33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

bolbolbarkia
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Ideas

Hello everyone!
I am a huge fan of aoe3 and especially of aoe3 NE,this game just makes my day,and that's why i would like to suggest some new ideas for the next version of NE. I hope you like it...
Please excuse me if i mention anything that the community have already discussed (i tried so much to avoid this by checking the forum,but who knows Smile )or any english mistakes i might make...

This time i will only share with you my population idea....

Whenever i play aoe3 i dont get the point of being able to regenerate my units after a series of huge lost battle just because i have resources...does it sound realistic?...any one should be punished if he play careless with his army...also when i would send a shipement from the homecity (units or mercreneries) i hate that requirement of having that population space....it does not make a sense....your metropole should be able to save you if your town is under siege.....of course sieging houses must be rewarded but not by preventing your enemy from sending rescue forces from the homecity.....

so what is my plan?
I love to see population be the 4th resource.....you build a house and then it will create population for let's just say 1 population for every 15 seconds....as the games advances you will build more and more houses to recruit more and more armies...maybe you should be able to build even more than 20 houses.....the population represents the growth of the people of your colony.....not just space for them.....
even the TC could participates in this "population gathering"...we may also have some technologies or homecity cards that increases this population gather rate (e.i :the university have a technology of pediatricians that will increases the population growth rate by 25%)....

I have to mention here that we can devide the population into men(for villager creation and milatary role) and women (for villager creation only?)

....now shipements of milatary units or mercreneries must be sent without any need for population.....this will make the game better...cause they are troops already raised and trained outside your colony...i repeat population only needs to be the reflexion of your colony's people.....

Whenever your city is under siege we can make an ability for every house to spawn a refugee wagon ( or something like this)...this refugee wagon (visually it needs to show a wagon with kids or women) will also have a very slow population gather rate (like this, we introduce the possiblity of playing like a nomadic civilisation ) and the ability to retransform in a house in a safer place. (Of course after paying wood to rebuild the left house)... just imagine how exciting the game will be!...

This way every battle the players will take will be decisive! If you lose your army you will be left without any protection for the time needed to raise and train an other one! Only your metropole armies, mercrenaries or natives will save your colony in this case.....
What mostly encourages me to suggest this idea is the fact that it is very doable ( i think? Razz ) cause it will just be considered as a forth resource.....

Hope you liked my idea....i am looking forward for your opinions....

Peace
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Creating another resource would be a difficult task... and I'm not actually entirely sure it's possible to create it (I assume you meant 5th resource; 4th is export).

Regarding this:
Quote:
also when i would send a shipement from the homecity (units or mercreneries) i hate that requirement of having that population space....it does not make a sense....your metropole should be able to save you if your town is under siege.....of course sieging houses must be rewarded but not by preventing your enemy from sending rescue forces from the homecity.....

I think an easier way to solve that issue is if the cards did not cost population; the population would be used once the shipment arrived (similar to the Big-Button technologies that the Native American civs have. They don't require population to be "researched", the population is added on after the tech is complete)

(On a side note... I should probably leave Tilanus to answer all these suggestions..., so I'll stop here lol )

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: pop as resource

I think this idea has alot of potential. It fixes the issue with population regarding armies and may give the player the option in the future to select the max pop for a particular game (50, 100, 250, 300, 500, 1000, or infinite).
bolbolbarkia
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Ande59 wrote :
Quote:
I assume you meant 5th resource; 4th is export

Yes indeed it will be the 5th,my bad Razz

About this:

Quote:
the population would be used once the shipment arrived

this is not what i meant....i really recommand that the population must be consumed only to train units(just like food or gold or else, so shipping from your metropole dont need population "in your bank")....enough of considering it as a container for units.....i hope i expressed myself better this time Wink
Page 1 of 1