No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Darwin_
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: My Ideas for Sweden

With the recent modding report, Tilanus threw around a lot of ideas considering the swedish civ, many of which seemed to detract from its identity. Sweden is by far my favorite civ, but it clearly needs to be restructured to be weaker. Here are a few ideas to nerf the civ, but still keep its identity and its former characteristics.

Firstly, on the subject of Torps.
Sweden generates tons wood, especially because of torps, as well as free wood cutting upgrades. But, consequentially, sweden uses the same amount of wood as other civs, so this bonus is kinda pointless. Torps were country farmhouses, usually surrounded by a little bit of land. My idea is to turn the Torp more into a shrine/rice patty combo. In my mind, the Torp would cost 300 wood and support 15 population. They would have a build limit of 20. The normal military upgrades would be there (the ones that upgrade troops but decrease pop cap). Torps would not train infantry, instead the swedish would get a barracks.
Tops would have a base gather rate of 1 food or coin every second. Up to five villagers could be tasked to it, increasing the base gather rate by 50% each (just like animals on a shrine). The torp would have the normal mill and plantation upgrades.

On the subject of stronger units:
I would keep a hp and damage bonus, but nerf it to be a 5% bonus only to infantry and cavalry, not artillery. The added cost would be in food, not gold. I think that unit upgrades should be cheap, but only veteran upgrades, as well as the royal guard. I don't think that every unit should be royal guard, only fusiliers and dragoons should be. (I don't have any names for it, I just though they would still be carolean and the other one).

On the subject of Villagers:
I think Villagers should not have any upgrade, they should be normal settlers, but with a build limit of 65 instead of 50. The free market upgrades should be taken away.

Unique cards:
Artillery regiment: heavy infantry damage bonus should be +20% instead of 25% (-5%)
5 villagers
1/2/4 torp wagons Age 1/2/3
Northern hunters: ships 10 caribou and +10% hunting Age 2
Estates: +25% torp auto gather rate Age 3
Northern Forests: +25% wood gather Age 2
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

On what you said about torps...

Sweden has a lot of units they have to upgrade. Here are some of the units I use:

Musketeer
Skirmisher
Fusilier
Drabant
Culvirens
Mortars
Horse Artillery

Seeing as all those upgrades cost wood, it actually is useful. Many players in late game (Around 30 minutes when the treaty is about to end and they are rushing to get unit upgrades) don't have enough wood, they scramble to put massive amounts of villagers on wood, convert their factories to wood if they haven't already and utilize the market, crashing the wood price. I don't think that this is useless seeing as you won't have a shortage of gold (you have mines as Sweden) and you will have a good amount of Torps to upgrade your units, so you can essentially spam all the upgrades in a short period of time, whereas it will take much longer for another civ, such as Britain, as they might not have enough barracks to upgrade their units and not enough resources to do so.

As for your villager suggestion, I oppose that with great hatred towards it. I think that with the superpower Swedish army, they need a weaker economy in order to balance their powerful military. Also, I like the 50 settler and resource buildings model of Dutch and Swedish, that way you have more population room for military.

Furthermore (correct me if i'm wrong) Sweden has a wood to gold trade, and this can be to much of their favor. You can easily spam wood and get huge amounts of gold, which can either go to units or spies.

The only weakness I see in Sweden is the fact they use mines late game rather than plantations. Now the reason I don't like this is because multiple times in games I have been attacking an enemy army/base, then the idle villager button pops up. I click it to see that 20 of my miners have exhausted the mines, so I have to rebuild them. This takes time, and that is time i'm not micro'ing my army to attack certain units, or flank with cavalry to kill artillery. Before you know it your army has been smacked and they are currently burning your forward torps.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Darwin_
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
On what you said about torps...

Sweden has a lot of units they have to upgrade. Here are some of the units I use:

Musketeer
Skirmisher
Fusilier
Drabant
Culvirens
Mortars
Horse Artillery

Seeing as all those upgrades cost wood, it actually is useful. Many players in late game (Around 30 minutes when the treaty is about to end and they are rushing to get unit upgrades) don't have enough wood, they scramble to put massive amounts of villagers on wood, convert their factories to wood if they haven't already and utilize the market, crashing the wood price. I don't think that this is useless seeing as you won't have a shortage of gold (you have mines as Sweden) and you will have a good amount of Torps to upgrade your units, so you can essentially spam all the upgrades in a short period of time, whereas it will take much longer for another civ, such as Britain, as they might not have enough barracks to upgrade their units and not enough resources to do so.

As for your villager suggestion, I oppose that with great hatred towards it. I think that with the superpower Swedish army, they need a weaker economy in order to balance their powerful military. Also, I like the 50 settler and resource buildings model of Dutch and Swedish, that way you have more population room for military.

Furthermore (correct me if i'm wrong) Sweden has a wood to gold trade, and this can be to much of their favor. You can easily spam wood and get huge amounts of gold, which can either go to units or spies.

The only weakness I see in Sweden is the fact they use mines late game rather than plantations. Now the reason I don't like this is because multiple times in games I have been attacking an enemy army/base, then the idle villager button pops up. I click it to see that 20 of my miners have exhausted the mines, so I have to rebuild them. This takes time, and that is time i'm not micro'ing my army to attack certain units, or flank with cavalry to kill artillery. Before you know it your army has been smacked and they are currently burning your forward torps.

I think your argument makes sense in a treaty setting, but in supremacy, you want a much more balanced civ, not just one that has an OP military and an extremely weak eco. My proposed changes balance the civ to make a slightly stronger than normal military and an average eco.
Page 1 of 1