More NE natives/in-civ civs Suggestions

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Violet Herald
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: More NE natives/in-civ civs Suggestions

Firstly:

ULM

Ulm may be a slightly unimportant country, but the thing is, well; it was a Free City in the time. It is also somewhat of an expanding meme/joke in the history community, so it could probably merit.

Secondly:

In-Civ Civ: Austrians or Prussians: SILESIA

Silesia was a very important land of contest among the two, so either two would work. Very important place among the squabbling of Austria and Prussia, so I think this would merit them Native rank in Napoleonic Era.

Lastly:

RUTHENIA

Well, here we go to Eastern Europe. The Ruthenians, even though were not a unified country in the days of Napoleon, it was prominent as they were a primary instigator in the realm of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. They were allied with the Zaporozhians, even. I think their rich history with Russia, PLC, Sweden, Zaporozhie, and even the Ottomans would merit them Native status.

Thank you for reading this post, this has been the Violet Herald! Novaer, mellonea!
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Ulm is just a city! I think it is within Bavaria now, and NE already have Bavarians. Silesia was a region of the Crown of Bohemia. Frederick the Great managed to annex it for Prussia but it can't be a native site for it. The region was important for its economy but it is covered by the Crown of Bohemia within Austrian Church techs. Ruthenia is basically western Ukraine. You mentioned more important factions like Zaporizhian Cossacks, which represents Ukraine better IMO, and are planned as natives for a future version. Saying that, I don't mean to discourage you for suggesting new things for this mod. But keep in mind that Tilanus & Co are very selective, so if you want to see your ideas ingame, they have to be very good Mr. Green
Violet Herald
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Then I shall. and It is VIOLET, my good friend.
Aprosdoketon
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

A cute addition, especially for its long and glorious story, would be San Marino, the oldest existing republic in the world (1714 years old!) and recognized in its neutrality both by the Pope and the Emperor and, some centuries later, by the Congress of Vienna in 1815. Revered by Napoleon and temporary shelter of Giuseppe Garibaldi in 1849, San Marino has the same geography since ca. 1300.
Now used mainly for turistic purposes, crossbow production was an hallmark activity for the small republic, and the Crossbow Corps is more than 800 years old.

p.s.: the looks of the Pilgrims in Plymouth's map and the presence of another religious group in the game (Gesuite) makes me wonder what role could play Amish in American maps...
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Buona sera (I'm currently making vacations in your beautiful town con principessa mia Mr. Green )

I have recently done a more detailed research about the different Italian states. San Marino did indeed catch my attention and have a notable history and prestige, but they simply don't suit as minor civilization for ... one map only? While they remained gloriously independent I consider them to be a heavily 'italianized' state with some regional specifications. So, I will care to highlight them a lil more in the Italian civ. The Crossbow Corps has a lot of potential. Are there any images available that show it after 1500 and before 1815?

Anything after 1815-25 will strictly be ignored in NE, so no content related to Giuseppe Garibaldi.

Hm, the Amish as a TAD-style religion, but placed in American maps could be interesting. They would need to be better replacements for original natives and useful additions on the maps where they are supposed to be available. Would you mind to research what European religious groups and orders were promiment in America and where? This sounds indeed interesting! Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Aprosdoketon
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

You're right, an enormous group of Italian States remained quite circumscribed territorially (Parma, Modena, Piacenza, Guastalla, Romagne, Granducato di Toscana and others are all in a hundred miles) and lasted only a few years (Repubblica Romana, for example, a couple of months). So I see correct your approach of incorporating "mini-cities" in the Italian HC.
The only act of foreign politics that I know related to San Marino is a donation by Napoleon of a sizeable slice of Emilia Romagna, donation rejected by the Republic in order to maintain the neutrality.
I'm not versed in history, so I can't answer completely to your questions.
Regarding the Amish, i only know they originate from Switzerland; other religious groups related are Mormons and Shakers, (and Puritains and Huguenots), but i know nothing more Mr. Green

Sospira.
Page 1 of 1