Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject:

Orwell wrote:
Why is it all about mystery with you people Mr. Green . Ok, oh and maybe a Seljuk Turk(though one could say the Ottomans represent them) native for Anatolian/Levant/Aegean maps?

The Seljuq is a medieval thing, so no. We are considering many new maps and natives and we are actually sketching them. Since I'm responsible for researching and sketching I thought that you guys could give me some good ideas. Not every native we have planned will be present on NE 2.2. This would delay the mod. Also take in mind that NE 2.2 is not the end of the project. There will be further rework after it. The original civilizations might still need improvements and NE ones as well. Also NE 2.2 will feature the first versions of the Danes and Persian civilizations, so they will have to be reworked after you and other NE fans give us your feedback. Wink
Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject:

May I ask if Persia focusses more on Safavid/Qajar/ Timurid?
chris17
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Firestorm wrote:
Greeks are planned for NE 2.2 Smile They are almost done. We are still considering a special feature that could be added to them. They are amazing, I'm sure you will like them. They will be the very first natives from the "problematic" Balkan area.

That's cool to know, could I ask what other Balkan natives you are planning? I'd be really interested to help you with them.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for offering us your help Christos! I'm sure you can be very useful to us on this matter Smile Except the greeks the NE team has made a few sketchs about NAT Wallachians and Serbians. I still don't have them yet because they are not planned for NE 2.2. It also depends on the maps. There are plans about 5 or 6 maps on the Balkan area alone. You know our region is very important, between Europe and Asia Wink Maybe if some of them will get ready in time for NE 2.2, then we might add other Balkan natives.
chris17
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Well, those are some good choices. I'd say Arnauts are another great possibility, as they were really military-focused.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

chris17 wrote:
Well, those are some good choices. I'd say Arnauts are another great possibility, as they were really military-focused.

Actually I'm planning an Albanian (Arnaut) fusilier unit as a mercenary on western balkan maps. But I will have to wait until the maps are ready! Well unless Tilanus asks me to make a full NAT site for them.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

You can add a new headline "MERC" in our research doc and list the Arnaut there as a suggestions by ideally providing pics and rough stats already. Wink

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
You can add a new headline "MERC" in our research doc and list the Arnaut there as a suggestions by ideally providing pics and rough stats already. Wink

Well, I will do it! But currently I'm busy with the Persians right now Smile But I will not call it Arnaut, this is just the turkish name for Albanian. I will suggest other albanian names for it.
Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Is there any topic or way I could suggest Persian units and what dynasty should I focus on for suggestions?
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Orwell wrote:
Is there any topic or way I could suggest Persian units and what dynasty should I focus on for suggestions?

You can create a new topic if you want Wink Napoleonic Era mod's timeline is 1555-1815. Regarding NE Persians, we are focused mostly on Safavid and Afsharid dynasties. Please don't post it at this topic, because it has other purposes.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

We're trying to cover all Persian dynasties from Safavid until Qajars, that includes the Zand and Afsharids to some degree. Largest share goes to the Safavids I would say though. Military-wise only the Qajars were quite different compared to the others.

There's not really a dedicated thread for Persians right now, but there is this thread which you can use: http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1837
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

A bunch of ideas:

There are at least two nations in Europe deserving a native status: Hungarians and Czechs. I think no explanation is needed.

A map I'd personally love to see is Livonia, it was constantly fought over by Poles, Swedes and Russians. Therefore a native tribe present there should be Curonians.

Greeks and Serbs for Balkan maps would also be great. To fill the last holes in the map it would be nice to have Vlachs.

I'd also think about the smaller states of former Holy Roman Empire, most noticeably about Savoisians.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject:

Hello Pawelec!
There are already researches by the NE team for Wallachians, Greeks, Serbs and Hungarians. Probably all of them will become natives in the future. I'm quite interested of your idea about Curonians thought. Any idea about their unit(s) and techs?
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

Pawelec_POLAND wrote:
There are at least two nations in Europe deserving a native status: Hungarians and Czechs. I think no explanation is needed.

Czechs would be Bohemians. The latter are already covered to large parts in the Austrian civ and I struggle to find anything interesting about Bohemia during the NE timeline. Could you fancy anything?

Quote:
A map I'd personally love to see is Livonia, it was constantly fought over by Poles, Swedes and Russians. Therefore a native tribe present there should be Curonians.

I agree. We have planned a map in that region already (actually all Europe is covered with map plans), but with other natives. Couronians would only be limited to sea as I see it and therefore limited to such a map. I usually try to avoid natives though that appear only on one map. Therefore I'd prefer Balts that could also be used in the hinterland. Courland may then possibly provide 1-2 techs to them, but mainly merge into the Polish civ.

Quote:
Greeks and Serbs for Balkan maps would also be great. To fill the last holes in the map it would be nice to have Vlachs.

As Firestorm said, all planned.

Quote:
I'd also think about the smaller states of former Holy Roman Empire, most noticeably about Savoisians.

Are you referring to Savoy with Savoisians? Because the inhabitants are called Savoyards or Savoyans. They are interesting indeed, but I rather see them as an Italian civ as Savoy was part of the Kingdom of Sardinia.

As you might have noticed, finding native civs for European maps that can spread to more than just one map is a tough thing. Which is exactly the reason why I created another type of natives solely for Europe (which I'm not going to reveal yet). Mr. Green

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Savoisians refers to people of Savoy living there before annexation to France. Savoyard is a term which came into common use later. Therefore in this mod I would call the natives Savoisians. And if you think they were under Italian control, you're wrong. They played a very important role for France, Italy, Switzerland and Spain and remained completely independent until the Congress of Vienna. While it may be strange to include them as natives while unified Italy is present in the mod I'd still consider introducing them.

During the reign of Maria Theresa both Bohemian and Moravian populations nearly quadrupled. Crown of Bohemia underwent rapid economic growth, especially production of cloth increased. I know no military means no place for a nation in RTS, but still...

I'm also lacking other, not very military-active natives, the Palatines. I think omitting the leader of Evangelical Union is a mistake. Also, consider the prestige of the electoral title.

The Balts are a good solution, you can include many nations (not only Curonians, but Latvians, Semigalians etc.) with them, so I won't complain. And I'm glad the Carpathian and Balkan region are going to be populated properly.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Pawelec_POLAND wrote:
Savoisians refers to people of Savoy living there before annexation to France. Savoyard is a term which came into common use later. Therefore in this mod I would call the natives Savoisians. And if you think they were under Italian control, you're wrong. They played a very important role for France, Italy, Switzerland and Spain and remained completely independent until the Congress of Vienna. While it may be strange to include them as natives while unified Italy is present in the mod I'd still consider introducing them.

Just a quick quote from wikipedia:
"In 1714, as a consequence of the War of the Spanish Succession, Savoy was technically subsumed into the Kingdom of Sicily, then (after that island was traded to Austria for Sardinia) the Kingdom of Sardinia from 1720. While the heads of the House of Savoy were known as the Kings of Sardinia, Turin remained their capital."

Savoy will not become a native civ.

Quote:
During the reign of Maria Theresa both Bohemian and Moravian populations nearly quadrupled. Crown of Bohemia underwent rapid economic growth, especially production of cloth increased. I know no military means no place for a nation in RTS, but still...

I'm also lacking other, not very military-active natives, the Palatines. I think omitting the leader of Evangelical Union is a mistake. Also, consider the prestige of the electoral title.

You summarized all the issues of a Bohemian native civ and parallels to the Austrian civ. So as long as I see no perspective for Bohemians, there won't be a native civ called like that either.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7