Russians
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

The thing is much more complicated than block training. Remember that this is one of AoE3 Russian features alongside having blackhouses (barracks+outposts). Since Russia looses the block training feature, we will need to find something else as a replacement, otherwise Russia will be a pretty conventional civilizations, much like a test civilization.
Personally, I suggested a new bonus called "Burning Land strategy" or "Scorched Earth tactics" that allows the player to destroy his own blackhouses, causing some damage to enemy units around and preventing the enemy to get the kill XP. Tilanus rejected it due to some reasons.
Can somebody imagine a new effect/bonus for NE 2.2 Russia?
Yurashic
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

Firestorm wrote:
The thing is much more complicated than block training. Remember that this is one of AoE3 Russian features alongside having blackhouses (barracks+outposts). Since Russia looses the block training feature, we will need to find something else as a replacement, otherwise Russia will be a pretty conventional civilizations, much like a test civilization.
Personally, I suggested a new bonus called "Burning Land strategy" or "Scorched Earth tactics" that allows the player to destroy his own blackhouses, causing some damage to enemy units around and preventing the enemy to get the kill XP. Tilanus rejected it due to some reasons.
Can somebody imagine a new effect/bonus for NE 2.2 Russia?

Some ideas that could be the new bonus:

- You can train villagers from mills and plantations (serfdom).

- "Russian winter" is a passive tech, not university.

- Cavalry archers available in age 2.

- Scorched earth tactics as mentioned already.

- Just leave villagers in batches and blockhouses as a bonus.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject:

I'll have to look into the Scorched Earth tactics debate again to see again what I didn't like. I'm very certain that a specific idea was exploitable. Generally I believe that these historical Russian tactics are already featured in NE in some way (that I might not necessarily agree to). Then again I'm all in favor to find a good realization of it, that also works well in multiplayer.

I already approved CAs in Age 2 and I do not plan to kick Blockhouses from Russians, but I consider giving it also to the US where Blockhouses were really common and popular fortifications.

For Serfdom I have another idea, that I will reveal later, because it affects a lot of civs. Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2