EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject:

Don't worry man, at least my thread is featuring in the home page again lol

Anyway, I would get some advantage of this .... what do you mean by "micro"

Quote:
to reduce the need to micro

I've seen that word very often and as I'm peruvian I'm not used to some terms...
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

It's short for micromanagement, meaning that you control the actions of individual units instead on relying on the computers group behaviour. For instance, you could tell several units in an army to fire at a specific enemy unit, rather than just selecting all of your units and right clicking on a random enemy.

Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
2.Riding School+Masscavalry+Rapid Mobilization (one of Prussia's unique university techs) means instant cavalry for Prussia

Not to mention they have an Age 4 card (Spanish riding school I believe) which increases speed by 10%... I think the Death-Heads can get up to 9+ speed (without natives)

Quote:
4. Poland has a nice card that increases your cavalry's capability during trample mode. As the mode is completly broken the card itself is pretty useless.

I disagree, I love that card. Especially when ambushing 50+ Strellets with 10 Hussars Mr. Green

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, they can be really quick. General Warcommissariat (+0,25) + Spanish Riding School (+1) + Camp Volant arsenal tech (+0,75) means 9,25speed if I'm correct.

Also the saber arsenal technology seems to be have invented particularly for DHH increasing their cav-multiplier from x3 to x4,5. I think the arsenal tech should be reworked anyway, shifting some new techs to the advanced arsenal while deleting others as a whole or moving some to the homecity as shipment.

About the shipment-it's actually called Glorious Charge- it's great basically. The mode itself is broken. 10 Hussars will destroy 50 strelets anytime, the problem is-if you use trample mode in this very situation it was created for most likely-your hussars take more damage and do not kill them particularly faster. There are various calculation examples out there in the net, some people have done a lot of testing so you might check them or proof it yourself in the editor.

Edit: Bavarian tech Jagdstutzen only increases rangedunits sight but not their range as mentioned in the description.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject:

thanks SAOL Smile

I also think that prussian cavarly is somewhat OP, but I think that it shouldnt be decresed too much, cause they dont have ranged cavarly to come fast to the battle field to help their melee cavarly, though their fusilers can be faster than normal ones.

and what about their infantery unites, schtuze and fusiler... they cost almost the same, but I think that schutzes turns to be much useful because of their greater hitpoints (compared to fusilers)

anyway, I wish you guys could comment about my last reply too. I wrote it for the team to read it but I also would like to know anyone's opinion Rolling Eyes
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

Prussias cavalry is absolutely ok even though a bit to quick maybe, but instant training is always unbalanced. Ironically as so many NE civs have instant units (while only standard Russia has it in AoEIII) the balance kind of goes through the roof.

The fusilier/musketeer (and nothing else is the Schütze at the very moment) issue is something that a lot of civs plague. There is no real point in having two units for the same purpose. At least not the way they are implented. Something that is also difficult to handle for the redesigned cheveauxlegers. There are simply not as many roles in AoE III (see below).

About your last reply-I see you reported some bugs, which is always nice. I cannot tell you much about the AI as I do not bother playing against AI.

Dutch banks are not imbalanced in any way though. You have a weak eco at the beginning, a very strong one in mid game but in the end you suck again because you lack settlers and bank do not generate as a lot of coin compared to (upgraded) settlers at plantations.

About the different type of units-enable advanced description in the game-options and then you will see all the types a unit belongs too.
Basically we have:
Heavy infantry: musketeers, fusiliers and melee infantry
Ranged infantry: skirmishers and archers and-special: Austrian Grenzers
Light infantry: special infantry that acts as cavalry, only available for some natives and asian civs
Heavy cavalry: basically all melee cavalry units
Light cavalry: "ranged/counter-cavalry", dragoons, mounted archers and-special: Prussia's Dead Head Hussar and American's Mounted Rifleman

Improving British Rifleman with the musketeer/grenadier combat card is actually a bad idea. They are very strong already and there a certain "rules" to how many units a shipment affects. If-there should be an extra card, dedicated to Rifleman only. I doubt this will happen with NE2.2, which will always remain buggy and unbalanced (NE civs vs standard civs etc.) to a certain extent I fear. But I have good hopes for NE3 sorting those issues out completly.

Sappers will be redone anyway, if I remember correctly. I could imagine them as some sort of field engineer with decent siege attack and the ability to build fortification structures. We'll see how they turn out.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

thanks Silmariel for the answer about the units Smile

I get that few people play against the IA, but I think that the bugs I've mentioned have to go away, the suggestions could be taken into consideration (I hope) or not... but at least it would be nice to have a non-buggy game against the IA, I mean the american villager staring at the ranch, italy not having a good number of merchants, miners and architecs trying to gather where they cant, and all these kind of stuff.

I agree about the instant training being always unbalanced and that it only benefits NE civs, I hope the Team could sort this out.

About the fusiler/musketeer issue, I prefer the fusiler always, but I understand the 2 units this way: fusiler-->good against cavalry but also good against infantery; musketeer-->good against cavalry, cheaper than fusiler. So at the start of the game when I have not very much money I use musketeers until I can start training cavalry in a repeatedly way. But I think that the Schutze should cost more cause is powerful than normal fusiler or musketeer.

And about the rifleman, well I havent thought about the "rules" I guess you're right, but 230 HP for a 2 pop unit? I think that it's really really low, their training time is also longer than the other units, an their cost is high compared to other units.... so I would go for 350 HP at least ... Rolling Eyes

btw, what about the french having the possibility to develop the capitol techs twice, first time at the capitol and second time at the market, could this have something to do with the french being OP??
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject:

Well, I hope that more people play against AI than against human players because otherwise the number of NE players would not be that great even though it has drastically improved in the recent months with decently playable versions. Either way, I'm pretty sure Tilanus will provide a final version with a decent AI. At least that's what germans are known for-delivering high-quilty products (at least that's what they claim themselves) Cool

Concering the Riflemen, I do not know their stats by heart but I think they have a decent rr and a great range-so the idea behind this unit-as with any skirmishing unit-is not to get hit at all. You call that kiting or hit&run. Also, how many hitpoints do other two pop infantry units (grenadiers?) have? Even cavalry units such as the Uhlan which takes up 2pop as well has less hitpoints! Plus if I'm right you can still train the strongest ranged Infantry unit-longbowmen.

Have you tested the ressource gather rates? While it's a minor mistake that techs have been assigned twice maybe one of them does not even work properly. If both of them work though, that is pretty unfair but a lot of games do not even reach Imperial. France's op-ness was always aligned with instant training cuirassiers. Now with several civs having instant units (such as the Prussian Death Head Hussar) that's not that extraordinary anymore. It's still a very decent all-around civ though.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, I hope that more people play against AI than against human players because otherwise the number of NE players would not be that great even though it has drastically improved in the recent months with decently playable versions. Either way, I'm pretty sure Tilanus will provide a final version with a decent AI. At least that's what germans are known for-delivering high-quilty products

I hope so Mr. Green

the only 2 pop infantery unit that comes to my mind it's the grenadier (400HP more with cards), and the teutonic knight (but as it's going to be replaced I dont take it into account), but anyway ... dragoons and uhlans are in 4 hundred something, and hussar are in 7 hundred something, and uhlans are weak but cost lest than hussars (100f and 50c). But the rifleman cost 95f and 95c so... I think it's really unbalanced, maybe if they could cost only 1 pop and less resources ... but still their HP are really low.

I have actually test the gather rates Mr. Green and if you first develop the techs at the capitol and then at the market, it increases your gathering rates twice, well I said that the french are OP cause every post I read it says that, but I havent played with them enough times to comment something intersting about them.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Well, next time add at which stage of development you checked the numbers. I thought those were veteran stats for riflemen for some weird reason. Now it is clear to me. I checked the unit ingame and afterwards the readme to NE's most recent version and indeed they have been nerfed drastically. They still have a great attack but their hp are in fact lower than skirmishers and even with their rangeresistance, they are not a terrific unit compared to generic skirmishers. But as all civs are being assessed and reviewed now maybe they will change it again. We'll see.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But as all civs are being assessed and reviewed now maybe they will change it again. We'll see.

yes, I hope they rework some units Mr. Green I just have to wait.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

It'd take too much to respond to every mentioned detail here, but I wanted to let you know that I made notes regarding the things you said. Here just a few answers:

AI (@Eduardo, if you would be so kind to use the correct spelling that would be great - there is no such thing as IA..)
If the Ai does not do, what it's supposed to do, try playing on a harder level. The current Ai comes with a few structural deficits that can not be changed on the fly. I think the AI is already pretty good and these structural deficits are likely to be fixed in NE3 than NE2.

British Rifleman
I might have a look on that, but basically this unit is not meant to be spammable for gameplay and historical reasons. Brits were historically pretty late with skirmisher-type units. And in regards of Brits gameplay, they already have the kickass Lbows as archaic but horribly cheap, powerful long-range skirms.

1pop on Riflemen would put no real restrictions on them, no matter how high the costs are as there is no limit on how much one can gather as opposed to max pop. 2pop keeps their costs levelled and prevents too large numbers.

Musketeers/Fusiliers
Fusiliers trade less HP, less melee resistance and slightly higher costs for more speed, more base damage and better boni stats. Also, contrary to Musks Fusiliers do have also ranged boni. So, while they fulfill a similar role, the differences aren't as fine and few that a choice between them is redundant.

Improvement techs/cards
I agree that the prior NE team made a series of unthoughtful decisions regarding stuff that makes units move and train faster. Silmariel's example is a good one. I'm not sure if we'll be able to find all of these cases, but the more you report to us the better are the chances for that.

@Silmariel: Care to bother naming that Polish card? Would speed up the fixing process a lot.

Disagreements
As I said, I'll not be able to address every single point you guys mentioned, but there have been various complaints/hints either about wrong descriptions, stats or wrong analyses (as I and other NE members think) on certain matters that we can not confirm or agree with. I currently don't know why is that (i.e. the wrong stat observations), but assume that there is either something wrong with your NE or that these things have been fixed on our site already and that I don't remember that this happened post-NE217b. While I can reproduce some cases on my side, I can't do so with others, neither with my current internal version nor my personal NE 2.1.7b installation. It's no accuse, but just an explanation for you guys when I say things are not the same for me as they are for you. Some examples for those cases are:
  • General Sapper OPness - can not fully agree with that, only in very specific situations (and then it's not OPness, but just well-played)
  • Wrong Finnish Greather Wrath stats - can not confirm that
  • Wrong Bayreuth Dragoon stats - can not confirm that
  • Followers can build in Stealth - can not confirm that
  • Criticized villager gather and building behaviour on 'Hard' (at least not in that extent) - can not confirm that

Additionally some suggestions here don't really make sense due to the lack of insight in the civs or playing in general. For example: Swiss don't get berrypickers, because they got very good berry-related HC cards already and Followers are best at gathering from berries right after Merchants. Also, imbalanced suggestions like including the already OP-flagged Swedish artillery/Leather cannons in additional Swedish artillery improvements or British Riflemen into British infantry boosters reveal either bias for a particular civ or simply a lack of sense for balance.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:

British Rifleman
I might have a look on that, but basically this unit is not meant to be spammable for gameplay and historical reasons. Brits were historically pretty late with skirmisher-type units. And in regards of Brits gameplay, they already have the kickass Lbows as archaic but horribly cheap, powerful long-range skirms. 1pop on Riflemen would put no real restrictions on them, no matter how high the costs are as there is no limit on how much one can gather as opposed to max pop. 2pop keeps their costs levelled and prevents too large numbers.

Increasing their range to 22 (24 before the nerf, 19 now) would absolutely justify their momentarily stats imo.

Quote:
Musketeers/Fusiliers
Fusiliers trade less HP, less melee resistance and slightly higher costs for more speed, more base damage and better boni stats. Also, contrary to Musks Fusiliers do have also ranged boni. So, while they fulfill a similar role, the differences aren't as fine and few that a choice between them is redundant.

I think the whole concept of this unit is problematic. There is a reason this unit template was only used for one overpriced and random (read: mercenary) unit which is the swedish fusilier. Their higher speed allows them over/outrun skirmishers which should actually counter this unit, not to speak of artillery. I understand the need to counter light cavalry such as dragoons (at least this was named as reason for the introduction of the fusilier in the according Unit Showcase) but this is in fact the skirmishers role.

Quote:
Improvement techs/cards
I agree that the prior NE team made a series of unthoughtful decisions regarding stuff that makes units move and train faster. Silmariel's example is a good one. I'm not sure if we'll be able to find all of these cases, but the more you report to us the better are the chances for that.

I'm pretty sure I reported all of them during the years but I can make up a quick list of fast-spawning units right now again. I'm only checking hc-shipments so one would have to test them out ingame which I lack time for right now. First of all a quick introduction on standard train-time-reduction-techs to save myself some time.
Standing Army (SA) and Mass Cavalry(MC) which decrease infantry/cavalry train time by 25%/40% and are available for all european nations and Japan via their Dutch consulate allies at the church.
Most civilizations also have standard shipments which decrease unit train time which are called Fencing School (inf), Riding School (cav) and Engineering School (art) and decrease train time for their according unit by 40%. NE also introduced quick training artillery with a Capitol tech (-50% if I'm correct). Now to the special boni (NE civs only):

Americans:
Infantry (SA, Fencing School, Ellis Island -30%, French Army -10%) Exclamation
Cavalry (MC, Riding School, Ellis Island -30%, French Army -10%) Exclamation
Artillery (French Army -10%, Capitol)
Lack Engineering School

Austria:
-Grenzer (are they labelled as light infantry? Because they are only affected by SA and Military frontier (-25%) as Austria lacks fencing schoolmaking all their infantry except Grenzers train terrible slowly) Exclamation
-Cavalry (MC, Riding School and TEAM Balkan Cavalry -25% [even though Austria was more famous for it's Puszta-cavalry which is not the Balkan) Exclamation
-Natives (Indigenes Bündnis -40%, Advanced Embassy -100% [only at native embassies though]) Exclamation
Lack Engineering School and Fencing School

HRE:
Archaic Infantry (SA, Fencing School, Thirty years war-this was basicaly fixed I think). Banner armies still train very slow I believe because they are not affected by standard techs.
Lack Engineering School

Italy:
Crossbows+Pavise (SA, Fencing School, Citizien Milita -50%) Exclamation
Mercenary (Mercenary Contracts -85%, still benefit from other techs according to their unit type) Exclamation
Culverins (TEAM Early Culverins -60%, Capitol)
Lack Engineering School

Poland:
Infantry(SA, Poszoplite Ruszenjie [excuse for wrong spelling] -50%)
Lack Engineering School and Fencing School

Prussia:
-Cavalry (MC, Riding School, Spanish Riding School -40%, Rapid Mobilization at the university -15%) Exclamation
-Infantry (SA, Fencing School, Rapid Mobilization)
Lack Engineering School

Sweden:
Infantry (SA, Fencing School, Allotment System -30%) Exclamation
Cavalry (MC, Riding School, Allotment System -30%) Exclamation
Artillery (Engineering School, Capitol, Allotment System -30%) Exclamation
Horse Artillery ((Engineering School, Capitol, Allotment System -30%,TEAM Early Horse Artillery -30%)

Swiss:
Hand Infantry (SA, Fencing School, TEAM Peasant Mility -35%) Exclamation
Lack Riding School and Engineering School

Absolutely pointless in thrit op-ness are the two EARLY-Artillery cards of Sweden and Italy. Not only do they provide extreme decrease in train time but also a foundry wagon in age I. To make it even more absurd both are team cards and also improve their respective unit's combat abilities. Main reason for this shipment is still to have them availble an age earlier. Ridicolously impressive list of boni for an AGE I shipment.
Quote:
@Silmariel: Care to bother naming that Polish card? Would speed up the fixing process a lot.

If you allow me to quote myself:
Silmariel wrote:
About the shipment-it's actually called Glorious Charge-(...)
But remember: the shipment is good but basically useless as the mode itself is broken.

Quote:
[*]Wrong Finnish Greather Wrath stats - can not confirm that

I was wrong about the as it's not a relative improvement it provides but rather a absolute one (so it's not +15% but +15.0 attack)

Quote:
[*]Wrong Bayreuth Dragoon stats - can not confirm that

They do not have wrong stats but a wrong name. Their stats are industrial/guard dragoon stats (which they should be) but they are named Veteran Dragoons even though they should be named Ansbach Dragoons or at least Guard Dragoons. Sending the shipment a second time corrects this one and names both badges of Dragoons correctly Ansbach Dragoons.

Quote:
Additionally some suggestions here don't really make sense due to the lack of insight in the civs or playing in general. For example: Swiss don't get berrypickers, because they got very good berry-related HC cards already and Followers are best at gathering from berries right after Merchants. (...)

I am also not a friend at all of those berrypicker-techs at mills and plantations. Imo no one should have them as it allows yourself to exploit food-sources right next to your tc faster and allows yourself to stay in the base longer. This is deadly for raiding and aggressive map-control games (also a reason why japan is so hard to come by in generic aoe III games. they dont have need to expose their villagers for hunting. The polish farming bonus goes also in that direction but the need to have a number of farms for age up compensates that bonus.). Also it's only available for europeans leaving asians and native americans behind. I would skip them because you gain not much while creating unintentional shiftings in balance. Berries are suppossed to be picked slowly because they are a safe and steady source of food.

New bug noticed: Jäkaari and Gebirgsschützen have ranged boni against light infantry (i.e. cavalry-infantry) which is I believe not intentional but another case of misguided use of the misleading lightinfantry tag.

PS: Was the model of the harbour in the Swiss homecity changed? It's the german model now and it absolutely does not fit and I'm pretty sure it was something else in earlier versions.

PPS: I thought there once were some very nice AI-portraits done by the team. I'm wondering what has become of them? I would really like to see them ingame one day as they for sure look better than the current ones.
EduardoXV
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
AI (@Eduardo, if you would be so kind to use the correct spelling that would be great - there is no such thing as IA..)

I'm sorry, I try to write as good as I can, though I forgot about somethings.

Quote:
If the Ai does not do, what it's supposed to do, try playing on a harder level. The current Ai comes with a few structural deficits that can not be changed on the fly. I think the AI is already pretty good and these structural deficits are likely to be fixed in NE3 than NE2.

I've already said that I played every game on expert, however I would play on hard as you said it's the best level for the AI.
I understand that the AI is not a priority and it obviously has its deficits, and I really dont want to look like a crying baby talking and talking about these things but I thing that at least these 3 things should be fixed for the final NE2, because they affect DRASTICALLY the civs' economy, making them not eligible to play as allies or enemies.

SWISS: followers dont switch their tactis back and this dont let them hunt. And more supplywagons as you said: "would be better"
ITALIANS: a really reduced numer of merchants (~41), I think the AI dont send enough city cards(I also think that Papal States card should always be in the AI's deck). And the no construction of the Basilica.
AMERICANS: the problem with many villagers staring at the ranch doing nothing.

I would definitely play on level hard, to see if these issues happens in this level too(not only on expert), and I will let you know Mr. Green

Quote:
British Rifleman
I might have a look on that, but basically this unit is not meant to be spammable for gameplay and historical reasons. Brits were historically pretty late with skirmisher-type units. And in regards of Brits gameplay, they already have the kickass Lbows as archaic but horribly cheap, powerful long-range skirms.

1pop on Riflemen would put no real restrictions on them, no matter how high the costs are as there is no limit on how much one can gather as opposed to max pop. 2pop keeps their costs levelled and prevents too large numbers.

well, just and idea for the unit: You could have 20 rifleman as maximun, like the Pancerni for the poles, in this way they could have more HP, and cost only 1 pop. What do you think?
Btw, the Lbows boni needs a HC shipment and they are not that cheap, they cost the same amoount of resources as the musketeers, and they cost wood wich is hard to gather in late game.

Quote:
Disagreements
As I said, I'll not be able to address every single point you guys mentioned, but there have been various complaints/hints either about wrong descriptions, stats or wrong analyses (as I and other NE members think) on certain matters that we can not confirm or agree with. I currently don't know why is that (i.e. the wrong stat observations), but assume that there is either something wrong with your NE or that these things have been fixed on our site already and that I don't remember that this happened post-NE217b. While I can reproduce some cases on my side, I can't do so with others, neither with my current internal version nor my personal NE 2.1.7b installation. It's no accuse, but just an explanation for you guys when I say things are not the same for me as they are for you. Some examples for those cases are:

About stats I said: all of them were at the maximum, with all the techs and shipments implemented.... anyway I'm planning to reinstall NE so if there's something different (wich I really dont think will happen)I'll report it.

Quote:
Also, imbalanced suggestions like including the already OP-flagged Swedish artillery/Leather cannons in additional Swedish artillery improvements or British Riflemen into British infantry boosters reveal either bias for a particular civ or simply a lack of sense for balance.

Again SORRY, I wasnt aware of "certain rules" for HC shipments so I didnt have that in mind, but I know that now cause Silmariel said it, so if I suggest something stupid again please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

I will add something: there's a card for the french that allows them to have infinite forts .... someone already report it, I think it's really OP. You could wall your city with forts Neutral
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

I add a quick list of faster moving units as well even though they are not such a big problem as fast training ones. Even in generic AoE you have absurdly quickly units such as Sioux's dog soldiers with their warchief (~10 speed). Generic tech thats increase speed are the "Military Drummers" in the advanced arsenal which increases infantry speed by 10% and Trunion with the AA as well which increases art's peed by 10%. NE added the Camp-Volant with the Advanced Arsenal which increases light cavalry's speed by 0.75 meaning that they can get 8 speed normally. Several shipments have been introduced most of them are not groundbreaking. I will not add church techs such as the British "Red Line" which in fact decrease speed. Certain Natives also provide speed boni which are not noted here.

America:
Plains Cavalry (cav +10%)
Great Bomb Run (Petard +25%)

Austria:
Skirmishing tactics (strangely affects only Grenzers but not Skirmishers, +0.5 speed. Also increases Grenzer's range, both things are absolutely necessary so that Grenzers can fulfill their role of an anti-skirmisher because now they eventually have the same range as skirms and can outrun them)

HRE:
Tilly's Discipline (inf +20%, but more expensive)
Spanish Riding School (cav +10%. This is a tricky one. It was a german shipment because AoE III's Germans comprises Prussia, Austria and HRE as a single civ. You can also see this by the Polish Winged Hussar shipment, which is hinting at Sobieski saving Vienna sieged by Ottomans in 1683 with his Hussaria. Historically wrong this shipment is now with Prussia instead with Austria [could play out nicely as a unqiue church tech replacing Bohemian Tabors]. Same with Spanish Riding School which is basically a world-wide known Austrian institution and a must-see for anyone visting Vienna. Balancing-wise this was introduced to make the german anti-cavalry, the warwagons less clumsy and easier to move as they are slower than any other light cavalry. )*

Italy:
TEAM Caracole (light cavalry +0.5)
Bersaglieri (Sharpshooter +20%)

Poland:
Glorious Charge (Hussar, Slazchic, Pancerni +0.5)

Prussia:
Rapid Mobilization (university tech, inf+cav +10% speed)
General Staff (+0.25 speed for DHH)
Spanish Riding School (cav +10%. See above. This is basically a mismatch, historically and blancing wise. In additon it was also improved for Prussians to make cavalry train faster for no obvious reason)

Sweden:
Cronstedt Reforms (artillery +15%)
Savolax Jagerregemente (Skirmishers +20%)

Swiss:
Marching Order (infantry and follower +15%)

*Continuing my rant about most of Austria's iconic attributes shifted to Prussia: Also Lippizaner Cavalry (increases Uhlans combat abilities) is austrian.Lippizaner are the very horses trained at the Spanish Riding School. This institution is nearly as iconic for Austria as is Hitler for Germany, if this little joke is allowed here.
Spoiler:

for those of you who do not know-Hitler was of course Austrian.

Another bug: Sweden starts with so many ressource crates on deccan they can age up instantly (i.e. after all food crates are collected) which is somehwat after 30 seconds.

@Eduardo:
British Archer are a very sick unit and feared in multiplayer games. They have absurd range and are easy to mass for brits who have to collect food and wood for settler production anyway. There is already one upgrade for them and that's enough because it increases their range even more (to 26-they even beat falconets now) and makes guard and imperial upgradesavailable for a unit that is actually suppossed to be outdated after age III. So no need for another upgrade. Brits play out pretty fine right now.

Unlimited forts is not that good because you can easily beat them with siege units such as grenadiers/sappers/petards/mortars. Also an unlimited amount of forts is available for revolution civs. And Mr.Vaubaun simply buildt quite a lot of cute and deadly fortresses in his life. This is actually absolute ok imo.[/spoiler]
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

I marked now all units I deem problematic with a Exclamation except the aforementioned Swedish and Italian Early-Artillery-Shipment (due to a restriction of symbols in a single post) for easier use. Fixing those would drastically increase NE's balance and I believe nobody would mind if you removed the instant training French cuirassiers as well.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3