Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King of Persia
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Your first AoE Experience

Greetings from Berlin!

Here is my Story!

I just searched for "Tornado in Berlin" (don't ask me why)
and then i saw a Video from the biggest weather Disaster in Berlin
summer 2002 and i just remember..... in this time i started playing AoE2 O_O
in the age of 2 1/2 lol. My father and his friends played a lot aoe2. Then one day my father said "here! click with the mouse on the sheep" and then a Gamer was born Mr. Green

And this how i started playing AoE.

How did you started?
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

My friend showed it to me in 2009 when I came over once a week or so I'd play and love it. I liked the Japanese and British. So in 2010 on my birthday my grandfather took me out Walmart to buy me something. He does that with all the grandkids, the day after your birthday he'd take you out for lunch and to buy you something (since we grew up and don't use toys, he takes us to movies now) so I looked for age of empires. I found it and I had to call my mom to make sure it was ok (I was 11 at the time and my grandpa wasn't sure that my mom would allow it) and she confirmed it. I played that every day from 2010- late 2012, when I discovered Rome and medieval 2 total war. I still played it after but then met friends who showed me crusader kings and warband. All in all I've played over 600 supremacy games, 500 treaties and countless scenarios like risk, Zelda, colloseum, mutation, all the old ones. I also played somewhere around 100-150 NE games. All in all I probably spent 4000ish hours on age of empires. It sparked my interest in history and inspired me to read historical books and actually do research about history. I'd say it's a pretty good game.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
King of Persia
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

k interesting ^^

AoE helped me in school a lot!
when i was in the kindergarten I learned English
and a lot of the middle age! (the game was just in English lol) later in the first and second grade there was an extra subject called "English" but it was hard
because i didn't knew the German words for it ._.

The problem was i knew more words in English than German ~_~ and I couldn't translate it :/

Then we had the middle age in history and it was easy because..... Google translater and Stronghold (another rly good strategy game!) because it was in German.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: my first aoe experience

I have only been doing aoe for about 4 years now. The first time I played a aoe game it wasnt really a aoe game. It was the aoe2 ds game that a friend showed me and told me that it was really good. I played tje game and got really good really fast. While it is turn based instead of real time, I learned the basis of how aoe2 is played. I knew the ai loved siege, infantry, and trained mercanary units from the market so I learned to use heavy cavalry and archers to counter ai along with long range siege (how most 1v1 hun battles on arabia are fought). Now I play on steam using mac and have both aoe2 expansions and am getting better over time at playing. And believe it or not I did got ne 2.1.7 a few months before wol came out around the same time i started to pick up aom. I own every aoe game except the originil rise of rome game.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject:

First of all, I still play AoE2 DS. That game is awesome.

My first experience was when AoE2 came out on PC, I enjoyed playing it casually, but I didn't really play online much. The campaign was what really interested me the most. My favourite campaign, and hence civ, were the Mongols.

When AoE3 came out, I got it as a birthday present from my relatives (can't actually remember who). After the campaign, the first civ I played was the Portuguese, and back then they were my most played civ. I think I connected with it the most due to how versatile they were in vanilla (non-expansion AoE3).
I remember a year after playing AoE3, I was playing Portugal against Russia in a 1v1, and he completely smashed me. That was my "conversion" (insert excessive "Wololo") of a Portuguese player to a Russian player.

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: aoe experiences

I do still play aoe2 ds and do multiplayer with friends (my friends that own the game usually share it with 5-6 other friends so its hard to tell when we can do a good 2-3 player ffa) I also tried the aom ds game and think it is also good for multiplayer but the ai is over powered sometimes since it gets extra resources instead of depending on farms, mills, and mines. The norse ai is just dumb unless a greek player uses ceasefire (the odin ai will actually build shrine and will try to catch up when the god power is played). In aoe2 ds I play alot of mongols and saracens and on aom ds I play loki, zeus, posieden, and set often. In aoe3 I did not play as portugese for a very long time and when I tried them I just did not like them to some extent. In europe my favorite civs were russia, britian, and germans. I also like aztecs, and chinese. In aoe2 I like all of the civs in the original game and the three expansions.
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

I kinda feel old remembering back to those days^^

My first experience was with AoE, when I was like 8 I think. We're travelling through Germany when we went in a electronics store (i dont remember why). There were 1 Games, and Age of Empires 1 was one of them. I think that was the first "real" game I played (the others were more games for kids like Adibou lol ). Later came the AoE2 + Expansion, and I also really liked the Age of Mythology but I played at a friend's. Then, I didnt play it much after some time, I kinda lost interest in it.
But then when I was 12 I think, I received AoE3 for Christmas from an uncle I almost never see (so it was quite a coincidence that he picked this game Mr. Green ). I was very excited with how the game changed and I needed a bit time to adapt to it. But then, it became the game I played the most lol

Also whats funny is I didnt know how to play online (I apparently messed up with the account I created, snif). So I played a lot of LANs, and then when I discovered AoE3 online, the amount of hours went through the roof x)
In total, I certainly played Age of Empires series for around 10-12 years.
Page 1 of 1