Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Makedonia wrote:
roy1012 wrote:
As Macedonia (I refuse to type "Makedonia", Rome 2 propoganda) said, the minieball wasn't used until the Crimean War (Also the American Civil War), in the 1850's and the 1860's. The NE timeline is the 1550's - 1815, so no.

How come Tilanus doesn't want the Ferguson or Hall rifles? Those were made during Napoleonic era.

After doing some research (i'm not big on knowing every type of firearm or tank there is out there) it seems as if these were used in a rarity and/or weren't used until after the Napoleonic Wars. The Hall wasn't issued until 1819 (Hence the name M1819 Hall rifle) and, according to wikipedia, the Ferguson rifle took an awefully long time to produce, as "the four gunsmiths making Ferguson's Ordnance Rifle could not make 100 in 6 months at four times the cost per arm of a musket." For this reason it was rarely used.

And, no, UnstoppableStreletsky. They would not be good assets to some of the civs. They would only be able to be implemented into one each (British Ferguson, American Hall). That is not "some", that is one each. Some would imply that it is more than one, but it only applies to one. So, no. It would not be a good asset to "some" civs.

And regardless of any of this, you would simply be renaming an upgrade. Nobody (No good players) care what the upgrade is called, they care what it gives. Your suggestion is lackluster at best and at the end of the day useless.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Darwin_
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
As Macedonia (I refuse to type "Makedonia", Rome 2 propoganda) said, the minieball wasn't used until the Crimean War (Also the American Civil War), in the 1850's and the 1860's. The NE timeline is the 1550's - 1815, so no.

Oh. Whoops. I thought it was an earlier invention for some reason.
Silmariel
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

Concerning the update of the civilizations-page: what I would really like to see soon is the replacement of the old AI-portraits with those newer ones which were floating around some time ago (certainly not more than 3 years ago) and which can be selected as profile-icons. They simply look so much better.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

While that's true, icons for a Civ are less priority than developing the mod itself. I thing the devs have more important things to do than change a few jpgs.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Silmariel wrote:
Concerning the update of the civilizations-page: what I would really like to see soon is the replacement of the old AI-portraits with those newer ones which were floating around some time ago (certainly not more than 3 years ago) and which can be selected as profile-icons. They simply look so much better.

I intend to do that parallely with the change of flags, which then again I intend to do parallely with the release of reworked civ versions. AI portraits and flags are the most iconic visual identifiers of a civ. Since I intend to rework the Swiss and Swedish, there's a good chance for those.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2