Who do you want to be NE new natives?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

AbstractNativeWarrior it's called in the protofile. Spies and similar units have a bonus against natives already.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Carte_Ethnographique_de_L'Europe.jpg

Another map which could be used to find additional and appropriate candidates for natives. Even though it dates from 1918 and thus misses this mod's timeframe to at least a century it's still a viable ressources as ethnicity and the regions of their settlement did not change as much until then.

For example-the Caucasus region is largely uncovered even though it hosts a variety of kingdoms and nations that can trace their history back to even ancient times (Georgia, Armenia etc) and played a role in conflcits between Ottoman Empire, Persia and Russia. On ther other hand it's a difficult area to cover, similar to the Balkans. And actually-you don't want too many natives. But of course there are other ways to represent minor states, as by mercenary units or within a bigger civ.

A good example for this are Kalmyks and Bashkirs. They are featured within the Russian civ as churchtech units. Kalmyks are Guard-Dragoons available in age III, while Bashkirs are Guard Hussars available in age IV. Both are one of the countless nomadic tribes within the plains of Russia and the steppes of Asia. While most of the time they battled and skirmished in their region, they even fought at Leipzig, Hamburg and Paris as part of the Russian army during the Napoleonic wars:
Spoiler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashkortostan#/media/File:%D0%91%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%8B_%D0%B2_%D0%93%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B5,_1814.jpg

As far as I know, Bashkirs are a muslim people and share many similiarties with the Tartars in culture. So making them into natives would not make much sense. Why change anything at all with their representation? As there are plans to remove the Oprichnik as a regular Russian unit-they still could and should be a church-tech-unit. Kalmyks are somewhat different as they are one of the few or maybe even the only european people that follow buddhism. On the other hand there will be Tartars and Cossacks already, so I guess we dont need no other nomadic dashing horsemen. They fit perfeclty as a churchtech I would say.
Sarinius
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Hello everybody! I have played NE now for a bit over a year and I'm very fond of it, and I also have been lurkin around this forum for the same time at least once a week to stay updated lol ... Aaanyway, before I sound creepy Rolling Eyes, I would like to propose the following people as natives for the Alpine maps. You will probably find them not important enough, but my local-patriotism urges me to make at least some notion of them.

The Freestate of the Three Leagues (Freistaat der Drei BŁnde, Republica da las Trais Lias)

Located between Habsburgian territories, Italian duchies and the Swiss Confederacy and controlling important Alpine Passes, such as the Lukmanier, the SplŁgen, the Julier and many more, the Three Leagues were a preferred country for transit and constant object of quarrel between the sorrounding powers. The country is rather mountainous, but the plains around Chur and the Rhine Valley provide a good wine.

The Leagues were: The God's House League, formed 1367 by the subjects of the Bishop of Chur to prevent the latter to sell his possessions to the Habsburg; the Upper or Grey League, formed 1424 between local Lords and their subjects to set an end to constant quarrels; the League of Ten Jurisdictions, formed between the former subjects of the Lords of Toggenburg after they died out in 1436. These three entities began working together as a Freestate during the 15th century. 1499, after the Schwabenkriege, it gained factual independence of the Holy Roman Empire. 1512, the Federacy conquered the countys of Bormio, Sondrio and Chiavenna (the three forming the Valtellina) south of the Alps. The Bundesbrief of 1524 formed the constitution until 1798, when the French invaded the Confederacy and attached the Freestate permanently to the Helvetic Republic as Canton Rhaetia and put the Valtellina to the Cisalpine Republic. Today, its territory is the swiss canton of GraubŁnden.
Spoken languages in the territory are Rumantsch, German and Italian. The Rumantsch were in a slight majority until the advent of industry and tourism, nowadays German is the most spoken language. If the people are catholic of protestant changes every few valleys, which has for a long time prevented to close a feeling of political unity.

The Freestate had a very hard time during the Thirty Year's War, as the Habsburg, controlling Milan, and France, allied with Venice, sought control of the Alpine passes and the fertile Valtellina. The nobles of the Freestate, some protestant, some catholic, had good relations to both sides, some to Spain and Austria, some to France. As this struggle of confessions and power has not much to do with the Napoleonic Wars, I will let you check out that story on wiki for yourselves; it involves quite a lot of bloodshed, backstabbing and a protestand reverend who converts to catholicism and back again a few times, just to save his own live an that of his homeland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Leagues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BCndner_Wirren
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschichte_des_Kantons_Graub%C3%BCnden (German)

Now, I do not know of any major battles of the Coalition Wars that occurred on that territory. General Suworow crossed into the country on his retreat over the Panixer Pass, came by Chur and left by the St. Luziensteig toward Austria.

But let's talk about possible Native Units! Militarically, the country was rather poor, so maybe some economic units might be nice. Young BŁndners would often serve in foreign service, as did many Swiss youngmen. Many noble families, like the von Salis or von Planta had good relations to European monarchs and would sometimes lead a regiment in the French army. An important part of economy was trafficking and smuggling, and the BŁndner are proud hunters and poachers.

Therefore I suggest as Units:

Sšumer: A stealthy settler wagon. Good against guardians. Maybe with a crackshot attack? That would almost make him a second explorer.

Problembšr (Problem Bear): This hairy fellow excels at killing enemy villagers.

As for techs, one could take into account the hearty alpine cuisine, the mountainous terrain, the exchange of goods of north, south and east of the Alps and hospitality to passers-by.

Bregaglian Chestnut Festival: Ships a Chestnut Grove wagon, which allows you to bild a chestnut grove. Harvest for Food, like a cherry orchard or Wood, like a mango grove. Alternative: Harvest for Food and provide a small trickle of Wood.

Alpine Cuisine: Knowing how to make the most nutritious dishes out of few resources makes your Infantry cost less food, but move slower due to a full stomach.

Local Support: Ships a Condottiere and two Landsknechte (or something along these lines). This should represent a local Lord who supports you with a few of his men. Some archaic units would be fine, too.

Berghospiz: Allows you to build a second Saloon.

You can have those units speak a Swiss dialect or Italian, but I'm also happy to contribute some Rumantsch voices. Speaking of that, it always bugged me a bit that some Austrian units speak Albanian and not Hungarian. I wish I could provide you a native speaker, but I do not know any. Oh, and how about we make some Swiss units, e.g. the cavalry, speak french? Many Swiss noblemen spoke french in their household.

Thank you for your attention, I hope I will soon have your couriosity.
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

@Silmariel: your first link didn't work for me!
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I know. I cannot apply url-tags correctly otherwise the whole text disappears. Tilanus knows about this issue already and brought the text back in a readable format. You have to be careful because only the last part is missing from the link but it's there so better copy the adress directly in your browser and it should work.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Only a small suggestion working hand in hand with my ideas from the Mughal Empire thread. The current unit of the Sufi-religion introduced with Asian Dynasties is the War elephant. It shares many similarities with the Indian Mahout and I think nobody would mind to merge those two units.

A fairly good replacement would be a Dervish unit as this practice is associated with various sufi orders. There is already a dervish model in NE serving as a treasure guardian on arabic maps. I could imagine them as a native version of the urumi swordsmen: melee infantry with a splash damage good against heavy infantry and ranged cavalry, so basically melee skirmishers.
Zooasaurus
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject:

How about The Moroccans? Abid Al-Bukhari being the Native unit
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Zooasaurus wrote:
How about The Moroccans? Abid Al-Bukhari being the Native unit

yeah morrocos was a regional power at the time they would work good Mr. Green
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
warpoint
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

i don't know about much detail about china..........other
except india natives or locals
some important groups or native or locals list and some infor
i also don't like religion based natives because this too far from ground reality . i suggest groups who had military past shall include
i have suggestion that the term "NATIVES" TERM NEED TO TRANSFORM "LOCALS" TERM{word}
because in asia particularly indian sub is home of tooo many communities but 50% of these group are migrated groups who came here and settled so is they knows as native or locals ?
have A LOOK OF REAL INDIAN NATIVES OR LOCALS
Arrow RAJPUTS --
PROVIDE HEAVY CAVALRY {but costly }
swordsmen
techs feature
- clan system - {rajputs dived in the more than20 to30 clan }
make swordsmen cheaper
-confederacy- effect - cav get cheap
limit increased
-kuldevi kuldevta worship effect - provide food and gold
-katar effect increased attack point
modernization {age 5}
- add rajputana regiment
-rajput rifleman {with limit 4to6}{ very deadly range units }
Arrow BHILS --- Tribesmen fight with sword bow arrow
provide bhil archer {cheap but useful }
bhil spearmen --
both light armored
tech and features --
friendship bound- effect
limit increased
poisoned arrow-effect
increased attack
warband -effect
add new unit bhil ambushers
hunt guide -effect
give you five hunters which gather food and fight
Arrow JATS --
provides
maybe lancers cav
jat sowrdmen
feature and techs
zamindari effect-
add 3 zamindar cav { status like landlord and warlord}
krishna janmastami festival effect -provide milkfarm cart who transform in to milkfarm {goshala}{boost food}
revolt {why because jatts have history of big revolt they revolted vs mughals and British they had also reformed his kingdom suraj mal is the famous name. battle of bhartpur fought between jatts and british }
effect - troops limit increased and a garrison {3jat cav 5swordmen }immediately deliver
modernizing
?
sikhs Arrow

that is fact that sikhs are social community they not like orthodox religious communities
undoubtedly they are martial comutnity they contributed large scale of army and they had kingdom they crused afgans and attack tibbet
they provide wide range of army
sikh swordsmen {equal status like rajputs sword men }
sikh musketeers
sikh horse cav
chakram
feature and tech
guruwani
effect - hitpoint increased
khalsa rule effect -
limit and mobility increased
lohari festival - effect
provide food crate {300 food}
modernizing {age 4}
sikh range cav
sikh regiment

I UPDATE LIST SOON BUT {THERE IS TOO MANY INSERTING GROUPS} Mr. Green
Cavalry
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
[quote="warpoint"]

sikhs have lot of units i think need to reduce
hmm modernization research very cool you need to add links also
well some
pics>
sikh range cav

sikh cav

The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Morocco would be great.

"There are no defeats when you walk firm.
No one speaks about loosing, no one goes back."

-From Poem "Aleluia", by Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7