The new Dutch

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustav II Adolf
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: The new Dutch

The Dutch civ is one of my favourites, and I'm very curious about how it will turn out. I've read things about a stock exchange and fast mortars, and it all looks very interesting. Would Tilanus Commodor be kind and tell us a bit about the Dutch, what is planned and what is considered?

Perhaps could this also be a thread for general talk about the upcoming Dutch.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Coehorn Mortars are still planned, Banks and Gold bonus will stay. I think about tweaking unit costs in favor of costing more gold. They'll get proper cav and inf with Arquebusiers, Musketeers and Dragoons, all with RGs.

Another civ will get the 1 pop Dragoons. Age 2 skirms are historically inaccurate and are thus no longer a bonus (it'd much better fit for Germans tbh), they'll get some nice sharpshooters/riflemen in late game though (even though not an unique unit in itself). Generally, they'll have good access to strong elite troops from the University. The Geuzen were kicked, because the unit concept itself is pretty much fantasy and not iconic for historical dutch military. The nice skins will be re-used at other places though, so nothing gets lost. Smile

They also might get a new ship and AI personality (currently in favor of Johan de Witt, but that's still all WIP).

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Gustav II Adolf
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

De Witt sounds good. What will happen with VIC and WOC? And how about professional settlers?

Good themes for cards/techs would perhaps be de Ruyter and the outstanding dutch painters of the era.

Looking forward to the new Dutch!
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

There's nothing specific yet about VIC and WOC. Most likely they're going to be a set of themed HC cards, but we can also imagine a US-style consulate.

We do consider either having unique Dutch settlers or offering unique upgrades to feature Dutch colonists such as Boers or Perkeniers. They'll keep their plantation gather bonus from AoE3.

Painters and other artists will be featured in another, more general way. It'll surely result in some special Dutch shipments.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Page 1 of 1