Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Saxony
-electorate
-reformation
-Saxony-Poland

Units:
Saxon Guard Cavalry/GdC (buildlimit 3 or 4)
[Settlerwagon]

Tech:

Leipziger Messe: drastically improved change-rates at markets (+-40%?)
Elbflorenz: Ships and equestrian statue and increases XP-bounty for buildings by 50%
Reformation (Wittenberg!): ships a priest and grants the effects of the Swedish Reformation shipment
Bergakademie (Freiberg!): increases mining rates by 10%/10 minutes and ships 3-1/10 minutes silvermines (similar to the Swedish mine). While your knowledge about mining techniques increases the local resources become exhausted.
Meißner Porzellan: decreases economic improvements' gold cost
Wettiner Dynasty: increases unit buildlimit (for a total of 5 GdC)
Augusteisches Zeitalter: ships a mixed force of Saxon and Polish Cavalry (similar to Grandduchy of Finland, lategame)

Expanding the existing German natives:
Württemberg:
(Schwäbische) Reichsritterschaft: ships an increasing amount of Black Riders/Elemeti over time
Bodenseekrieg: ships flatbottomed boats/enables them at your docks and increases their hp as well as granting them an attack (similar to Indian fishing boats, simply placing one of those colonial militia units with a gun if that's possible)
German Imperial Army <=> Haus Württemberg: increases the number of Mounted Grenadiers you can train

Westphalia (I'm not really sure which state they actually represent; due to the Black Brunswicker it should be Electorate of Hanover I guess?)
Welfen-Dynasty: increases the number of Black Brunswickers you can train
Kurhannoversche Landesaufnahme: reveals map for a short time or reveals all mines/tradeposts for the rest of the game
Act of Settlement: ships British units (again, a lategame tech like Grandduchy of Finland)
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Silmariel wrote:
Saxony
-electorate
-reformation
-Saxony-Poland

Units:
Saxon Guard Cavalry/GdC (buildlimit 3 or 4)
[Settlerwagon]

Tech:

Leipziger Messe: drastically improved change-rates at markets (+-40%?)
Elbflorenz: Ships and equestrian statue and increases XP-bounty for buildings by 50%
Reformation (Wittenberg!): ships a priest and grants the effects of the Swedish Reformation shipment
Bergakademie (Freiberg!): increases mining rates by 10%/10 minutes and ships 3-1/10 minutes silvermines (similar to the Swedish mine). While your knowledge about mining techniques increases the local resources become exhausted.
Meißner Porzellan: decreases economic improvements' gold cost
Wettiner Dynasty: increases unit buildlimit (for a total of 5 GdC)
Augusteisches Zeitalter: ships a mixed force of Saxon and Polish Cavalry (similar to Grandduchy of Finland, lategame)

Funny, funny, funny Mr. Green

I have a long design history with the Saxons for NE. Due to my recent trip to Dresden and surroundings it got a special topicality. The Saxons are actually one of the three main electorates to be featured within the HRE, but I did plan to make Saxon natives nonetheless. Also with a heavy cavalry unit and Meißener Porzellan (with a fancier effect than yours though). I have noted these techs as well and will have a look on them once time is due. Wink

Quote:
Expanding the existing German natives:
Württemberg:
(Schwäbische) Reichsritterschaft: ships an increasing amount of Black Riders/Elemeti over time
Bodenseekrieg: ships flatbottomed boats/enables them at your docks and increases their hp as well as granting them an attack (similar to Indian fishing boats, simply placing one of those colonial militia units with a gun if that's possible)
German Imperial Army <=> Haus Württemberg: increases the number of Mounted Grenadiers you can train

Thanks, I noted these ideas. The Bodensee tech is a bit pointless though, since Wurttembergers would not spawn on sea maps. The Swabian Imperial Knights are basically featured through the Franconian Reichsritter card (Franconia being a part of Swabia). I know you'd like Pappenheimers instead. Razz

Quote:
Westphalia (I'm not really sure which state they actually represent; due to the Black Brunswicker it should be Electorate of Hanover I guess?)
Welfen-Dynasty: increases the number of Black Brunswickers you can train
Kurhannoversche Landesaufnahme: reveals map for a short time or reveals all mines/tradeposts for the rest of the game
Act of Settlement: ships British units (again, a lategame tech like Grandduchy of Finland)

Westphalians are likely to get replaced by another more prestigious native. They do represent right now the Napoleonic client state 'Kingdom of Westphalia'. Black Brunswickers will stay in another way in the mod. Wink I'm not a fan of the Welfen tech, but I'm interested in the historical background of the other 2 techs, could you provide some links? That'd be great! Mr. Green

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
rewenger.
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I have noticed that none have mentioned Norwegians as an native nation in this thread, they did take part in the Napoleonic war in the Denmark-Norway coalition, and were in constant threat from the Swedish that invaded Norway several times while Norway were under Danish rule.

Some tech ideas for Norway would be towards ships and defenses, since the Norwegians were renown for their forts along the Norwegian - Swedish border, example of this is the Frediksten fortress (were Carlous XII were killed) and Kongsvigner fortress both were star fortresses.

AS for units i think a good musketeer type of unit (not the Ski troop that all have been talking about) that have good defensive stats, good mobility and low attack, with red and blue uniforms.

Norwegian uniforms of 1814.

tip for a Norwegian map, highly forested map with lots of hills and good amount of water in south part, spawn in east/west.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey rewenger, nice to see you back! Smile

Norwegians as native civ make little to basically no sense in NE. If anything, there might be a Norway map and that's pretty much the only place where these natives could be shown. We try to keep the amount of one-map natives as low as possible. Current one-map natives are the Finns, even though we see possibilities to have them on further, unreleased maps. I don't see this happening for Norwegians.

Thus I'd much rather want to include Norwegian units into the Danish civ. May I ask as how elitary and skilled in marksmanship you'd regard the Norwegian Ski Troopers? I mean, are they more like regular light infantry (Skirmisher) or extraordinary sharpshooters?

Did Norway have any other notable light infantry troops/regiments with distinctive look?

I did already include those forts that you listed as random names for Danish forts (since the civ is considered to be Denmark-Norway).

As for a Norwegian line infantry unit: How should it be called? What were the most famous/prestigious regiments?

Makedonia
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

How many natives can you have without crashing the game?
Sindir
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Like Nederlander and Orwell i would love to see the frisian too ^^
I already mentioned some ideas about them here
->http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=frisian&start=64

And they could appear in a lowlands map and on some island maps,
or maybe a swamp/fen map?

Besides them i think in Asia the Siam or Thai were really important.
Look at their rich history and the time as a colony...
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:

Funny, funny, funny Mr. Green

I have a long design history with the Saxons for NE. Due to my recent trip to Dresden and surroundings it got a special topicality. The Saxons are actually one of the three main electorates to be featured within the HRE, but I did plan to make Saxon natives nonetheless. Also with a heavy cavalry unit and Meißener Porzellan (with a fancier effect than yours though). I have noted these techs as well and will have a look on them once time is due. Wink

Well, Saxony certainly deserves a very prominent role. I saved you and myself to time to explain why they should be included as natives except for three keywords. To be honest the Meißener Porzellan tech I suggested was more like a placeholder because I could not think of something more creative so it's excellent that you already had plans for them. Similar thing for the Reformation shipment. I was just wondering why Sweden got it but not other Protestant Powers (read: Prussia). If the Equestrian statue could be textured with gold that would be most magnificent.

Quote:
Thanks, I noted these ideas. The Bodensee tech is a bit pointless though, since Wurttembergers would not spawn on sea maps. The Swabian Imperial Knights are basically featured through the Franconian Reichsritter card (Franconia being a part of Swabia). I know you'd like Pappenheimers instead. Razz

That's not entirely true. For instance Wurttembergers can be found on the map Rhine. While this map does not posses a dropoff-point for sea-shipments you are still able to build docks on the fords that cross the river. You can only train fishing boats (even though there is no fish in the river) and carracks, a downgraded version of the caravel with a higher buildlimit there. So enabling those small transport boats for docks could work. My intention was different though. As most people will use the free towers you get at the beginning to fortify the river's crossings it would be cool if there was a dropoff-point for those boats but not for sea-shipments so that you could bring some of your units to the other side without (hopefully!) being noticed. (And maybe add a single little sea-treasure called...uhmmm...Rheingold?)
My geography knowledge of Germany is limited but Franconia is in Northern Bavaria while Swabia is in Wurttemberg, isn't it?

Quote:
Westphalians are likely to get replaced by another more prestigious native. They do represent right now the Napoleonic client state 'Kingdom of Westphalia'. Black Brunswickers will stay in another way in the mod. Wink I'm not a fan of the Welfen tech, but I'm interested in the historical background of the other 2 techs, could you provide some links? That'd be great! Mr. Green

The Welfen-tech is uncreative for sure but I thought it would be cool to mention all the ruling dynasties in the various electorates (we already have the Wittelsbacher for the Bavarians as a tech, as well as my suggestions for a Wettiner tech in Saxony and the change from German Imperial Army to house Wurttemberg). While it provides some historical background it does not change much/nothing of the gameplay. If you don't want that more Black Brunswickers can be trained, simply reduce the number that can be trained before the tech is researched and at the end you are equal again.
Act of Settlement was the law that passed the English crown to the prince-elector of Hanover if I'm not too confused.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Settlement_1701
So this tech would relate to the personal union between the Electorate of Hanover and the Kingdom of Great Britain.
Kurhannoversche Landesaufnahme was basically a simple map (or not so simple but very detailed): https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurhannoversche_Landesaufnahme
rewenger.
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Hey rewenger, nice to see you back! Smile

Norwegians as native civ make little to basically no sense in NE. If anything, there might be a Norway map and that's pretty much the only place where these natives could be shown. We try to keep the amount of one-map natives as low as possible. Current one-map natives are the Finns, even though we see possibilities to have them on further, unreleased maps. I don't see this happening for Norwegians.

Thus I'd much rather want to include Norwegian units into the Danish civ. May I ask as how elitary and skilled in marksmanship you'd regard the Norwegian Ski Troopers? I mean, are they more like regular light infantry (Skirmisher) or extraordinary sharpshooters?

Did Norway have any other notable light infantry troops/regiments with distinctive look?

I did already include those forts that you listed as random names for Danish forts (since the civ is considered to be Denmark-Norway).

As for a Norwegian line infantry unit: How should it be called? What were the most famous/prestigious regiments?

TY, i have been sneaking in the shadows all the time Razz

Im working on a loooong thread for norwegian units and uniforms, since you rater want to have them as a part of the danish civ ill post then in a new thread. Lots of translations so Stay tuned Smile
Kyle Ludwig
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Would definitely want to see Korean to be implemented as a native Razz
GoTDTruth
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Yes, a Korean map and Korean natives would be very nice.

I can imagine that Armenians and Georgians would be good natives for a Caucasus map. (Perfect addition in combination with the future Persian Civ Wink)

there could even be Turk Natives that would representing independent Turkish tribes of the time.
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

What I'd like to note is the fact the electorates of HRE should be represented as natives and controlling multiple electoral fractions should give a bonus (preferably against Austrians lol).

Also: introducing Saxons as natives means changes to German civ. At least the leader AI must be changed.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Ludwig wrote:
Would definitely want to see Korean to be implemented as a native Razz

GoTDTruth wrote:
Yes, a Korean map and Korean natives would be very nice.

I can imagine that Armenians and Georgians would be good natives for a Caucasus map. (Perfect addition in combination with the future Persian Civ Wink)

there could even be Turk Natives that would representing independent Turkish tribes of the time.

Provide a concept guys, then we can talk. Razz

Pawelec_POLAND wrote:
What I'd like to note is the fact the electorates of HRE should be represented as natives and controlling multiple electoral fractions should give a bonus (preferably against Austrians lol).

Hm, you mean a bonus that can be obtained for an HRE player by being allied to certain German natives on a map? Who'd play against the HRE on these maps then? ^^ I rather like to see German natives featured within the civs as HC and/or pseudo-regular (i.e. banner army) units. Ultimately I'd just give the HRE a special HC natives card that somehow allows to take greater use of German natives (in particular).

Quote:
Also: introducing Saxons as natives means changes to German civ. At least the leader AI must be changed.

Not necessarily. I do have planned Saxon natives. That is possible due to the many historical roles and definitions of 'Saxony'. It's a geographic region, a people, an electorate of the HRE, a self-responsible monarchy/government/administration. This permits both, Saxon content within and outside of the HRE. Especially if you treat the HRE more like a confederation or union and not like a modern state. Wink

@Silmariel:
- Yes, I didn't get the Swedish Reformation card either (that is super OP btw).
- Wurttembergers with naval features, I strongly disagree. Not gonna happen. Also the Swiss do have a Bodensee-featuring card I think, that boosts fishery.
- Thanks for the links. Smile

GoTDTruth
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject:

Korean natives (or simply Joseon)
Defensive bonuses/units

Units
1. Gakgung "Gungdo" Cheap Archers, large production (25?)

2. Pyeongon Cavalry 17th century Korean heavy cavalry with two-handed flails

3. Hwacha artillery, defensive, anti-ship/infintry

4. Turtle ship fast, high health/armor?, short range (usually used in tactic of ramming)
Techs
1. Northern Frontier - ships 2 Castle wagons
2. Tangpyeongchaek - a policy of maintaining balance and equality between political factions (possibly gives extra Exp or sends small number of heavy cavalry flail)
Makedonia
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Talking about Saxony will they have those Jaegër units that use air guns? They were the ones who invented them.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Where did you get that from?
Arrow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun#History

And if I may quote one of Tilanus' posts in this very thread:
Tilanus wrote:
The Saxons are actually one of the three main electorates to be featured within the HRE, but I did plan to make Saxon natives nonetheless. Also with a heavy cavalry unit (...)

Edit:
A pity that you loathe giving Wurttembergians those nutshells. I'd still like if you could change the dock-roster at the Rhine-map.

Edit II: Even though Bavarians already have a diverse techs to develop I thought of this, seeing that the Gebirgsschützen lack any melee damage in ranged mode. What about making melee-mode viable for them? Any decent Bavarian would posses a Hirschfänger (well, nowadays only a Nicker) to go with his Lederhosen. This could dramatically increase their melee damage as well as giving them a distinct bonus against animals such as explorers' dogs, Spanish wardogs, converted animal treasure guardians and pet units.
Yurashic
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

It would have been very interesting if you added Ukrainians as natives. They played a very significant role in Russian, Polish, Ottoman and Swedish conflicts.

Unique unit: Ukrainian Cossack (ranged cavalry).

Techs:
- Ukrainian lard: villagers gather food from livestock faster.
- Zaporojskaya sech: Ukrainian Cossacks have more range, build limit or something else related to them.
- Bohdan Khmelnytsky uprising: villagers have more hitpoints and/or attack.

It would have been cool if you made a map "Ukraine" with them. The Black Sea in the South, a lot of sheep, cows and goats around the map and many mines in the East (Donbass).
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7