Native American Civilization Bugs

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piowtrpolo
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Native American Civilization Bugs

I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but the Sioux and Iroquois have some major bugs.

First, the Sioux, when you have villagers on the fire pit and activate the increase siege damage tag of the fire pit all your soldiers move slower. If they moved a little slower then I wouldn't mind, but when you have 25 villagers on the fire pit and your Dog Soldiers usually have 8.8 speed, then you activate the increase siege damage, their speed drops to 1.4. It is unbearable and makes it unable to play the civilization.

Second, the Iroquois, you cannot get legendary light cannons. The moment I installed NE the button to upgrade light cannons to legendary light cannons doesn't exist. Light cannons are great.

If anyone has found a way to fix these problems let me know because I would love to play these civilizations again.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject:

I think they're both a balance change... but to be completely honest I am unsure.

In Non-NE, the Iroquois light cannons are one of the best artillery in the game due to their flexibility and range, and the Sioux siege WAS quite ridiculous running around in a box formation and destroying every single building in a base in less than 15 seconds. So I think the speed penalty, as drastic as it seems, is to balance it out.

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
piowtrpolo
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I understand the balance change, but for the light cannon not getting upgrades takes out an essential part of the artillery part of the Iroquois civilization.

I also understand the speed decrease for the Sioux to make it more balanced, but taking out the siege dance takes out a major part of that civilization. If they want to lessen the amount of siege damage I understand, but since dances can't be switched in a few seconds you have to make it so you don't use the siege dance at all. When your units have a speed of 2.3 they get slaughtered by range units before you can kill anything.

The native american civilizations weren't the most powerful either. The Sioux would get slaughtered by anyone with a huge counter cavalry civilization. Teutonic knights, samurai, dragoons to name a few would slaughter the cavalry.

Edit: Can you honestly say you want to play the Sioux or Iroquois right now without some of the fundamental parts of the civilization missing? I like to play all civilizations and I don't play these because of it.
SiegeDance
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to bump this post as I had the same query about the natives. And with Iroquois, the AI upgrades the light cannon to field cannon but you don't get the upgrade option when you play iro. And another thing was the firepit dance switching time. Was that increased because it takes forever now to switch between different dances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1