mines to be discovered where you settled your city"".
**When you wont be able to build more mines and you start to gather from plantations; in order to not be in disadvantage gathering coin from plantations (because like I said, there are not enough cards to increse their gathering rates), I would suggest that the cards: "Wallon Iron" and "Vasterbotten Ore" instead of increasing the gathering rates from mines would turn into the "For the rest of the, a moderate trickle of coin enriches you" cards. After all these are technologies from Sweden itself not from the colony you are leading, so it would be like: "because Sweden is getting money from mining and other stuff they send you coin to support your colony".
**Then you should make SHURE that the explorer build mines everytime, starting before the closest mine(s) runs out, and as the ones you build run out UNTILL you discover the 5 mines you can. Only from that point you should build your first plantation and start gathering from it.

I perfectly understand your discomfort with this bonus as I have an aversion for the way the mining bonus was realized as well. I will in every case disable this building ability and spread the gold boni on a few more things than just mines. A gold trickle might indeed be one good countermeasure. Swedish in NE2 used to be a quite defensive civ even if their units are always called to be OP. I do fear that conceptual failures of the former Swedish civ designer such as making Torps provide housing space and (as a consequence out of that) giving Swedes the ability to mine in their base (and profit from it like dwarfs) need to fixed by us in a wider sense than just nerfing the symptoms.
We probably will have to give Sweden a new concept, that is offensive and forces them to leave their turtly base to gain map control and all of its related benefits. And I think now is a good time for that since the announced Danish civ is actually destined to be defensive. That, by the way, makes also more sense from a historical point of view, since Sweden undoubtedly deserves the label of being an expansionist civ more than a civ like Denmark, that was always trying hard to defend its borders and stay alive.

FRENCH

Quote:
-It's imposible to send the Chausseurs or Grognards from the Academy

Yes, it's a known bug, which we will fix.

BRITISH

Quote:
-The icon of the Green jacket is the same as the Westphalian skirmisher

I noticed as well, will be fixed. There already was another portrait made.

Quote:
I also read that you were planning to add a Tree Plantation, I think that it is not necessary but if you insist I will suggest, only for the beauty and stetic of the game to have only the Mango Grove avialable to build or as a Card.

That's actually something we plan for NE3, not NE2. A HC card might work though.

Quote:
Thats all ... I would really really appreciate it if you at least let me know what you think ..... this expansion is awesome Smile Smile

Well, I was thinking, we will need playtesters in a more progressed phase of development. I was just curious: Would you be interested? You seem to have an good analyzing eye to find the devils in the details. Under the condition of course that you won't tell anything anybody except us before release. Wink

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for answer me ... I was about to go crazy waiting and waiting lol

I'm pretty sure that I saw swiss buildings being constructed alone a couple of times so I think that their followers can still build using stealth.

And I can use miners at plantations too... not only mining.

I'd love to help to develop the mod in anything I can Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green , and be sure I wont tell anybody about what I found ... after all I only play against the computer Smile
While I'm not in a week of exams I can test whatever you ask Smile
Gustav II Adolf
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the followers should be nerfed at all. They are the only skirmishers for the swiss, and they should be a strong skirmisher. And, as were pointed out, the swiss lack fortified buildings; the followers make up for this. It is in line with the thought behind the swiss, being a mobile civ.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Hi again! I want to add a couple of things

-the miners (Americans) have the same problem of the architecs, miners try to gather any resource at mills, berries or wood, and they only stare at the resources.

-I think that it's neccesary to change the in-game slave description, cause it says: "slow-gathering worker" so at first I though that it was a villager that was cheap but suck at gathering that's why I ask, but after you answer I check their rates and I tried them and now they are my favorite american villager, and "Slaveholder politician" damm!! that's cool lol Anyway I guess that you could change the description to avoid confusions, something like "Cheap but weak villager" or only "Cheap villager" cause they are not that weak or that slow.

-Estatuder and Estatuderes are the types of musketeers the dutch get, my game is in spanish, so I guess is different for you, but they are musketeers so I supose they should have the same name and the same stats, In english I think they are the stadhouders?

-About what you say about the patron saint, I guess you could take the instructions that the AI use to place its fort, and use them to place the patron saint, however I don't know how hard it can be to do these thing.

and one last question, if I want to post a similar post like this, should I do it right here as a reply or create a new post?
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

EduardoXV wrote:
-the miners (Americans) have the same problem of the architecs, miners try to gather any resource at mills, berries or wood, and they only stare at the resources.

I never observed that effect myself, but I noted it.

Quote:
-I think that it's neccesary to change the in-game slave description, cause it says: "slow-gathering worker" so at first I though that it was a villager that was cheap but suck at gathering that's why I ask, but after you answer I check their rates and I tried them and now they are my favorite american villager, and "Slaveholder politician" damm!! that's cool lol Anyway I guess that you could change the description to avoid confusions, something like "Cheap but weak villager" or only "Cheap villager" cause they are not that weak or that slow.

I agree, noted.

Quote:
-Estatuder and Estatuderes are the types of musketeers the dutch get, my game is in spanish, so I guess is different for you, but they are musketeers so I supose they should have the same name and the same stats, In english I think they are the stadhouders?

Probably has to do with the Spanish version, but will have a look if that the strings are correct in English version.

Quote:
-About what you say about the patron saint, I guess you could take the instructions that the AI use to place its fort, and use them to place the patron saint, however I don't know how hard it can be to do these thing.

Our AI scripter said about that: "The ability of patron saint can't be used by the AI, so it isn't necessary to build the statue."

Quote:
and one last question, if I want to post a similar post like this, should I do it right here as a reply or create a new post?

How would the post be different from this one? Usually I'd say one suggestion thread per user.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, is it ok if I add a few things based on what's been said?

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Quote:
In earlier versions it even was possible for Followers to build in stealth

Not sure if you mean that they shouldn't be able to anymore... but I believe they still can.

Quote:
Making the Partyzant an infantry archer would result in Polish having no Cavalry Archers, which I think is intolerable

I was thinking, to keep Cavalry Archers, to make/add another cavalry archer unit (Similar to the Kozak Cav Archer from the card) that's good against heavy infantry... Although you already have the Lizcow's for thatů (are double-up's okay?) It's sad to see the 'Partypants' go away... Crying or Very sad

There was also an issue raised about the Basilica, with the AI not building it... now this might not be the cause, but maybe the AI often give up due to it taking a long time to build it (it has a lengthy build time)

Apologies for interrupting. Smile

-Ande59

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

@Ande59:

I was just making a test game with Swiss and you can no longer build nor gather in stealth. If that works for you, see if you're really on NE 2.1.7b.

Sorry for removing partypants, but they have no real historical base. You'll sure love the new Lisos. Smile

As for the AI not building stuff, our AI scripter assumes you're not playing on "Hard", where he said the AI would always build the Basilica.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject:

hi again Mr. Green

Quote:
Answer 1+2: The AI picks via own algorithms every sort of content that you "offer it". That basically means, we just "tell" the AI about things it can research and produce, but it will make the decision itself based on its own preferences. Basically these are calculations focussing on the cost-efficiency and effectivity of game content.

You mean you select the 25 cards of the deck the AI has?

-I have a question about the units, If you don't mind you could answer me or just tell me to ask somewhere else, anyway:

**there are heavy infantery, regular infantery and light infantery, same with cav, How can I know wich is wich? I have some ideas, but I'm not sure.

-The AI repairs its buildings? I have checked just few times and they dont ... could this be improved?

SWISS

Quote:
I was just making a test game with Swiss and you can no longer build nor gather in stealth. If that works for you, see if you're really on NE 2.1.7b.

-I have the last version too, but they can build and gather in stealth....

-Berrypickers tech is not available for them?

ITALIANS

Quote:
As for the AI not building stuff, our AI scripter assumes you're not playing on "Hard", where he said the AI would always build the Basilica.

-I guess by "Hard" you mean the 5th level not the 4th? In spanish there are "Principiante", "Facil", "Moderado", "Dificil" and "Experto", I play in "experto". The first time I posted that the IA never builded the Basilica in the almost 20 times I played with the Italians as alies or enemies(I already had the latest version "2.1.7b" ), however I dont know what happened this time but there were something else; I played 9 times with them (and the americans) as alies, and they build it 2 times, they started to build it but never finished 4 times, and the other 3 times they didnt build it at all ...... could you check that?. Btw I think that it is extremelly long the time it takes to build it, I think that is 160sec (really long) I think it would be better and also it would help the IA to complete it, if it only take just 80 or 90 sec.

-Could the architec start to build houses and market or gather wood just from the beginnig? insted of idle until few seconds after the merchants star to gather.

-Can I say again that their number of merchants remains the same as the last time?, "forty-something" just one time I counted 44 but the rest of the times only 41, 40 or 39.

ENGLISH

-what about the cards that benefits musketers and grenadiers, what do you think about them benefiting green jackets?. And also they have low HP for a 2 pop unit, it wouldnt be better if they have more HP and get some more HP through cards?

FRENCH

-What is the reason that you can only build 7 academys?

-Excessive Taxation, Deforestation, Large Scale Agriculture:
They are avialable in the market and the capitol, when I get them at the market I CAN NOT GET THEM from the capitol AGAIN, but when I get them from the capitol I CAN ALSO get them from the market for the SECOND TIME. The change in gathering rates I saw was this:
3techs at theMARKET ONLY<<3techs at theCAPITOL<<CAPITOL + MARKET(obiously)
well my question is: Is this a feature? if it is.... It is confusing Confused it guess would be also confusing for the IA ... or not .... Anyway could you explain me something about this?

SWEDISH

-Could you add that the Artillery combat card also benefits the leather cannons?

-The hand cannoner cost the 3 resources ... 8 coin

AMERICANS

Quote:
EduardoXV wrote:

I never observed that effect myself, but I noted it.

-I also was like WTF Neutral but I played 9 times with them as alies and they always do that Neutral

-why the americans never get coin from the metropoli at te beginning?

-Why the marine cost just 75food? not coin ... it gives them and advantage .... it could cost less food, and coin.

-There are always villagers (fronteirsman, miner and the normal) staring at the ranch some times even 11 or 12, and in 2 ranchs, I think that they think that the Ranch is a Mill but they dont gather nothing. I think that this plus the miners trying to gather where they cant is why they are not good in the final resources tab at the end of the game (no too bad as the swiss and italians) but they lack something.

-In the final report, someone say that havign the miners avialable from the artillery founderies is OP cause you can have more miners at the plantations, and this grants you a really great coin income, I never thought about that but it is true. My sugestion would be that americans could get a "Figther miner" available at the artillery foundery without having to research a tech in the university (to avoid the IA not researching it) but it wouldnt be a villager-type unit, just a grenadier that cant gather but with the same stats and model of the normal miner. What do you think?

-One last thing about the miners, the IA never train 20 miners, the maximun numer I've count is 17 just one time, the rest of the times there were just 8, 9, 10,11 or 12. And sometimes there are like 15 or 18 other no-miners villagers at plantations, so I think this bonus is not completely used by the IA. By the way the IA always get 11 or 12 froteirsman Smile

-Is there a way to make the IA train slaves?

-I think that the "SALVE TRADE" card that enable you to train 20 more slaves should not do this, I even think that 40 slaves it is too much because when I play I ended killing all my normal villagers to have 40 slaves (with the "slaveholder"), 20 miners, and the 13 fronteirsman, to have a total of 73 that it is enough (sometimes I add 7 normal villagers to have 80 villagers in total, I like round numbers Smile ). Anyway you ended having no "citizens" or "settlers" in your city. I think that a fair number would be 20 slaves top and the "Slave Trade" could send you 15 slaves for 1000coin, and it wont enable to train more slaves.

-Will the flags of the Laclede's Landing be updated?

DUTCH

Quote:
Quote:

It would surely be a lil scandal, but I will think about that as I find Dutch banks a bit lame as well.

-Are you planning something for the banks?

PRUSSIA

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that problem. The reason for that is the bonus of free units per building. I'm no fan to limit the number of military training facilities at all. Seems we'll have to rework the bonus completely or workaround it with building costs, build time or maybe even make the buildings cost pop.

- I think that is not neccesary to change the build time too much maybe 5 more sec or 10sec, I think that it's a good bonus just the way it is, however you could add 50 more wood to the cost of the military building and remove the limit of military buildings.

VILLAGERS

I have notice that villagers from italy, Prussia, USA, Austria, some times just stand in one point and do nothing, sometimes there are groups of 2, 3, 5 doing nothing for a loooong time (from 3 to 12 minutes), I will check if this happens to every civ, but for now I wanted to tell you this. Were you aware of that? it can be solved?

SAPPERS

I think that they are really OP specially compared with the grenadier, if you get the 2 (grenadier and saper) it is waaay better to train sappers, and if you have saper and your enemy have only grenadier, is an advantage for you. This is why:

They are cheaper than the grenadier
S(50f 70w) G(120f 60c)
They are stronger than the grenadier
S(555HP) G(400HP)
They are faster than the grenadier
S(5,50) G(4,40)
well, their siege attack is not as good as the grenadier but not for much
S(20x5) G(108x1.3)
and they cost only 1 pop!!

I think that if you make them cost 2 pop, and 90 or 100food plus 70 wood it would be better

That's all, it is too long again that's why I couldnt post before, hope you find it useful Smile
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I guess by "Hard" you mean the 5th level not the 4th? In spanish there are "Principiante", "Facil", "Moderado", "Dificil" and "Experto"

Hard is Dificil, the 4th level. Expert is Experto for you.

Quote:
-I have the last version too, but they can build and gather in stealth....

Also confirmed this problem: 2.1.7b, swiss can build in stealth mode.

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Some unintended features I found today and 'cause I do not want another bug/suggestions-related thread I abuse this one (I hope you do not mind, Eduardo...).

1.Finnish Native Tech Great Wrath has wrong numbers I believe. Description says your villagers' damage is boosted by 15% even though it's 150% I believe.

2.Riding School+Masscavalry+Rapid Mobilization (one of Prussia's unique university techs) means instant cavalry for Prussia

3.Prussia's Ansbach (or was it Bayreuth? It's a flavorful shipment anyway) Dragoons sends 9 Guard Dragoons. They are named Veteran Dragoons although they have guard stats. Sending them a second time (after aging to imperial) declares them correctly as Ansbach/Bayreuth Dragoons.

4. Poland has a nice card that increases your cavalry's capability during trample mode. As the mode is completly broken the card itself is pretty useless. I would really appreciate a fix for that, even though this sort of change might be more fitting for NE3.
A short summerization of what trample mode does:
In fact all cavalry units can deal splash damage such as cuirassier and sipahi do regularly. With extended formations enabled you can switch any unit to trample mode where-:
-you deal splash damage
-ride with dramatically reduced speed
-deal less damage
-take massively more damage (this breaks this mode basically as enemies get like +50% damage)
-move into a different formation

My suggestion would be: increase the speed in trample mode a bit (to reduce the need to micro) and change the defensive penalty to a 50% reduction of armor but I do not want to get into balance consideration too much, there are others who know better.

Edit: Played Finlad in Summer for the first time. My favored map now. Really gorgeous. And the Natives are great. Maybe we could have the Vinland Map renamed to Greenland to avoid confusion?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3