New Civs...New Decks...What are your must haves?

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: New Civs...New Decks...What are your must haves?

For NE there don't seem to be any threads about must have decks.

What are your must have decks when it comes to NE Supremacy with the new/modified civs?
Edeholland
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject:

Hello there! There are indeed not many threads about decks, but there are threads about strategies. And with every strategy comes a deck that needs to be used there.

I am currently writing and reviewing all the civs from NE, but if you have any question regarding 1 specific civ, I can give you a recommendation. I know the original civs the best of course, but I can help you quite a bit I think. Of course, there is always a personal preference or other people that know NE better than me.
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

As Edeholland said, the deck depends on your strategy, the type of game (rush/treaty), the map, the opponent's strategy etc.... And since there aren't that much topics about them on this website... lol (but there are some!)

But I suppose it's also due to the fact that NE is evolving as you pointed out, and therefore some strategies aren't that appropriate anymore (or new ones appear) !

Afterall, the deck isn't always that important (the top players have fun sometimes not using them at all Razz), but more often there are some "key" cards that you got to have depending on your civilization.

So for ex. with the Swiss, rush is a nice and easy strategy. There are different types of rush but here's one:
1st card: 300 gold (age I) Arrow for building bivouacs
2st card: 8 reisläufer (age II) Arrow while you gather food and wood with your settler, you train bowmen and so with the reisläufer, you have a polyvalent army. If well done, you should have like 10-15 bows + 8 piks in 5 min.
Also, with the card age I +65% hp for your followers, you can have quiet OP villagers too.

That's just an example, but you can have plenty of different decks for each civ! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1