New civ ideas and more

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you about the idea of alt civs
I think that we should have a alternatiting civ idea like what was desribed in topic
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I think that the categories idea for ne2 style civs and ne 3 style civs is a better route (ne2 style would reflect ne 2.1.7b and ne 3 would be newer civs with many changes)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
does someone honestly wants to keep the old poland, swiss etc somehow. I think its time to move on and leave the older versions of civs behind
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I have a new idea that was not discussed and am willing to pm in this topic what it is to keep old civ versions along with new in the same game at once
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: New civ ideas and more

I came up with a good idea for the cov that could allow the user to choose what version of a civ they want. Me being the critical one about the ne2 and 3 merge have been thinking of ways to have the traditional version of the ne civs to coexist with the radically newer ones. One idea I thought of was alternating civs. Under a civ's flag in cov a drop down menu could show other versions of that civ and if that one is selected that civ version along with its order in number form in the list would be picked. Another idea I had was having a ne 2 and a ne 3 category in the cov with each civ relfecting its image in both of those play styles. I also have new civ ideas that would maybe be more fitting in the ne age. Of all the north american civs I thought maybe a unique cherokee civ could be made with a component before the united states creation and a ne period component from just before the cherokees were moved to oklahoma. I think the cherokee are fitting is because they seem more white and european in culture than other natives including the four already in the mod. I also have a idea where the aztecs could gain some early mexican units along side thier regular units.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: my reaction to votes

I see we are in deadlock with the liberals. Us conservative ne players might have a winning chance against Hillary Clinton and the liberals in this poll. Please save the longbows, pole axes, strelets and unhindered condeirarii for future ne generations. We Will Make NE 2 Great Again!!!
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

Unstoppablestreletsy, why you just don't save NE 2.1.7b files, so you can play with the current units. Longbowman, Teutonic Knight, Condottiere (at the current version) simply doesn't fit with our plans. Your suggestion about CoV is too complicated. Regarding your idea about a Cherokee civilization in NE, well is not going to happen. The TWC nations don't fit our idea about the future of NE. We thought to rework the existing TWC civilizations because they are already there but creating a new one like them will create further problems to this mod. Even the re-work of the NE Inca isn't a definitive decision yet. Please try to have more faith on the NE team, because every decision Tilanus makes is to improve the game.
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I am a conservative, but I love all of the changes that Tilanus is planning.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: old files

How would I save the 2.17b files and be able to utilize them exactly? Could these files be merged with 2.18 files to make a expansion looking civ?
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

Just download and save the .exe file now...then reinstall using that anytime want 2.17b back.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: good then

well then if thats all it takes, I still have the 2.17b dmg file for mac and the exe file for windows so that shouldn't be a issue. But I was trying to figure out about people's opinion of a NE4 which is a sandwich of NE2 and NE3
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

We are actually making a sandwich of NE2 and NE3 already. With every new release, there'll most likely be a bit more of NE3 in it and I'm sure you will hardly notice that in most cases.

If one really wanted to keep on playing NE 2.1.7b next to a newer version, then an exe (not sure on dmg) wouldn't really be a solution, since NE recognizes won't install older versions. You'd have to install NE 2.1.7b first, make a copy of that NE folder and offer a newer version a new fresh, clean, unmodded AoE3 for installation. Then you'd switch folders every time you want to switch NE versions (that's how I do it).

I cannot understand why anyone who loves history would seriously vote for medieval Longbows to keep on appearing next to napoleonic Grognards. I personally have a bleeding heart when I think of how much better AoE3 could have been in that aspect. Just look at the Total Wars franchise and you'll see more that more historical credibility does no harm to fun and playability.

Worries are always coming from either the competitive players who are afraid that their best one-way strategies won't work anymore (which is pretty ironic for "pro gamers") or the naive kids who falsly think that everyone loves historically awkward mashups. I cannot and won't respect that. ^^

Crazy Crusher wrote:
I am a conservative, but I love all of the changes that Tilanus is planning.

I'm taking that as a compliment. Thank you! Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Did someone say Cherokees? But they're right behind us! They're going to kill us!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
Did someone say Cherokees? But they're right behind us! They're going to kill us!

Quick, give them weapons. They're militia now.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

While talking of native americans, there's something unresolved regarding the United States civ that maybe the present US Americans could enlighten me on:

To what native people did the revolutionary US have good relations with? Please only before 1830.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

These were what found in Wikipedia re Native American allegiances:

Pequot War

Narragansett
Mohegan

American War of Independence/Revolutionary War

Mohawk (both sides), Oneida, Tuscarora, Watauga Association, Catawba, Lenape, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Mahican, Mi'kmaq (until 1779), Abenaki, Cheraw, Seminole, Pee Dee, Lumbee

1812 War

Choctaw, Cherokee, Creek
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:

I would like a Jeep Grand Cherokee Mr. Green
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: The sandwich

Well I should probably tale back the sandwich idea because its confusing. I was thinking more of a pizza of ne2 and ne3. The Ne2 is the dough and the foundation of the mod and new ne3 units and civs are the toppings but only the toppings and no change to the recipe thats underneath. For example I was thinking of the russians to keep strelets as a gunpowder unit that does extra damage to settlers and native units and then the new arquebus could be used for infantry and light cavalry. The longbow could be put on the side of the british as a urumi swordsman type card unit at the homecity that would cost wood. The pole axe to me is a standard slavic infantry for peoples such as the russians and romanians. The longbows name could be changed to something else if need be. I agree in aoe3 the longbow had too much of a main role in the civ and should have pushed to the side like the urumi swordsman was with the homecity. I cannot imagine italy without archaic units and how limited and awkard it might look.
Page 1 of 1