Fallout 4
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Fallout 4

I don't know why I assume this but I have built a semi-outline for Fallout 4 and assuming some of you have played it I figured it would be cool to see your opinions.

Fallout 4:Project Appalachia

Idea: This Fallout would take place in the American South, with a focus on the Appalachians. Most of the cities have been destroyed, so unlike many of the previous games there will be now city to center the game on. I do this because I felt many of the previous Fallouts have been very centered around one city, such as Washington D.C or New Vegas. I especially felt that New Vegas felt very much rigged to bring you to New Vegas, I felt you had to follow the main road. In Project Appalachia there would be dozens of country roads you could follow to small towns. Of course you could follow the Appalachian Trail which divides the map in to two halves. So as you can see I am aiming for a more open-world map.

Starter Story: When the player was born his mom had to abandon him for unknown reasons. She found a vault meant for a US Senator and his family and dropped the baby player at its doors. The robots inside brought the player in as they assumed it was the Senator’s son. One of the Mister Handy robots, which had been programmed to watch the Senator’s children, raised the child. When the player reached 17 the robots realized that the player wanted to leave as you were quite adventurous. The medical Mister Handy checked out the player, here the player may choose some of their character traits(see below) and tagged skills. The medical Mister Handy then leads the player into a room, the room has: a safe, a broken hand gun(see Weapons), and a lab kit. The Mister handy gives the player a key to a locker so the player may get some starter supplies: a gun, some stimpacks, ammo, some bobby pins, and an almost broken Armored Vault Suit. The player can also try and use their lock pick to open the safe, use their repair skill to open the safe, and use their science skill to make chems or meds at the lab kit. This room is similar to Doc Mitchell’s office. The Mister Handy gives the player a Pip-Boy. The player then leaves the vault and begins their exploration of a new world. The character also starts a quest to find their Mom or Dad.

Character Traits: I have no current plans but traits such as small frame, four eyes, and others would comeback along with some new ones related to your build and what you did in the vault.

Tier I Weapons: All Fallout games have had their weapons you get near the beginning. Fallout NV had the single shotgun, the varmint rifle, the 357 revolver, the shovel, the knife, the 9mm pistol, and 9mm SMG, etc. Here are the starter weapons for this game.

9mm pistol: Does 17 dmg, worth 110 caps, uses 9mm ammo. This is the gun the Mister Handy will hand you and will be used by Raiders and wastelanders

.22 Revolver: Does 15 dmg, worth 98 caps, uses .22 ammo.This is a smaller gun, a good hold out weapon, commonly used by wastelanders.

Varmint Rifle: Does 19 dmg, worth 122 caps, uses .22 ammo. A small rifle that pre-war hunters used to dispatch beavers and small mammals, raiders now use it along with some wastelanders. It is the weapon you can repair in the tutorial room.

44 Magnum: Does 18 dmg, worth 115 caps, uses .44 rounds. A magnum revolver that is more powerful but is also more rare.

Single Shotgun: Does 45.5(6.5x7) dmg, worth 170 caps, uses 20ga. A shotgun used before the war for bird hunting, now used by wastelanders to kill animals and raiders use it to kill wastelanders.

Buck Knife: Does 6 dmg, worth 43 caps. It’s an all around knife used by many people and groups.

Shovel: Does 5 dmg, worth 40 caps.A shovel the player may use to dig up graves, treasure, also can be used to kill people.

Machete: Does 7 dmg, worth 50 caps.A machete the player may use, found very often in cabins or shacks.

Spear: Does 7 dmg, worth 57 caps.A spear the character may craft using a buck knife and a long stick. Has a long reach.

Javelin: Does 8 dmg, worth 57 caps.A javelin the player may craft using the same recipe as the spear but unlike the spear is a projectile.

Lead Pipe: Does 4 damage, worth 30 caps.A lead pipe that is used by thugs, can be found in shacks and tool sheds.

Hatchet: Does 6 dmg, worth 45 caps. A hatchet, used to clear limbs or chop them off your enemies.

Baseball Bat: Does 4.3 dmg, worth 32 caps.A baseball bat, found in cabins, schools, and in the hands of raiders.

If you see any major balance issues(such as OP or UP weapons) please leave a comment.

First Towns: Once you have exited the vault you will find yourself on a ridge with a wonderful view of a valley full of hickory and oak trees. You will see smoke in the distance and get a quest to investigate it. The player will climb down and see an old county road which leads to the town. The character may follow the road to go to the town or go into the wilderness, see below. The player will then see a sign made of scrap wood reading "Lee's Point". The character will then see several cabins and shacks, about 9 buildings, surrounded by a scrap metal wall with barbwire at some spots. The player will approach the gate to be stopped by a guard, after a brief conversation the player will be let in. The town will have a bar, several homes, a small general store, and a clinic, Similar to Goodsprings. The player can go to the bar to inquire about the town. The mayor will be present and explain it is just a small settlement of survivors who have band together. The mayor will then mention a problem the town has and ask the player for help. The player will learn that a raider group called the Copperheads are threatening the town. The player will be asked to stay and help defend the town. Here the player may choose to stay and help defend or find the raider base and join them. Either way the raiders will be equipped with Varmint Rifles, .22 Revolvers, and buck knifes. The leader of the group will have a .44 magnum. If the character helps the town they will receive 200 caps, some food and water(if on Hardcore mode this is more helpful), some ammo, and a discount at all the town’s stores. If the player helps the raiders then they will receive 250 caps, some dynamite, and some ammo, and the Copperheads will no longer be aggressive. The character will also get a repetitive misc. quest from either side. The town general store after the siege, if the character helped the town, will give a quest every day called “Gather Food“, where the character must go and hunt or gather or scavenge food from the wilderness and bring it back for some experience and some caps. If the raiders were helped every three days they will give the quest “Help on a Raid” , in which the character will help the raiders attack a caravan and the player will get 50% of what the caravan has.

Wilderness
The wilderness in this world will be a recovering hardwood forest full of hickory and oak trees. Early on the character will encounter wild coyotes, deer, and mutated coons and possums. Other creatures will include mutated boar, yao gui(mutated black bear), massive four-horned deer, and other such mutated Appalachian creatures, even some crazy ones like giant squirrels that can kill you. This wilderness will include the common Fallout foes like molerats, radroaches, deathclaws, and cazadors as well. Water can be found in many small streams and creeks but be careful they are irradiated. The terrain of the land is hilly, as one would expect. The land will have many raider camps and if one really wants adventure they can crawl through an old coal mine; coal mines will be small, dark places full of wild animals, ghouls mutated to live in pitch-black, and some raiders at the entrance. The wilderness is essentially a mutated forest with many Fallout-esque tones.

Please continuing leaving comments to figure out what to discuss next.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject:

I've never played fallout actually, so I don't think I can add much value because of my lack of experience.

A quick look at the Wikipedia page suggests Fallout 4 already is in production though... so... wouldn't this be a little late?

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

There is no definite production from what I know, and if you have not played does the concept above sound interesting/ you would play it because I would consider that good. Though truly I could use ideas or comments.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

I probably wouldn't, but that's primarily because I'm not particularly interested in this kind of games.

As far as the story goes I think it's a pretty good start. However, I think the cuckooing of the presidential bunker is a bit far fetched. It just seems a bit implausible.

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject:

Considering Fallout New Vegas only happens because your character lives through a headshot, I don't know how odd it is but I may change the beginning.

Anything Else?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

People have survived getting shot an pierced in the head Razz

No, I think I like the general premise otherwise. The question os how you would progress, and how the story would end...

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject:

That is yet to be seen but I will work on it some more today, see what I can come up with, that is kinda of why I posted this here, to get ideas.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, I suppose it has to be something with an excuse to shoot people along the way?

Perhaps throw some animals into the mix?

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Indeed many mutated animals, maybe a four-horned mutant deer and killer toddler -sized possums
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

How about making the main character save/befriend some wild dog or something?

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking maybe a hound of some sort, and I think I have a new introduction story:
So as most Fallout players know the Vaults were actually psychological experiments never meant to save anyone; in your vault, Vault 76, the experiment was to see what happened when a baby was raised without human influence with only robots and the robots would teach the baby what it was to be American and human, your character is the result, from here add tutorial of the original story

Is that a better intro story?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I think so, even if it is doubtful a baby would survive such treatment. Lots of things to learn about in the real world. Empathy, for once. Razz

A dog of some sort would be the obvious choice. I suppose the setting demands something rather more Baskervillian than Lassie?

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Maybe even a beagle, right now we need to focus on what is in the wilderness directly outside the vault, I have a few ideas but first I would like to here the forum's
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Quite heavy vegitation.

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject:

I imagine hickory and oak, only issue is according to the Fallout universe such trees have lost their leaves but in my opinion I think after so many years that trees would regain leaves and foliage would reappear
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Yes. Look at some images from Tjernobyl.

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2