Installation issues...

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfigravity
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Installation issues...

Maybe I'm just now very smart but.... I downloaded and installed the beta demo, launch AOE3: TAD and Multiplayer is greyed out (as it should be) so I go to single player, skirmish, and the new civcs aren't there to choose. Am I running the game wrong? I just want to play as the Prussians!!! HELP! Smile Thanks in advance!
Matthew Sher
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject:

If you're having the problem I think you're having, then check the existing homecities in the game. Unless you intend to replace a default civ and its AI, you cannot create a homecity of a new civ. Instead, we have included the homecities in the game already. If it takes you to the "Create a Homecity" screen when you click "Skirmish," just make a random one to get to the homecity menu, and the new homecities should be there. It's possible that this isn't your problem, but try it out and let me know what happens.
Alexastor
NE Royal Pioneer
NE Royal Pioneer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject:

Do you have Windows XP or Windows Vista? Try deleting the content of My Documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/AI (and AI2 and AI3)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1