Aoe3 wol and the coreans

Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do u love coreans
I love coreans (give me gamma koreans and I will be happy)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
I am a fan of koreans and want them soon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Coreans are a good civ overall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think koreans are okay but have no added love need for them soon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am not a fan of the coreans
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
I hate koreans as a civ indicating i do not live a meaningful life javascript:emoticon(':cry:') (prepare to be sad)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Arent we forgetting about the other three civs
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Aoe3 wol and the coreans

Alright the people need to come forward. Do you want to see the koreans soon in wol (hopefully out at the end of the month).
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

This isn't WoL site man!
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

BTW since you was the one who insisted that WoL Inca are very well designed, I tried them yesterday on 3 different matches. Guess what? I found many flaws on it. First, the Inca military units are useless. Too weak. In this game all the civilizations are supposed to be able to put a fight. TWC units in general are strong and especially agile. Even Russia and China at least can be dangerous throughout their artillery units. But neither of the WoL Inca units looked dangerous IMO, maybe except their limited cavalry. Second, after 10-15 minutes you don't need to gather coin with your villager. As long as you train villagers and put them on food and wood, and research the market techs, the coin autogatherment will grant you sufficient coin. Also Inca building cost coin, you will never have a shortage of this resource, which you can exchange with other resources in the market. This grants you more population space to train their weak military units but this is still unbalanced. Third, I noted that the best strategy to win with the Inca is to build a monument as soon you reach Colonial Age. Then you just send a scout at the enemy base to get LOS on it. Then with a little hocus pocus from the monument, you set on fire the enemy base. This will do a hell of damage at your enemy, since the flames expands and destroy everything in your path. It's pretty much impossible to turn off the flames and you losses all or most of the villagers while trying to do it.
These are the main flaws I found. But I bet that there are more. The Inca represents WoL in general. A fancy but unbalanced mod, and often unhistorical.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: inca

Well I try the inca often and do not see a problem with thier military. I think the bolas has a clear purpose and the huamica can hold off cavalry well. The manco can devastate infantry. I do not honestly think the inca are at a real disadvantage. People are so biased and uncreative to assume the tupi and columbians are the kings of the game.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

I know very well the stats of the Huaminca and Bolas from the original game and they serve as a counter cavalry and counter infantry respectively. But they aren't as good as Aztec Jaguar Warrior and Macehutin at doing it. None of the other Inca unit added by WoL are great either. I think the WoL admitted it by themselves that the Inca are more a support civilization in team games since their military units are crap but their economy is good, especially with the coin resource. The Manco Horseman is somewhat better but is limited in numbers throught HC Cards or Big button techs. Also noted that the Inca have better defensive structures compared to the rest of native americans but this is normal considering how expensive are their buildings. Their bonus of buildings dropping chest of coins after being destroyed is a double-edged knife. You cab gather that coin and rebuild your base but the enemy alsk may gather it. In team games the players have a lot to gain by attacking the Inca. First they can get the coin and second they can deny the Inca's ally from their powerful economic support. This not a nice position to be for an Inca player. But as long as the Inca can cast a fire at the enemy bases every 15 minutes, they will surely win the match. Because this incredibly OP. The rest of their powers looked more balanced. Well at least these powers are cinematic and looked good, a bit better than the AoM ones.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Streletsy, if you make one more of these threads with stupid polls it'll be your last, I promise. You're not unstoppable on my forum.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: map

well do you have ideas for my war light map since it is a legitimate topic and something I am actually working on.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm not interested in any of your topics and I think you'd have a much better chance to stay on this forum if your approach to opening topics would be less egoistic. Stop flooding the forum with topics and polls that the community is not interested in. The questions you ask are not worth the space they take in the forum's overview. You put very few thoughts to poll options, thread titles ("Firestorm asked for this one" sounds like something you'd do via PM and is really anything but self-explanatory) and whether other people here have the same interest in these topics as you do.

This is a community dedicated to NE and not about WoL or personal projects that are completely unrelated.

If you keep on ignoring all that and treat the forum like a place for your monologues, I'll just ban you so that you can keep on talking just to yourself. Rolling Eyes

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Page 1 of 1