The Incas

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoxHoundX7
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: The Incas

About the Incas. After Releasing the New Version with the Danish and the Persians. Is the Team going back to Work on the Incas in the Next Release. Like 2.1.9?
Since their will be 4 Asian Nations. China. Japan. India. and Persia.
and Just 3 Native American Nations. Iroquois. Sioux. Aztec.
The Incas should make it 4 Even and Since Age of Empires 2 HD has Almost All of the Nations With the Forgotten and the African Kingdoms Expansions.

Aoe2-Aoe3
Aztecs-Aztecs.
Britons-British.
Chinese-Chinese.
Franks-French.
Incas-Incas.
Indians-Indians.
Italians-Italians.
Japanese-Japanese.
Persians-Persians.
Portuguese-Portuguese.
Slavs-Russians.
Spanish-Spanish.
Teutons-Germans. Prussians.
Turks-Ottomans.
Vikings-Dutch. Danish. Swedish.
Americans. Austrians .Polish .Swiss. Iroquois. Sioux.
Don't Have Any Aoe2 HD Counterparts

This Mod Almost Has All the Nations From Age of Empires 2 HD
So Once 2.1.8 is Complete. Will You Finish Work on the Incas?.
Seems like a Waste to Leave Them Unfinished After So Longed.

What Do you Guys Think. Should the NE Team Complete The Incas or Leave them Incomplete?.
Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

If I remember all work on the Inca will cease:
This is mostly because the America is not the domain of NE and also Tilanus has shown no renewed interest. I would say that perhaps you may prompt him to but your reasoning is odd, why must all AOEII civs have a counterpart in III?
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why AoEIII Civs need an AoEII counterpart...

I do think the Incas should be expanded on. The more civs the better, however i'm not one to help with such an endeavor. I am an average modder at best. However, if they have spare time perhaps they could expand the Incans.

I don't even have the Incans, though, I only remember being able to play them once.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
FoxHoundX7
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject:

Not Gonna Lie. He's Got a Point. OK Forgot About the Incas.
I'm Not Sure About The Other Nations During the Napoleonic Era. Since Most of them are Controlled By Austria. Britain. France. Holy Roman Empire. Prussia. Ottoman. Spain. Dutch. Portugal. Russia. Sweden. Denmark. Italy.
Switzerland. Poland. BTW in the New Version The American Flag is Being Updated to the Betsy Ross Flag Right?. and What About the Other Nations Flags Like the British Flag and the Russian Flag. etc.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject:

The Incas are not in because for NE they are too archaic. Clubs, slings, arrows are not the main weapons of war in XVII and XVIII century. The Aztecs and other TWC nations are also causing us some headaches despite Iroquois and Sioux having a few gunpowder units. Simply, the Incas doesn't fit NE timeline and purposes.
FoxHoundX7
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

You know what. Just complete the Incas anyway. This is an Age of Empires game. It doesn't have to be accurate to history. Just see this mod as an unofficial expansion pack to Aoe3. I mean look at the previous games like Aoe1 and Aoe2 most of thier civs are centurys apart from each other. If only the aztecs and the incas have archaic siege weapons like a catapult and a ballista or they could use stealth tactics instead like guerrilla warfare?.
Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather watch the command sounding language, I have been reprimanded from that before...
And why it appears as though Tilanus does not want Incas and neither does the majority of people, so I do ask for your reasoning behind their inclusion.....
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

FoxHoundX7 wrote:
Not Gonna Lie. He's Got a Point. OK Forgot About the Incas.
I'm Not Sure About The Other Nations During the Napoleonic Era. Since Most of them are Controlled By Austria. Britain. France. Holy Roman Empire. Prussia. Ottoman. Spain. Dutch. Portugal. Russia. Sweden. Denmark. Italy.
Switzerland. Poland. BTW in the New Version The American Flag is Being Updated to the Betsy Ross Flag Right?. and What About the Other Nations Flags Like the British Flag and the Russian Flag. etc.

I always thought that switzerland as a nation was quite unneeded as they weren't a major player at the time. Nevertheless, I do like the way the civ plays.

Scratch what I said earlier. This mod focuses on the napoleonic era and the Incans dont fit. They'd fit in an overhaul mod, but not this one.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Incans need finishing. Just a waste of time that could be used on something else more important.
FoxHoundX7
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Even if they do go completely Napoleonic Era theme. The Russians. The Japanese. The Chinese. The Indians. and the native americans civs might need to be overhauled to fit the theme. It just takes too much away from the original aoe3 game. And i dont like it. Its not like the wars of liberty mod or something.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

FoxHoundX7 wrote:
Vikings-Dutch.

Wut? lol
On the other hand, seeing these Dutch football hooligans, there might be some truth in this. Devil

Quote:
You know what. Just complete the Incas anyway. This is an Age of Empires game. It doesn't have to be accurate to history. Just see this mod as an unofficial expansion pack to Aoe3. I mean look at the previous games like Aoe1 and Aoe2 most of thier civs are centurys apart from each other. If only the aztecs and the incas have archaic siege weapons like a catapult and a ballista or they could use stealth tactics instead like guerrilla warfare?.

We are aware of the AoE games being full of historical inaccuracies, but just because the developers failed to satisfy our needs in that regard, it doesn't mean they vanished for us and would not play an important role in the way we design the mod. Why would we want to repeat the same failures as the developers?

As for Incas, I think people gave all the good reasons why we will not pick them up as civ soon. CrazyCrusher has made a good point in that it makes more sense to spend time on updating the other civs. Firestorm mentioned though that we still consider reworking Aztecs. So I'm not against featuring these civs per se, but I'd like that feature to happen in a way that's compatible with the design guidelines of NE and with the civs being declared as bonus civs or whatsoever, so that there is a clear distinction between what we consider the core of our mod and what are extras. So if there would ever be an Incan civ again, then solely as a declared bonus civ. Neither Aztecs nor Incas would stand a chance against the other civs in a comparison of historical, civilizational, technological, military power.

btw, I think I've seen some NE sub-mod on Youtube some time ago, which "completed" the Incas. Didn't save a link though, maybe someone else knows better. But you could also just search Youtube for it.

FoxHoundX7 wrote:
BTW in the New Version The American Flag is Being Updated to the Betsy Ross Flag Right?. and What About the Other Nations Flags Like the British Flag and the Russian Flag. etc.

Yes, but that will happen only parallely to updating the civs themselves as well to point out, that the whole civ and not only the flag got updated.

roy1012 wrote:
I always thought that switzerland as a nation was quite unneeded as they weren't a major player at the time. Nevertheless, I do like the way the civ plays.

I agree with you. The Swiss are only in as a major civ, because they are the reason why NE was made, it was the first civ. The civ will change completely with the next release and become a pure team civ.

FoxHoundX7 wrote:
Even if they do go completely Napoleonic Era theme. The Russians. The Japanese. The Chinese. The Indians. and the native americans civs might need to be overhauled to fit the theme.

.. and who says we have no interest in that? I think if you check some of the Modding Reports, you'll realize we were always interested in the modernization of civs and increasing their historical credibility as well as connecting them stronger with the core and spirit of the Age of Empires franchise.

Quote:
It just takes too much away from the original aoe3 game. And i dont like it. Its not like the wars of liberty mod or something.

NE is neither going to be like AoE3 nor WoL, it's rather going to be a proper Age of Empires in the original sense and set in a smaller time frame but more spheres of interest than that of AoE3. This development will be inevitable due to NE3 being the blueprint and goal for our further work.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
FoxHoundX7 wrote:
Vikings-Dutch.

Wut? lol
On the other hand, seeing these Dutch football hooligans, there might be some truth in this. Devil

HAHA. That is hilarious!

Page 1 of 1