BETTER EFFECTS AND SOUNDS - MINI MOD

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenriz94
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: BETTER EFFECTS AND SOUNDS - MINI MOD

Hello again Guys, I have been working with some mods and the game the last days.
Here are the results. Smile

Features:

*New Effects of particles, in the fog, explosions and shuts.

*Better Team Colors

*New Sounds, more realistic.

*New Menu Music
https://soundcloud.com/user884707294/netheme

Effects extracted of Hundred Days Mod

[color=red]New NE Theme extracted of Napoleon (2002) OST by Richard Gregoire

Cheers and enjoy!

INSTALLATION:
Unpack the content of RAR in your AOE3 Directory.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b9af9j55it94v1/BETTER+EFFECTS+AND+SOUNDS+-+MINI+MOD.rar
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

Hey Fenriz, I value your efforts to contribute to NE. thumbs up! If you make further sub-mods of NE, please do not create new threads for them though. One thread per topic. Wink

I listened to the theme and I see 2 main reasons why it's not suited as a theme:
  • It doesn't contain any motive close to the AoE melody. Plus it doesn't really "kick" as a compact theme since the composition is too much like a lengthy symphony.
  • It's the official soundtrack of another media product, which means it'd be cheap to take it for us and a potential copyright infringement I'm neither interested in nor looking for.

Regarding the effects from the Hundred Days Mod. This mod was done by Yomgui, a retired member of the NE team and if you read the credits of the mod, you'll see NE and me are mentioned in there. That is because his mod contains various assets from internal NE releases and I also know the other stuff inside out. NE has the permission to use all of the Hundred Days assets. I do not agree with all of his design decisions though, for example, while the particle effects look more realistic, they worsen the performance notably. From where is that playercolor? Is it your creation and what are the changes?

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Fenriz94
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Hey Fenriz, I value your efforts to contribute to NE. thumbs up! If you make further sub-mods of NE, please do not create new threads for them though. One thread per topic. Wink

I listened to the theme and I see 2 main reasons why it's not suited as a theme:
  • It doesn't contain any motive close to the AoE melody. Plus it doesn't really "kick" as a compact theme since the composition is too much like a lengthy symphony.
  • It's the official soundtrack of another media product, which means it'd be cheap to take it for us and a potential copyright infringement I'm neither interested in nor looking for.

Regarding the effects from the Hundred Days Mod. This mod was done by Yomgui, a retired member of the NE team and if you read the credits of the mod, you'll see NE and me are mentioned in there. That is because his mod contains various assets from internal NE releases and I also know the other stuff inside out. NE has the permission to use all of the Hundred Days assets. I do not agree with all of his design decisions though, for example, while the particle effects look more realistic, they worsen the performance notably. From where is that playercolor? Is it your creation and what are the changes?

Hello Tilanus. I understand of the theme i choice, just i change because i like :3, but you have reason about the copyrigth. żI should remove?, respect to the Hundred Days mod,i didn't know that we could use the contents and you had credits, new effects I liked a lot, so the extracted and put Mr. Green, in my PC the performance is 10/10 Mr. Green, but I understand your think about this. Finally, i work with the playercolor archive, i create a colors more according with the uniforms and units i think. Playercolor is located in ''data'' folder of game directory. Mr. Green

Sorry for my bad english, and cheers my friend, i want your answer. Smile
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

I love the cannonball smoke and sparks effect, looks great, but the white smoke seems to cover too much of the battlefield.

I have to agree with Tilanus that the theme doesn't fit. It's way too Romantic, personally I'd prefer Sturm und Drang style or late Classical. Also, there are too many chromatic chord progressions (I'm getting into the music theory a bit...) what makes it sound very modern. Further writing about the theme would bring us back to a discussion about music I've already started in separate topic.

If you like that type of music I recommend you to listen to BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs soundtrack composed by Bejnamin Barlett, it's extraordinary. Wink
Page 1 of 1