11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: CoV breakings news

Dear NE fans,

I tell you these very BREAKING NEWS with both a laughing and a crying eye.

First the GOOD NEWS: The issue of missing AI players/civs and Homecity creation has finally been resolved! The credit for this great achievement in AoE3 modding goes to kangcliff, the programming genius of NE and Daniel Pereira from WoL. Cool

Now the BAD NEWS: This technical breakthrough makes our beautiful Congress of Vienna obsolete and therefore the further development of the CoV will be cancelled for now. Unless, we find another use that makes it worth picking up the work again..

What does it mean for the further development of NE?
Good things. This (CoV breaking) news brings us back into a position where we can release. So a release of NE 2.1.8 is now more likely to happen. Wink

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Well anything that means the same net goal can be delivered more swiftly with no real functional loss has to be good news.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: reaction

Well tilanus the thing about the cov being obsolete was pretty obvious if anyone keeps track of whats going on in the aoe3 modding community since this was being discussed at wol for over 2 weeks. Second I have a little question to ask. What will be the new method of having more than 14 ai's present at once. I never heard how it will be done exactly. The best news about this discovery is how ne 3.0 will be out earlier.
Makedonia
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: CoV breakings news

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Dear NE fans,

I tell you these very BREAKING NEWS with both a laughing and a crying eye.

First the GOOD NEWS: The issue of missing AI players/civs and Homecity creation has finally been resolved! The credit for this great achievement in AoE3 modding goes to kangcliff, the programming genius of NE and Daniel Pereira from WoL. Cool

Now the BAD NEWS: This technical breakthrough makes our beautiful Congress of Vienna obsolete and therefore the further development of the CoV will be cancelled for now. Unless, we find another use that makes it worth picking up the work again..

What does it mean for the further development of NE?
Good things. This (CoV breaking) news brings us back into a position where we can release. So a release of NE 2.1.8 is now more likely to happen. Wink

How were they able to find out ways to circumvent the CoV? I would now like to make a mod with a lot of civilizations.
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALL 23 CIVILISATIONS ARE ALL IN THE GAME!?
CasualBeta
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject:

Crazy Crusher wrote:
ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALL 23 CIVILISATIONS ARE ALL IN THE GAME!?

That would be great.
Zooasaurus
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject:

Hell yeah! Can't wait for 2.1.8! Mr. Green
But does that (CoV breaking) means we can't auto update the mod anymore? Sad
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject:

CasualBeta wrote:
That would be great.

It would be, but is it true?
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

It means that we won't hold a congress in vienna this year Mr. Green With the new method you simply select your AI opponent on skirmish games as you usually do. But now you will be able to select between more than 14 civilizations. Since the team doesn't need to work on that device anymore, it means that we will concentrate more on NE2.1.8 which will fix and re-balance the current civilizations and will introduce a few brand new things as well.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

Zooasaurus wrote:
But does that (CoV breaking) means we can't auto update the mod anymore? Sad

An auto-updater was never planned, only an update checker. We have a couple of CoV functions and new ideas left, which we could imagine for an alternative tool. We are currently, however, not very motivated to put more work in such a tool right now. Maybe later. Smile

Crazy Crusher wrote:
CasualBeta wrote:
That would be great.

It would be, but is it true?

It is. Mr. Green

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote:
Well tilanus the thing about the cov being obsolete was pretty obvious if anyone keeps track of whats going on in the aoe3 modding community since this was being discussed at wol for over 2 weeks.

Well Streletsy, if anyone knows how to keep track of the AoE3 modding community, be certain it is me. The redundancy of the CoV was not 'pretty obvious' 2 weeks ago at all, because at that point the fix itself was incomplete and it was not clear if Daniel "from WoL" (he's not even a real WoL member) would be willing to share it. So it could well have been we'd have to stick with the CoV. Just because someone else already had it, doesn't automatically mean we get it too.

So to be clear, without my efforts NE wouldn't have that fix at all, which again wouldn't be as great if kangcliff, an essential member of the NE core team, didn't help Daniel improving it. Daniel is undoubtedly the great initiator behind this fix and we're very thankful for his cooperation, but calling this a pure WoL achievement is not only wrong, it also shows what a biased prick you are in your "analytical posts" in which you only try to show wol in the best light possible. And because we at NE like unbiased perspectives on things, I won't answer your question. Too bad.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: ai's

to be clear i was not targeting the ne team in anyway because the team is closely tied to aoe3 mod developments. I was referring to how unexperienced users of this mod should not be surprised that the ai trick was gonna come into a effect eventually to all major aoe3 mods. Was not trying to be biased towards wol and was just using some discussions there as a example. What i've learned about this community over the past weeks is what a dry sense of humor and lack of knowing seriousness they can have sometimes. Instead of thinking the worst from a post think of all possible meanings first. I can get help from someone else about how the game can hold more than 14 ai's if i need to thank you very much ha ha ha. I think it is a great achievment for all of aoe3 modding that things like the throne room and cov are not as needed much. For example if mac users want to use wol for wine which is a problem i have been tackling for several months now, the need for throne room is lessened meaning I could use the easier manual install method on wine to do testings or maybe even just use regular manual installs on the mac itself if the sound files will play instead of not being cue'd. This is a big discovery for everyone especially for wol and ne equally. I do really think wol and ne should not be in a space race of sorts to be the best and but I am scared of how people here are so quick to call wol users of starting one and brings some suspicion for what this mod stands for.
Zooasaurus
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ai's

to be clear i was not targeting the ne team in anyway because the team is closely tied to aoe3 mod developments. I was referring to how unexperienced users of this mod should not be surprised that the ai trick was gonna come into a effect eventually to all major aoe3 mods

As far as I know, pretty much everyone in the modding community says that it's impossible to do such a thing. So something like this is pretty unexpected for me
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 am    Post subject:

You guys must relise that many people over the past 10 years have tried and failed to do this. This is the first time ever anyone has ever been able to do this. This truly is a monumental time in AOE3 modding history.

Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject:

Nice work, NE team. Congratulations on achieving >14 civilizations.
Is the update checker coming soon? (with 2.1.8 or 2.2? ...or when it's done? lol ) I have a suggestion regarding it. Perhaps to add a "patch notes" section?

Spoiler:

Was not trying to be biased towards wol and was just using some discussions there as a example.

I don't wish to add flames to this...
Perhaps it wasn't your intention to be (or even appear to be) biased towards WoL, but your numerous posts about the WoL mod in an NE mod forum implied/suggested otherwise.

*Insert Taunt 31 spam here*
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ai's

First, congrats to the team! I think, like the poll is showing, that it was the good decision Smile
to be clear i was not targeting the ne team in anyway because the team is closely tied to aoe3 mod developments. I was referring to how unexperienced users of this mod should not be surprised that the ai trick was gonna come into a effect eventually to all major aoe3 mods. Was not trying to be biased towards wol and was just using some discussions there as a example. What i've learned about this community over the past weeks is what a dry sense of humor and lack of knowing seriousness they can have sometimes. Instead of thinking the worst from a post think of all possible meanings first. I can get help from someone else about how the game can hold more than 14 ai's if i need to thank you very much ha ha ha. I think it is a great achievment for all of aoe3 modding that things like the throne room and cov are not as needed much. For example if mac users want to use wol for wine which is a problem i have been tackling for several months now, the need for throne room is lessened meaning I could use the easier manual install method on wine to do testings or maybe even just use regular manual installs on the mac itself if the sound files will play instead of not being cue'd. This is a big discovery for everyone especially for wol and ne equally. I do really think wol and ne should not be in a space race of sorts to be the best and but I am scared of how people here are so quick to call wol users of starting one and brings some suspicion for what this mod stands for.

Do you never write a constructive post? I mean, think about your posts for a second: are they bringing up something interesting to the others, a constructive critic to the topic? Also, a "lack of knowing seriousness": really? What about your "seriousness"?
About the "dry lack of humour", I'd say you should first start to act like an adult and stop comparing all. the. time. NE with Wol, and throwing stupid remarks. You also know you can always leave the forum (in case that wasn't obvious).

P.S. Like Ande59, I don't wanna go on flame wars, but I felt the need to respond to that.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: wol and ne

Well I compare the two often because to me and in real content they are the only still going on and booming mods in aoe3. I often use the other to make a example for the latter because while it does not seem like both mods share anything in common, down to the roots they do. I just do not like it when people think wol is like saying voldemort in harry potter "the name that should never be said".
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2